Singapore Expats Forum

my S Pass application is pending since feb 16 2011

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fire_angel

my S Pass application is pending since feb 16 2011

Postby fire_angel » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:01 am

hello guys, i hope you could give me some advice regarding my situation..
I was applied by this small company for an S Pass last feb 16, 2011. the owner is a Caucasian from australia and he applied for me as a supervisor and key in my details online. my salary is $1800 and my experience is 6 years and 3 months. my school is also accredited by MOM.
Until now my status is still pending, most of my friends got their results on the same day or a day after but in my case its 6 days already.

I also had a different offer from another company, but they say they cant file for my pass if I had a pending application.

I was here in Singapore already last 2006 as a undergraduate trainee for 6 months.I am from the Philippines

please help me...

james

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:14 am

Is this a wind up? :roll:

It could take up to three months. We don't care where the owner is from, where are your from? The owner is already here and obviously established.

The fact that your school is accredited by MOM doesn't mean that your documents are faked. They are checking with the relevant authorities to verify your credentials probably. This is becoming more and more commonplace especially for S pass holders.

fire_angel

Postby fire_angel » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:24 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Is this a wind up? :roll:

It could take up to three months. We don't care where the owner is from, where are your from? The owner is already here and obviously established.

The fact that your school is accredited by MOM doesn't mean that your documents are faked. They are checking with the relevant authorities to verify your credentials probably. This is becoming more and more commonplace especially for S pass holders.

"thanks a lot for the reply sir. As most of my friends got the same or next day approval or rejection i was wondering what took it so long for me to know the results. Its a week already. I also wanted to know if it is possible for another company to apply for another S Pass knowing that I still have a pending application.thank you."

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:58 am

fire_angel wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Is this a wind up? :roll:

"thanks a lot for the reply sir. As most of my friends got the same or next day approval or rejection i was wondering what took it so long for me to know the results. Its a week already. I also wanted to know if it is possible for another company to apply for another S Pass knowing that I still have a pending application.thank you."

Wait patiently for 3-4 weeks. Mostly you will get a reply within that.. In some cases as SMS said it might stretch into 3 months.

fire_angel

Postby fire_angel » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 3:32 am

so you guys are telling me i have to wait that long to know the results? I am running out of time and I dont wanna go crossing boarders its simply a waste of money, time and effort. can we just pull it out then re-apply it?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:58 am

fire_angel wrote:so you guys are telling me i have to wait that long to know the results? I am running out of time and I dont wanna go crossing boarders its simply a waste of money, time and effort. can we just pull it out then re-apply it?

Sure you can. But there is no guarantee the new employer will be able to pull his end of the bargain. The new company might not have quota or might have black mark with MOM. You will also let them know you are not dependable at all, jumping ship at the first sign of problem. Who knows, maybe you will get rejected outright with the new company. ........

If this job isn't worth taking, why did you sign on the dotted line?

fire_angel

Postby fire_angel » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
fire_angel wrote:so you guys are telling me i have to wait that long to know the results? I am running out of time and I dont wanna go crossing boarders its simply a waste of money, time and effort. can we just pull it out then re-apply it?

Sure you can. But there is no guarantee the new employer will be able to pull his end of the bargain. The new company might not have quota or might have black mark with MOM. You will also let them know you are not dependable at all, jumping ship at the first sign of problem. Who knows, maybe you will get rejected outright with the new company. ........

Sir, thanks a lot for the Help...you just dont know how this things mean a lot to me. your a guiding angel...one more thing...my friend told me to go and visit MOM because maybe they need to see some documents and papers and let me take an assessment exam. is that possible or would you think its the best thing to do? to go there and inquire?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 1:11 pm

Basically, all you can do is wait. If they want you to take an assessment exam they will ask you to. Volunteering may just make them even more suspicious about your docs......

With half of my 200 staff being foreigners, I believe I do know what it means to you. (Oh, I'm a foreigner as well but a long time PR). Been there and done that.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 1:18 pm

fire_angel wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Sir, thanks a lot for the Help...you just dont know how this things mean a lot to me. your a guiding angel...one more thing...my friend told me to go and visit MOM because maybe they need to see some documents and papers and let me take an assessment exam. is that possible or would you think its the best thing to do? to go there and inquire?

Even if you go and ask MOM if they want any documents, the reply would be "They will contact your employer for further clarifications and documents (if needed)". They usually deal with the employer who has applied for the Pass and not the Employee(Applicant) directly.