Singapore Expats Forum

EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
halevan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 22 Feb 2011

EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Postby halevan » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 1:55 pm

Hi all, I applied for my EP for a new company last month 19 Jan, 2011. But due to my negligence, I provided info that is inconsistent with their current records. :( We found the inconsistency and corrected it.

So the HR submitted an appeal (with supporting docs) on the same day via mail as instructed by MOM. Until now no response from them. Do you know how long does it usually take? I'm now suffering from the agony of waiting, though I haven't left my current job yet.

Thanks!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 2:28 pm

halevan wrote:Hi all, I applied for my EP for a new company last month 19 Jan, 2011. But due to my negligence, I provided info that is inconsistent with their current records. :( We found the inconsistency and corrected it.

So the HR submitted an appeal (with supporting docs) on the same day via mail as instructed by MOM. Until now no response from them. Do you know how long does it usually take? I'm now suffering from the agony of waiting, though I haven't left my current job yet.

Thanks!


What was the inconsistent information that you provided? Also it would take sometime between 3-6 weeks for the result of the appeal to be known

halevan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 22 Feb 2011

Re: EP Appeal no update yet after one month

Postby halevan » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 2:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
halevan wrote:Hi all, I applied for my EP for a new company last month 19 Jan, 2011. But due to my negligence, I provided info that is inconsistent with their current records. :( We found the inconsistency and corrected it.

So the HR submitted an appeal (with supporting docs) on the same day via mail as instructed by MOM. Until now no response from them. Do you know how long does it usually take? I'm now suffering from the agony of waiting, though I haven't left my current job yet.

Thanks!


What was the inconsistent information that you provided? Also it would take sometime between 3-6 weeks for the result of the appeal to be known


Wow, that's a long time. Inconsistencies are 'Degree' instead of 'Diploma' and there was a difference in the date I started college. Sounds lame but I overlooked these inconsistencies when I filled up the form.

Thanks for the info!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 3:37 pm

That one may take some time, sad to say. If you have confused diploma with degree and the dates thereof, it probably raised up a great big whopping red flag (even though you had a EP already). They are probably going to vet your academic records by having teams in country go to the school(s) to verify them. This may take a little time.

:shit: But who knows, you might get it tomorrow! :wink:

halevan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 22 Feb 2011

Postby halevan » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 4:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That one may take some time, sad to say. If you have confused diploma with degree and the dates thereof, it probably raised up a great big whopping red flag (even though you had a EP already). They are probably going to vet your academic records by having teams in country go to the school(s) to verify them. This may take a little time.

:shit: But who knows, you might get it tomorrow! :wink:


I really hope so. Lesson learned for me (the hard way). Thanks!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 05 May 2011 10:31 pm

halevan wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That one may take some time, sad to say. If you have confused diploma with degree and the dates thereof, it probably raised up a great big whopping red flag (even though you had a EP already). They are probably going to vet your academic records by having teams in country go to the school(s) to verify them. This may take a little time.

:shit: But who knows, you might get it tomorrow! :wink:


I really hope so. Lesson learned for me (the hard way). Thanks!


What happened to your EP Appeal? How long did it take?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest