Singapore Expats Forum

Former PR wants its status back? Help and advice pls.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Police123

Postby Police123 » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks MS. Been helpful for me.

pinkydsecrets

Postby pinkydsecrets » Sun, 08 May 2011 12:22 pm

Hi, about 2 years ago I made a bad call of judgement to decide to renounce my PR to study overseas and be with my Fiance. But things did not work out well with the Fiance because I could not get a Visa to go over. Now turning 29 and single, it has been hard for me cause although I am not Singaporean, I have been living in Singapore since I was a baby, it was actually my birthright just that I was born in another country and my parents did not realize that they required to register my birth with the Singapore Embassy before I turned 1year old. And all along I never knew the difference of having PR and actual Citizenship probably cause I have lived in Singapore since young and thinks like a Singaporean.

Now I can only keep traveling within Asia just so I can stay to be with my Mom and sisters here in Singapore. I have a Philippine Citizenship but I never grew up there and it has been so hard for me to go and live there all on my own. I am hoping if there is anyway at all I can try to get back my PR or at least some pass so I can stay with my Mother and Sisters and also help out in the Family business.

I tried talking to ICA but the officers at the info counter does not seem to be able to help much. I am really hoping someone can help me in my situation. Thanks you.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 08 May 2011 3:01 pm

pinkydsecrets wrote:Hi, about 2 years ago I made a bad call of judgement to decide to renounce my PR to study overseas and be with my Fiance. But things did not work out well with the Fiance because I could not get a Visa to go over. Now turning 29 and single, it has been hard for me cause although I am not Singaporean, I have been living in Singapore since I was a baby, it was actually my birthright just that I was born in another country and my parents did not realize that they required to register my birth with the Singapore Embassy before I turned 1year old. And all along I never knew the difference of having PR and actual Citizenship probably cause I have lived in Singapore since young and thinks like a Singaporean.

Now I can only keep traveling within Asia just so I can stay to be with my Mom and sisters here in Singapore. I have a Philippine Citizenship but I never grew up there and it has been so hard for me to go and live there all on my own. I am hoping if there is anyway at all I can try to get back my PR or at least some pass so I can stay with my Mother and Sisters and also help out in the Family business.

I tried talking to ICA but the officers at the info counter does not seem to be able to help much. I am really hoping someone can help me in my situation. Thanks you.

Your parents are Sger or PR in SG when you are born ?

What nationalities were you when you are born ? SG or Peens ?

Now what nationalities do you hold ?

When you were young if you are not SG , then you are PR ? Are your parents considered 1st Gen PR under PTS scheme or one of you parent is a local ?

If you are a ex PR when did you renounce PRship?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

pinkydsecrets

Postby pinkydsecrets » Tue, 10 May 2011 12:28 am

My Dad, is Singaporean (Pure Local Chinese Singaporean) My Mom is PR . I mentioned why I renounced my PR in my earlier note. Been a PR since young hence me thinking that it is the same as a Singaporean status cause I did not realize the diff only after I renounced. I was told that I need to return my CPF if I want a chance to get back the PR but I wonder if CPF will allow me to make installments??

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 10 May 2011 4:12 am

pinkydsecrets wrote:My Dad, is Singaporean (Pure Local Chinese Singaporean) My Mom is PR . I mentioned why I renounced my PR in my earlier note. Been a PR since young hence me thinking that it is the same as a Singaporean status cause I did not realize the diff only after I renounced. I was told that I need to return my CPF if I want a chance to get back the PR but I wonder if CPF will allow me to make installments??

Yes you need to return your CPF monies plus interest to the last cent back to CPF board is only one of the criteria. I do not recall CPF allows that but you can try . It will only hinder you regaining your PR
If your Dad is a SGer, you can use this as a plus point but at this point of time your guess is as good as mine.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

pinkydsecrets

Postby pinkydsecrets » Wed, 11 May 2011 12:15 am

HI MS, thanks although not much I can work on from your reply. :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 11 May 2011 5:14 am

pinkydsecrets wrote:HI MS, thanks although not much I can work on from your reply. :)

Sorry , you did not get what I meant

Here is the link and you have to satisfy these requirement
http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... tesREP.pdf

What I failed to understand is why are you a PR instead of a Sger. If you are born here , you are Sger and if born overseas, you are a Sger as per below guideline. How did your parent got you a PR ?
Did you came thru under student visa under your MOM?

