Singapore Expats

EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
halevan

EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Post by halevan » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 1:55 pm

Hi all, I applied for my EP for a new company last month 19 Jan, 2011. But due to my negligence, I provided info that is inconsistent with their current records. :( We found the inconsistency and corrected it.

So the HR submitted an appeal (with supporting docs) on the same day via mail as instructed by MOM. Until now no response from them. Do you know how long does it usually take? I'm now suffering from the agony of waiting, though I haven't left my current job yet.

Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 2:28 pm

halevan wrote:Hi all, I applied for my EP for a new company last month 19 Jan, 2011. But due to my negligence, I provided info that is inconsistent with their current records. :( We found the inconsistency and corrected it.

So the HR submitted an appeal (with supporting docs) on the same day via mail as instructed by MOM. Until now no response from them. Do you know how long does it usually take? I'm now suffering from the agony of waiting, though I haven't left my current job yet.

Thanks!
What was the inconsistent information that you provided? Also it would take sometime between 3-6 weeks for the result of the appeal to be known

halevan

Re: EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Post by halevan » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 2:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
halevan wrote:Hi all, I applied for my EP for a new company last month 19 Jan, 2011. But due to my negligence, I provided info that is inconsistent with their current records. :( We found the inconsistency and corrected it.

Thanks!
What was the inconsistent information that you provided? Also it would take sometime between 3-6 weeks for the result of the appeal to be known
Wow, that's a long time. Inconsistencies are 'Degree' instead of 'Diploma' and there was a difference in the date I started college. Sounds lame but I overlooked these inconsistencies when I filled up the form.

Thanks for the info!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 3:37 pm

That one may take some time, sad to say. If you have confused diploma with degree and the dates thereof, it probably raised up a great big whopping red flag (even though you had a EP already). They are probably going to vet your academic records by having teams in country go to the school(s) to verify them. This may take a little time.

:shit: But who knows, you might get it tomorrow! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

halevan

Post by halevan » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 4:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That one may take some time, sad to say. If you have confused diploma with degree and the dates thereof, it probably raised up a great big whopping red flag (even though you had a EP already). They are probably going to vet your academic records by having teams in country go to the school(s) to verify them. This may take a little time.

I really hope so. Lesson learned for me (the hard way). Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 05 May 2011 10:31 pm

halevan wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That one may take some time, sad to say. If you have confused diploma with degree and the dates thereof, it probably raised up a great big whopping red flag (even though you had a EP already). They are probably going to vet your academic records by having teams in country go to the school(s) to verify them. This may take a little time.

I really hope so. Lesson learned for me (the hard way). Thanks!
What happened to your EP Appeal? How long did it take?