Singapore Expats Forum

How do you look at china and future of china

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 9:45 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:You come to a discussion forum, but then anyone you disagree with is branded a bully.

C'mon, I manage to offend her once agreeing with her.


QFT! :lol:

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed, 09 Feb 2011

Re: How do you look at china and future of china

Postby Eau2011 » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 9:48 pm

:???:
Last edited by Eau2011 on Tue, 22 Feb 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 9:49 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:You come to a discussion forum, but then anyone you disagree with is branded a bully.

C'mon, I manage to offend her once agreeing with her.


Image

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: How do you look at china and future of china

Postby JR8 » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 9:56 pm

Eau2011 wrote::???:


Means he agrees (strongly)

[Quite F...... True]

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed, 09 Feb 2011

Re: How do you look at china and future of china

Postby Eau2011 » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 9:59 pm

tyianchang wrote: [quote="Eau2011]
Those mothers who lost their children, they had to hold secret momerial ceremonies for their children every year, every June 4th they are under house arrest because CCP is so afraid that they'll go to Tiananmen to protest.

If you have children, what will yo feel????[/quote]

That's a good question. Obviously, I can't stop my children from what they want to do. I'd hope nothing violent would happen but if they're at the stage for a struggle of power with the authorities, then they've taken everything in their own stride. I might be for or against but I would'nt blame anyone for the death of my children who took up the challenge to fight for changes.
As a reference point for the Tainanmen protest, the government wanted a discussion but the student leaders refused to budge. I wouldn't follow leaders of any kind if I wanted things changed because I need to chnge myself first.
I'm not saying who's right or wrong. My own philosophy is to follow the middle way . I think , as ksl pointed out too, that most Chinese are still quite innocent and naive about politics which is a very dirty game. To me, if it's bad enough to have a hateful oneparty govt, it'll be utterly a WOT to have multiple parties; they will all put up the cost of administrating the country so that eveyone gets higer taxation. lol

[/quote]


OMG! Have you ever seen a 12 years old thug?????????? Just want to wake you up!!!there are some teenagers and women and old people, like you and me who were standing on the streets watching tanks coming!!!! they were shot or crushed to death!!
Last edited by Eau2011 on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: How do you look at china and future of china

Postby nakatago » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:13 pm

JR8 wrote:
Eau2011 wrote::???:


Means he agrees (strongly)

[Quite F...... True]


"Quoted For Truth" unless, of course you were talking about "Quantum Field Theory"

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed, 09 Feb 2011

Postby Eau2011 » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:26 pm

tyianchang wrote:
JR8 wrote:Never mind the direct 'tangles' my family had with the Nazis, where I live you can barely walk down a street without a daily reminder of genocide.

Image

The associated short article is well written and worth a read for anyone with an interest in history...
http://berlinmemory.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ks-to.html


Believe me, I cried like I did when my fav aunt died when I first watched Holocaust in the 80s. Previous to that, I knew nothing about the nazis or racism, apart from the Japanese brutality in Malaysia. But as I read on, it's said that Hitler was Jewish himself and was bron out of incestous first cousin wedlock which made him mad? That true?


I bet you will cry like hell when you hear more stories about the CCP did to Chinese people.

I cried for a man whose name is Feng Zhenghu (Chinese economist and scholar), as he was refused to enter China 7 times (!) even he holds a CHinese passport. He was stuck in the Narita airport arrival hall without food store and washing facility. He slept on a chair for 92 days. Passengers bought him food. Strangers helped him, a Narita Blockade was built by people from all over the world after they got to know this, they supplied him food (have you heard Berlin Blockade?). He has a PR for Japan (studied in Japan years ago), this time he came to Japan to visit his son, then he could not go back home anymore, 7 times he tried to go back to China, even after he arrived in Shanghai by plane, they did not let him enter!!! The ANA (JAL?) was told not to sell him flight ticket! One time he was forced by policemen to get off the plan, of cause with violence! After 7 times try, he refused to enter Japan and he stayed in the Narita airport arrival hall because that's his RIGHT to go back home!!

That's the real version of "Terminal" by Tom Hanks.

I happend to know his story via twitter, then asked my Japanese colleague to bring him some dry food as he had a business trip in Germany. I wrote a card to him to encourage him and wish he could be back home soon.

