Singapore Expats

God

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
skumars25

God

Post by skumars25 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 5:08 pm

Dear friends,

I have already worked in singapore with an employment pass for 3 years during 2001 to 2004. I have a good amount of other technical qualification done privately. I didn’t cleared the degree but i have mentioned in my E.P application that i have completed and i didn’t had any issues during my tenure.

I was working in India from 2005-2010 and now i got a job in singapore & my E.P has been approved. I am currently in singapore but i would like to know will this casue any problem in future? i have close to 15 years of experience and have a good amount of additional qualification.

Can you please advise me?

Thanks,
Kumar
Last edited by skumars25 on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: EP help

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 5:13 pm

skumars25 wrote:Dear friends,

I have already worked in singapore with an employment pass for 3 years during 2001 to 2004. I have a good amount of other technical qualification done privately. I didn’t cleared the degree but i have mentioned in my E.P application that i have completed and i didn’t had any issues during my tenure.

I was working in India from 2005-2010 and now i got a job in singapore & my E.P has been approved. I am currently in singapore but i would like to know will this casue any problem in future? i have close to 15 years of experience and have a good amount of additional qualification.

Can you please advise me?

Thanks,
Kumar
producing false information is a serious offence. If they find out both you and your company will be in Serious Trouble. You will be in more trouble. Don't do this [-X
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Fri, 04 Mar 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skumars25

Re: EP help

Post by skumars25 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 5:19 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
producing false information is a serious offence. If they find out both you and your company will be in Serious Trouble. You will be in more trouble. Don't do this [-X
I completely agree.. i should have not done that.. but unfortunately i have done that mistake i am feel bad for this.. what is the best option for me now. if i read correctly mom says EP would be approved based on other criteria's and i have enough experience and also other extra qualification.. i thought that might have helped me to get the visa and thats why i am here working...

Please do not hit me hard.. i am already down feeling bad about this.. pleaes

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 5:41 pm

Well, the way I see it, you have two options. Let it slide and hope you don't get caught out, knowing fully well if you are you are finished in Singapore.

OR

Tell them that your never completed your degree and hope that the other certificates and experience will hold you in good stead. They may well let you stay but change your EP to a different level. OR they might deport you anyway.

In the words of Dirty Harry..... "Do you feel lucky"
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

skumars25

Post by skumars25 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 7:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, the way I see it, you have two options. Let it slide and hope you don't get caught out, knowing fully well if you are you are finished in Singapore.

OR

Tell them that your never completed your degree and hope that the other certificates and experience will hold you in good stead. They may well let you stay but change your EP to a different level. OR they might deport you anyway.

Thank you brothers for your quick response.
I am thinking whether i can suicide if i caught..

i am sure i can not go to my office or m.o.m stating that i have given a false information.. which is equal to killing my self... 99.99% sure i am gone if i caught.. but 0.001% hope that govt may let me live.. since i am contributing to the economic growth, paying tax, not involved in any criminal activities and great fan of SG.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:24 pm

skumars25 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, the way I see it, you have two options. Let it slide and hope you don't get caught out, knowing fully well if you are you are finished in Singapore.

OR

Thank you brothers for your quick response.
I am thinking whether i can suicide if i caught..

i am sure i can not go to my office or m.o.m stating that i have given a false information.. which is equal to killing my self... 99.99% sure i am gone if i caught.. but 0.001% hope that govt may let me live.. since i am contributing to the economic growth, paying tax, not involved in any criminal activities and great fan of SG.
You have made a mistake, but that is not the end of Life. Realize the mistake and dont do it again.

If in case something happens and you are not allowed to work in SG, accept it and work somewhere else. But dont give the wrong information again. This is just my advise. Good Luck !

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:39 am

You can always say, well i was just testing how good your system was :lol: I would think they have took you based on 15 years experience

skumars25

Post by skumars25 » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 6:55 pm

I am /was also hoping that i have given the opportunity based on my other certifications and the experience. Still i am worried a lot about this.. not sure what to do next.. praying god everyday...

Also why are they are not checking it during the visa approval.. whatever i know its done only after visa approval and only on selected people

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 7:46 pm

skumars25 wrote:I am /was also hoping that i have given the opportunity based on my other certifications and the experience. Still i am worried a lot about this.. not sure what to do next.. praying god everyday...

Also why are they are not checking it during the visa approval.. whatever i know its done only after visa approval and only on selected people
Relax man, what's done is done, no point in losing sleep over it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:02 am

Frankly, Singapore is a vindictive country, taking after it's father, but that's the way it goes.

The worst that will happen is that you will be your pass will be canceled and you will be sent back to your home country. It's one of those things. If you go to MOM to "confess" you may or may not be deported, whether you are or not is anybody's guess, truth be told. I understand your dilemma, wanting a clear conscious, but not wanting to return home either. The fact that your academic credentials were not checked will be to your credit if you own up to the fact that your application had an error. Maybe, as I indicated earlier, your experience may hold you in good stead but you may get your pass downgraded to a lower pass (unless you are already on an S pass). Does your employer know?

Oh, and deleting your initial post was somewhat childish, if you don't mind me saying so. The initial respondent to your post quoted your initial post so all the original text is there. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:28 am

SMS,
Should I delete that initial quote too?

skumars25

Post by skumars25 » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks for all your help.
I am planning to resign my job and go back to my own country, which would at least solve 10% off my problem now.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:27 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:SMS,
Should I delete that initial quote too?
Definitely not. Then the whole thread become unusable. There is nothing in the original post that can be traced unless a police report were filed and even then, it's doubtful because most, if not all of the local ISP's use cached IP addresses where '00's of users are logged in at the same time.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 2:47 pm

113 have been discovered with false documents out of literally thousands, the percentage is very very small, and I imagine there are not the resources available to check every one's.

This forum is monitored however, and okay the guy has a conscience yet it is still not wise to discuss his wrong doing on a monitored forum.

He's got the message, now he must deal with it! I would recommend that his post be deleted, as it is not really appropriate to this forum as it is illegal and this forum does not condone or encourage illegality right! :wink:
if not all of the local ISP's use cached IP addresses where '00's of users are logged in at the same time.
So how was one of the posters having a problem with his postings on NS? Just curious, as we are all now aware that this website is monitored, and anything said or even discussed, maybe used in evidence against us. especially if applying for PR status.

The Mods have their PR's but many posters have not, which means, that anyone giving advice on problems of this nature, maybe at risk of being flagged as undesirable for PR status.

skumars25

Bye bye singapore

Post by skumars25 » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 7:35 pm

Its time to say BYE BYE TO SINGAPORE.. i am back to my gods own country:-) Thanks for all your support

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”