An overseas-born minor (child) may be eligible for Singapore Citizenship by Descent under Article 122(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, if his/her parents meet any of the following conditions:

Male Singapore citizen by Birth who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth
Male Singapore citizen by Registration who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth and minor does not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
Female Singapore citizen by Birth and minor born on or after 15 May 2004
Female Singapore citizen by Registration and minor born on or after 15 May 2004. Minor shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
Male (who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth) or Female Singapore citizen by Descent has to declare their residence period in Singapore. The application can only be accepted if the parent fulfils the requirements stipulated in the Annex.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132

pinkydsecrets

Postby pinkydsecrets » Sat, 14 May 2011 1:33 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
pinkydsecrets wrote:HI MS, thanks although not much I can work on from your reply. :)

Sorry , you did not get what I meant

Here is the link and you have to satisfy these requirement
http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... tesREP.pdf

What I failed to understand is why are you a PR instead of a Sger. If you are born here , you are Sger and if born overseas, you are a Sger as per below guideline. How did your parent got you a PR ?
Did you came thru under student visa under your MOM?

An overseas-born minor (child) may be eligible for Singapore Citizenship by Descent under Article 122(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, if his/her parents meet any of the following javascript:emoticon(':)')conditions:

Male Singapore citizen by Birth who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth
Male Singapore citizen by Registration who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth and minor does not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
Female Singapore citizen by Birth and minor born on or after 15 May 2004
Female Singapore citizen by Registration and minor born on or after 15 May 2004. Minor shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
Male (who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth) or Female Singapore citizen by Descent has to declare their residence period in Singapore. The application can only be accepted if the parent fulfils the requirements stipulated in the Annex.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132

Oh My sisters and I were all born in the Philippines cause my parents had several businesses there and only kinda came to Singapore I believe after the age of 1 year old and according to my Mom, they were told by the Singapore government then, that we could only acquire or register us for the Citizenship before 1 year old. Anyway that was the past nothing to do with my situation now. All I want is to be able to find a way to get my PR back or even some way I can get a dependent pass or LTVS just so I can live with my family. So if you know a way, I truly appreciate it. Otherwise thanks for your help although it has no link to my initial query. javascript:emoticon(':)') :)

Have a great weekend.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 14 May 2011 3:49 am

pinkydsecrets wrote:Oh My sisters and I were all born in the Philippines cause my parents had several businesses there and only kinda came to Singapore I believe after the age of 1 year old and according to my Mom, they were told by the Singapore government then, that we could only acquire or register us for the Citizenship before 1 year old. Anyway that was the past nothing to do with my situation now. All I want is to be able to find a way to get my PR back or even some way I can get a dependent pass or LTVS just so I can live with my family. So if you know a way, I truly appreciate it. Otherwise thanks for your help although it has no link to my initial query. javascript:emoticon(':)') :)

Have a great weekend.

Precisely what I have thought as your DAD is a Sger, you should be given a SG Citizenship. WHy did ICA offers you a SG PR knowing full well you are a male child. This really baffles me.
Anyway try LTSVP under sponsorship from your DAD then apply Citizenship or PR. Your DAD needs to proof of income of more than$2500.
This route is messy and needs alot of perseverance. You will need to renounce Peen citizenship if it is approve. BTW how old are you ?

pinkydsecrets

Postby pinkydsecrets » Sat, 28 May 2011 12:37 am

um just to clarify cause I think you misread my initial note cause I am no male. I'm 100% woman...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 28 May 2011 4:00 am

pinkydsecrets wrote:um just to clarify cause I think you misread my initial note cause I am no male. I'm 100% woman...

LOL, OK my bad on your gender but it does not eradicate the issue. Once you given up PR to reapply PR , you have either go via EP route and reapply PR after many years working here OR have your parents apply you a LTSVP and be a local sponsor. The latter sound very flimsy and chances of rejection is higher.