UN declaration of human rights
Article 13. (2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

But as a Chinese you don't even know if you have it.

BTW, his name was and is still censored in Chinese media, so most of Chinese did not know him and this incident. I told my friend in Shanghai. She said it's really a shame!

He's back home now after 92 days stuck at Narita airport, but still constantly under house arrest, a few months after he arrived in Shanghai his 90 years old mother died. Luckily his mother could spend her last days with him. If you are interested in, you can read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Zhenghu
Last edited by Eau2011 on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 1:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed, 09 Feb 2011

Postby Eau2011 » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:36 pm

tyianchang wrote:
JR8 wrote:Never mind the direct 'tangles' my family had with the Nazis, where I live you can barely walk down a street without a daily reminder of genocide.

Image

The associated short article is well written and worth a read for anyone with an interest in history...
http://berlinmemory.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ks-to.html


Believe me, I cried like I did when my fav aunt died when I first watched Holocaust in the 80s. Previous to that, I knew nothing about the nazis or racism, apart from the Japanese brutality in Malaysia. But as I read on, it's said that Hitler was Jewish himself and was bron out of incestous first cousin wedlock which made him mad? That true?


That's exactly your problem, you know nothing about the CCP.

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Location: uk

Postby tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 1:08 am

Eau2011 wrote:
tyianchang wrote:
JR8 wrote:Never mind the direct 'tangles' my family had with the Nazis, where I live you can barely walk down a street without a daily reminder of genocide.

Image

The associated short article is well written and worth a read for anyone with an interest in history...
http://berlinmemory.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ks-to.html


Believe me, I cried like I did when my fav aunt died when I first watched Holocaust in the 80s. Previous to that, I knew nothing about the nazis or racism, apart from the Japanese brutality in Malaysia. But as I read on, it's said that Hitler was Jewish himself and was bron out of incestous first cousin wedlock which made him mad? That true?


That's exactly your problem, you know nothing about the CCP.


Not my problem, I assure you but more those who try to indoctrinate me !
I don't assume you know everything either though you might have known a lot more than me. I don't think you speak like a proper Chinese anyway, and I'm not fooled by cyber camouflages. I've met many mainland Chinese people to know the different types. You shold respect that I'm entitled to my beliefs.

Still, I'm not easily persuaded. The example you gave - I don't know the implications so no comment but he was eventually allowed in. The fact that he was under house arrest might suggest there's suspicion somewhere and people like you who have the contacts should support him if he's innocent. But I'm inclined to think you're German rather than Chinese.

My Indonesian Chinese girlfriend was in China throughout the cultural revolution. In the 90s, she was so absurd as to lend her passport to her British journalist friend to enable him to visit the forbidden sensitive areas of Mongolia.He didn't see much and she got off scott free.

There was a Cantonese British Chinese, ambitious and self-centred who was dying to be in the limelight. She actively supported the students movement, married a Pakistani and went to China. There she suffered discrimination at being turned out of the huge hotels meant for foreigners. She was dead furious and cursed the CCP. Ha, she probably went there with a superior attitude and got her come uppance. But I knew what she's talking about - the CCP has some strange rules which should be reexamined and changed. The bottom line is, they don't trust foreigners unless they're people who'd done the long march with them. Who can blame them after their long time suffering?

I'm not glorifying China in any way - it needs to modernise and some Chinese can be as stubborn and arrogant like the ones who spit on the roads.There's not enough water in Beijing - but hey, they're redirecting the water flow upwards - a massive task for the country. That's the point, they're working to improve the living conditions and facilities for the lao bai xing but as ksl said, a bilion + people have endless needs and China needs many lifetimes to become the shangrila already existing in her Himalayan foothills. There's also the island where every household plays the piano, and other unique places where life goes on as always - away from the avarice and strife of politics and karma.

I wish you well.
tyianchang

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed, 09 Feb 2011

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 1:30 am

JR8 wrote: Not at all. I feel quite entitled to paint an avowed supporter of Mao or Stalin or Hitler as a lunatic.

You forgive Mao's 50m+ death-toll on the basis that he planted some forests? Who precisely do you expect to take you seriously?

You rally to the CCP and Maoist cause, despite not being Chinese (national) and never having lived there. But you have read about it in a Belgravia library we are reassured! Who do you expect to take you seriously?

There seems to be a great deal that you do not know about. But at your age, not knowing about Hitler until the 1980's is extraordinary isn't it? Who do you expect to take you seriously?

You come to a discussion forum, but then anyone you disagree with is branded a bully. Why are you here and who do you expect to take you seriously?

And yet when anyone points any of this out, you accuse them of 'hating', 'racism', being 'spies' etc. Look in the mirror will you, and try and see yourself as others do! :x


=D> =D> =D>

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed, 09 Feb 2011

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 2:16 am

tyianchang wrote: Not my problem, I assure you but more those who try to indoctrinate me !
I don't assume you know everything either though you might have known a lot more than me. I don't think you speak like a proper Chinese anyway, and I'm not fooled by cyber camouflages. I've met many mainland Chinese people to know the different types. You shold respect that I'm entitled to my beliefs.

Still, I'm not easily persuaded. The example you gave - I don't know the implications so no comment but he was eventually allowed in. The fact that he was under house arrest might suggest there's suspicion somewhere and people like you who have the contacts should support him if he's innocent. But I'm inclined to think you're German rather than Chinese.

If you only belive in yourself, nobody can help you.
I have my parents, my relatives and my friends in China. Even in those 9 years where I lived in Germany, I went to China 3 to 5 times per year. My next trip would be in one month. I talk to my parents or friends in Shanghai on phone every week and read Chinese articles everyday, I read and write not only simplified Chinese, but also traditional Chinese. I read Chinese books not only from mainland China, but also from Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore. You think I'm a German? lol

I have got to know the story of Mr. Feng via Twitter, I felt so sorry for him, he's almost my mum's age. I helped him like many others and wished that he could be back home very soon. My Japanese colleague was also happy to bring food and some vitamines for him after knowing his story. My German colleagues all sigend on the card. You were born and grew up in a democratic country. You enjoy your rights. Are Chinese people not humans, don't they deserve their rights?




Just because I'm a native-born Chinese, I hope the best for Chinese people, those are my family, my friends, my relatives. Personally, except the destiny of our family in the culture revolution, My family and I myself had/have normal life in China, quite like yours and others, my friends too, but does it mean that we can shut our eyes, not seeing those ugly truth and reality and sing for the party all the time? We have our eyes, brains and mouths (JR, do I ever learn? :wink: ), not there only for decoration purpose.
Last edited by Eau2011 on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 4:05 am

+1


p.s. Though Nakatago would probably remind you that it's futile trying to get anything you say to stick.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 7:06 am

Maybe Anne should change her nick to TeflonAnne in memory of Bill. Nothing sticks.. :P

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 7:11 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe Anne should change her nick to TeflonAnne in memory of Bill. Nothing sticks.. :P


Apart from the load he whacked off on his intern's dainty blue dress.

p.s. For various obscure reasons I went to a book signing by Lewinsky. You just kinda stared at her lips. It was weird.

User avatar
ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1664
Joined: Wed, 29 Nov 2006
Location: A More Lucky Spot

Postby ScoobyDoes » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 9:28 am

Eau2011 wrote:I cried for a man whose name is Feng Zhenghu (Chinese economist and scholar), as he was refused to enter China 7 times (!) even he holds a CHinese passport. He was stuck in the Narita airport arrival hall without food store and washing facility. He slept on a chair for 92 days. Passengers bought him food. Strangers helped him, a Narita Blockade was built by people from all over the world after they got to know this, they supplied him food (have you heard Berlin Blockade?). He has a PR for Japan (studied in Japan years ago), this time he came to Japan to visit his son, then he could not go back home anymore, 7 times he tried to go back to China, even after he arrived in Shanghai by plane, they did not let him enter!!! The ANA (JAL?) was told not to sell him flight ticket! One time he was forced by policemen to get off the plan, of cause with violence! After 7 times try, he refused to enter Japan and he stayed in the Narita airport arrival hall because that's his RIGHT to go back home!!

That's the real version of "Terminal" by Tom Hanks.



The Terminal was released in 2004.

There is no way your Chinese friend was the inspiration for the film, where it is accredited to be loosly based on the real life experience of one Mehran Karimi Nasseri in Paris, not the US.

It is more likely that the film was his inspiration and from it knew people would be willing to help and that his story would be publicised.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests