Do you think that Singaporean are rude (some)?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ev-disinfection » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 4:39 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see a road trip is in order to view the wildlife in their natural element down in Bali. :)
Funny that you mention Bali...
I will be there with my guys from the 12th - 15th July,
will submit my report when we return...
Anyone care to join my research / exploration team?

Please do not tell them what we will be doing, in case they all shave.

:cool: :D

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 5:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see a road trip is in order to view the wildlife in their natural element down in Bali. :)
My geriatric landlady (London, late 80s) would make an annual pilgrimage to Tunisia to receive the attention and service of young boys there! :o
Last edited by JR8 on Mon, 28 Feb 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ev-disinfection » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 6:22 pm

JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see a road trip is in order to view the wildlife in their natural element down in Bali. :)
My geriatric landlady (London, late 80s) would make an annual pilgrimage to Tunisia to receive the attention and service of your boys there! :o
Hey JR8,
SMS meant the Kuta Beach Cowboys,
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... Z-jHBn0pwg

I wonder why they call themselves "cowboys"? hmmmmm....

:D

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 6:33 pm

ev-disinfection wrote:
JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see a road trip is in order to view the wildlife in their natural element down in Bali. :)
My geriatric landlady (London, late 80s) would make an annual pilgrimage to Tunisia to receive the attention and service of your boys there! :o
Hey JR8,
SMS meant the Kuta Beach Cowboys,
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... Z-jHBn0pwg

I wonder why they call themselves "cowboys"? hmmmmm....

:D
Yeah I know. Unfortunately there was in a typo in my post [edited] that rather skewed it's meaning.

I was trying to say that I am familiar with this concept.

Kuta is a disgusting hole. I visited the beach once and was getting such attention from local men :x that I never went back.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 6:48 pm

JR8 wrote:Kuta is a disgusting hole. I visited the beach once and was getting such attention from local men :x that I never went back.
JR8 wrote:...men I know are homosexual...
JR8 wrote:Maybe it's just 'the circle' I became a part of.
You were getting such attention?!?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 7:15 pm

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:Kuta is a disgusting hole. I visited the beach once and was getting such attention from local men :x that I never went back.
JR8 wrote:...men I know are homosexual...
JR8 wrote:Maybe it's just 'the circle' I became a part of.
You were getting such attention?!?

Oh God.... [head in hands] :? :)

It is naughty of you Nak to conflate different posts into one like this :? :roll:

1) Yes I was pestered by homo prostitutes on Kuta beach back in the 90's, to the extent it was .... just grim, revolting...
2) Yes I know several homosexual men in Singapore. They are friends, and their sexuality by and large does not bother me at all.
3) They're amongst old time school-friends of my SGn wife. So what to do lah? Hence my earlier comment about 'marrying into that circle' :)

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 7:28 pm

JR8 wrote:
nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:Kuta is a disgusting hole. I visited the beach once and was getting such attention from local men :x that I never went back.
JR8 wrote:...men I know are homosexual...
JR8 wrote:Maybe it's just 'the circle' I became a part of.
You were getting such attention?!?

Oh God.... [head in hands] :? :)
You mean...

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 7:32 pm

Yes.

You started early on the sherry today!
:wink: :)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11650
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:04 pm

JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see a road trip is in order to view the wildlife in their natural element down in Bali. :)
My geriatric landlady (London, late 80s) would make an annual pilgrimage to Tunisia to receive the attention and service of young boys there! :o
Are you going to check out if she has a hairy chest? We need some hard data here.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:18 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see a road trip is in order to view the wildlife in their natural element down in Bali. :)
My geriatric landlady (London, late 80s) would make an annual pilgrimage to Tunisia to receive the attention and service of young boys there! :o
Are you going to check out if she has a hairy chest? We need some hard data here.

Hahaha.... oh gross, she was certainly in her 70s even back then. She walked with a stick after having fallen off a roof (pissed) at a party in Tehran back during the reign of the Shah.

There seemed to a lot more mold-breaking characters in the world like her when I was younger than today.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests