Singapore Expats

How do you look at china and future of china

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Plavt
Director
Director

Re: How much LOWER?

Post by Plavt » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 9:54 pm

tyianchang wrote:
You're talking a lot of garbage
Well, I'd kept changing my mind about your tenacity but you have none whatsoever as I can now see.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:05 pm

Plavt wrote:
tyianchang wrote:
Well, I'd kept changing my mind about your tenacity but you have none whatsoever as I can now see.
Filial Piety is winning with 195 replies, do you think it will be beaten :roll: Yawn!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:08 am

JR8 wrote: I'd be careful of what any of you Chinese nationals say to this writer. It would not surprise me if when asking for personal information she is compiling files on you.

Image [-X

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:32 am

ksl wrote:
Plavt wrote:
tyianchang wrote:
Filial Piety is winning with 195 replies, do you think it will be beaten :roll: Yawn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYlZiWK2Iy8
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 5:11 am

tyianchang wrote: You're talking a lot of garbage where I'm concerned. I certainly don't have any files on anyone - how could you even say that? What a waste of time!! So you do have a paranoia.

Delighted to hear from you! :) How is work as a Chinese agent these days, busy hmm?
Moooo!

paulzheng
Regular
Regular

Post by paulzheng » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:05 am

Eau2011 wrote:
tyianchang wrote:
JR8 wrote:Never mind the direct 'tangles' my family had with the Nazis, where I live you can barely walk down a street without a daily reminder of genocide.

The associated short article is well written and worth a read for anyone with an interest in history...
http://berlinmemory.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ks-to.html
Believe me, I cried like I did when my fav aunt died when I first watched Holocaust in the 80s. Previous to that, I knew nothing about the nazis or racism, apart from the Japanese brutality in Malaysia. But as I read on, it's said that Hitler was Jewish himself and was bron out of incestous first cousin wedlock which made him mad? That true?
I bet you will cry like hell when you hear more stories about the CCP did to Chinese people.

I cried for a man whose name is Feng Zhenghu (Chinese economist and scholar), as he was refused to enter China 7 times (!) even he holds a CHinese passport. He was stuck in the Narita airport arrival hall without food store and washing facility. He slept on a chair for 92 days. Passengers bought him food. Strangers helped him, a Narita Blockade was built by people from all over the world after they got to know this, they supplied him food (have you heard Berlin Blockade?). He has a PR for Japan (studied in Japan years ago), this time he came to Japan to visit his son, then he could not go back home anymore, 7 times he tried to go back to China, even after he arrived in Shanghai by plane, they did not let him enter!!! The ANA (JAL?) was told not to sell him flight ticket! One time he was forced by policemen to get off the plan, of cause with violence! After 7 times try, he refused to enter Japan and he stayed in the Narita airport arrival hall because that's his RIGHT to go back home!!

That's the real version of "Terminal" by Tom Hanks.

I happend to know his story via twitter, then asked my Japanese colleague to bring him some dry food as he had a business trip in Germany. I wrote a card to him to encourage him and wish he could be back home soon.

UN declaration of human rights
Article 13. (2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

But as a Chinese you don't even know if you have it.

BTW, his name was and is still censored in Chinese media, so most of Chinese did not know him and this incident. I told my friend in Shanghai. She said it's really a shame!

He's back home now after 92 days stuck at Narita airport, but still constantly under house arrest, a few months after he arrived in Shanghai his 90 years old mother died. Luckily his mother could spend her last days with him. If you are interested in, you can read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Zhenghu
"I happend to know his story via twitter, then asked my Japanese colleague to bring him some dry food as he had a business trip in Germany. I wrote a card to him to encourage him and wish he could be back home soon."

Once i read the "Tian An Men Mother", Ding Ziling article, i was touched to tears!

She write, at beginning, a lot of her friends, relatives come to console her, say, one day, the government will give her son a saying. But when pressure become larger and larger, no people will come to her, everyone just try to keep a distance from her to avoid the troublesome.

Then, one day, when she come back to her home, which she have a long period did not stay in since she is trying to get some reply from government outside,

she found a some flowers in front of his house door which was send by unknown people!

she is so deeply touched and so was I! although those people who send flowers don't want to publicate their name to void to be troublesome by the government, but i still feel greatly touched. That show in the deep of every ordinally people heart, they still can judge what is right and what is wrong, and they still pursue for the Justice, Beautiful Life.

I believe one day the "Tian An Men Mothers" will got a reasonable saying from the country!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 1:36 pm

I believe one day the "Tian An Men Mothers" will got a (reasonable) saying from the country!
I doubt it!

Expat_guy

Post by Expat_guy » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 3:59 pm

paulzheng wrote:
Expat_guy wrote:In my opinion, it depends on how they do the transition from one party autocratic rule to multiparty democracy. They did a wonderful job transitioning from communism to capitalistic economy and once the people have got money, enough food, stable jobs they will start asking for more. If the communist party of china and the army understands this and facilitate a smooth transition then we can see a China dominating the world otherwise, they may have a bloody revolution or a civil war which will take them back by few decades.
then, you think how big will be the probablity of peaceful transition from one party autocratic rule to multiparty democracy?
I dont know to what extent the CCP goes to protect its vested interests. Look at Libya, Gaddafi is behaving as if he wants to distroy the country if his regime is threatend, this is how all dictators behave. From what I have seen on TV, top leaders of CCP looks like gentlemen.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 4:34 pm

Expat_guy wrote: I dont know to what extent the CCP goes to protect its vested interests. Look at Libya, Gaddafi is behaving as if he wants to distroy the country if his regime is threatend, this is how all dictators behave. From what I have seen on TV, top leaders of CCP looks like gentlemen.
Hmmm yes. It is also what Gordon Brown (former PM of the UK) did in the months preceding being forced from office in May 2010. He entered into vast long term public spending commitments, knowing the follow on government would look terrible either having to cut them, or equally terrible making cuts elsewhere to have to fund them. Financial scorched earth.

When governments hand over reins, ministers as etiquette leave an 'off the record' personal briefing paper for the person taking over their role. Liam Byrne Chief Secretary to the Treasury last year famously left the following:

'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left.'

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 4:46 pm

ksl wrote:
I believe one day the "Tian An Men Mothers" will got a (reasonable) saying from the country!
I doubt it!
Then you doubt that justice does not exist in the world. :wink:

One day....

When? I just don't know they still can get it in their lives. :roll:

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Re: How do you look at china and future of china

Post by Eau2011 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 5:01 pm

tyianchang wrote: Nah, your imperatives don't go down well with me. You do have an ulterior motive, that's why it's not an open discussion. I'll leave you to smear and garner the support of those who trust your motives.
Hmmm.... this reminds me what I read about the culture revolution...

"Red guards: what's your motive?! anti-CCP? anti-Chinese people?! Are you planning a putsch?" :lol:

Admit it, you are a mainlander CCP observer, your party got nervous because what happend in Egypt and co. Read Chinese Newspaper, it's written that all is secretly planned and supported by USA, you just know how to brainwash the Chinese people, huh? Oh, do you get anything new to say? You think you are still in Cold War?

I know you observers are everywhere, even in Europe and America.

So what? do you think I will shut up and are afraid to tell my opinion? If I do that, that will not be me. Just like my uncles, my family got characters, :lol: this is in our blood, sorry, can't change it. :mrgreen:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 6:34 pm

Eau2011 wrote:
ksl wrote:
I doubt it!
Then you doubt that justice does not exist in the world. :wink:

One day....

When? I just don't know they still can get it in their lives. :roll:
No people that believe in their cause will admit to wrong doing. It is naieve to think a government will say sorry, when it is the government ruling party. They may say errors were made at the time, but i don't believe any apology would be made.

Those in charge in China will if possible phase in democracy and go down in history, probably maintaining the communist label though it takes time especially with North Korea on its doorstep. They are very clever in China and play the game just as well as any other government, USA & UK also need China in its peace talks with nutters.

Remember revenge is sweet but it has a price to pay for those that seek revenge. Justice, what is justice? I'm :???: I'm British and I have never seen justice each time i have been to court.. But they do set examples! :wink:

I have many nights thinking of revenge as its sweet but with consequences, if carried out. There are many rebels in the world that don't approve of their governments. Trust me, life is too short and very little if anything will change.

paulzheng
Regular
Regular

Post by paulzheng » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 9:52 am

Eau2011 wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Eau2011 wrote: Yeah, I know that Sunflower seeds, impressive! Was in D before.
Oh really, I did not know that...

Here is an article on the London exhibition together with photos...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-art.html

Installations in that space are on a ... vast scale. It is hard not to be wowed.

Oh, and I read just last week that Weiwei had sold (from memory) 100,000 of the seeds for £349k. Which given he made 100m of them, means he is a very wealthy man indeed! :)
Yes just how amazing!

He was already wealthy man before sunflower seeds, he always used his money earned from his art works to support his projects, e.g. founded a team to investigate how many people died in the earthquake because the statistics of CCP was not reliable (lie again), why so many people died, reasons: buildings (school buildings, residential buildings etc.) were not built under the strict quality control, right material was not used etc because of corruption....

That's why I respect him much.
"That's why I respect him much"

I strongly support your option!

By the way, did you follow him in the twitter, i follow him.

I found one of difference of Aiweiwei compare with other celebrity is: He follow a lot of ordinal people, there are 66881 people follow him, at the same time, he also follow 7516 people. While most celebrity only follow very limit people.

the first time when Ai weiwei replied to me in the twitter, i felt excited and i told him my wife suggest to copy the screen for memory, then he replied, if doing so, then in future you need to copy too many screen. He means, he will aften reply the peoples.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:04 pm

66881 people follow him, at the same time, he also follow 7516 people.
This is called network building, celebrities have more or less a following already, so they have no need to build networks, though their marketing people do expand their fan base on twitter. Many celebrities would be too busy or too full of themselves to even consider twitter.

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:55 pm

ksl wrote:
66881 people follow him, at the same time, he also follow 7516 people.
This is called network building, celebrities have more or less a following already, so they have no need to build networks, though their marketing people do expand their fan base on twitter. Many celebrities would be too busy or too full of themselves to even consider twitter.
Paul, I guess he has a team who helps him with connecting people.

Do you think Obama did the job himself on internet during the election? :mrgreen: