Singapore Expats

How do you look at china and future of china

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 5:05 pm

JR8 wrote:
Eau2011 wrote:
JR8 wrote: Al Weiwei is also well known in the UK. He recently had an art installation called 'Sunflower seeds' in the turbine hall of the Tate Modern Gallery. That vast room is the most prestigious space for contemporary art in the country.
Yeah, I know that Sunflower seeds, impressive! Was in D before.
Oh really, I did not know that...

Here is an article on the London exhibition together with photos...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-art.html

Installations in that space are on a ... vast scale. It is hard not to be wowed.

Oh, and I read just last week that Weiwei had sold (from memory) 100,000 of the seeds for £349k. Which given he made 100m of them, means he is a very wealthy man indeed! :)
Yes just how amazing!

He was already wealthy man before sunflower seeds, he always used his money earned from his art works to support his projects, e.g. founded a team to investigate how many people died in the earthquake because the statistics of CCP was not reliable (lie again), why so many people died, reasons: buildings (school buildings, residential buildings etc.) were not built under the strict quality control, right material was not used etc because of corruption....

That's why I respect him much.

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 5:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe Anne should change her nick to TeflonAnne in memory of Bill. Nothing sticks.. :P
Especially not a conspiracy. What's this, Annegate?
tyianchang

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 5:44 pm

tyianchang wrote:[ admire China as a country that plans ahead and takes stock of what's going on. No one, not even me, would want the one child policy. But the alternative is a vicious cycle of poverty, unwanted children and starvation. .
Ok I don't have time to answer everything right now as it's nearly beer o'clock, but I had to pick this little gem out.

The one child policy with it's rigid, and often barbaric, implementation has caused precisely this, millions and millions of unwanted baby girls. Google "dying rooms" and you will know what I mean. This is a direct consequence of the Chinese government "planning ahead" and will have major repercussions for China in the future, the main one of concern being a rise in crime as millions of men are unable to find a wife and show their discontent.

So maybe the CCP don't quite have a handle on everything after all huh?

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Re: How do you look at china and future of china

Post by tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:04 pm

[quote="paulzheng, "I know a few students were really opportunists. But in any situation any government NEVER NEVER can use armed forces against their people!! For me, there was no excuse for their crime."

good statement, i am strongly support that ![/quote]

I agree . I was more appalled after seeing the opportunists being interviewed when they had nothing significant to say, not even any overviews. Can't see them taking a country with a few billions forward.
I rang up the Chinese embassy to relay a message to Beijing that we were disgusted with the shootings with an imperious but pathetic "Stop shooting the people now!"
Indeed, I think they could have handled the situation better. Sad sad sad . Like in any good drama, the subtext for me, is the CCP was nervous with the world's attention on them; and the leader Dan... called them some rude words and refused to talk. They demanded immediate ... what was it? The whole Tiananmen thing was more like a hippy festival, except that they had support from many Beijingers.
One thing we can't deny was, we saw the first attacks made on burning buses with soldiers in them and then fire grenades on tanks. That was an armed struggle - Who else was involved?
Do you want to see China in the throes of protests like those taking place in Libya or Bahrain?
I wouldn't.
For me, there are real problems with corruption, censorship etc; but Id also seen young Chinese knowing how to beat that and have a good life. And of peasant fighting back and demanding a court hearing etc. There are statutory channels for the presentation of grievances but hpw effective that is, needs to be studied - and that's the same for grievances everywhere.
You can't deny there's improvement in most people's standard of living. Have you seen of China as the Sick man of Asia in the late 18th - early 20th centuries? I can imagine only dragon energy can get it to its present status today.
What is your vision mission of a way forward for China???
tyianchang

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:20 pm

a cartoon dedicating to the year of rabbit. It's forbidden in China.

"Little rabbits, be good", not suitable for viewers under 18 years old (violence).

Rabbits=citizens,
Tigers=CCP cadres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wr0BkayM_o

The incidents shown in Video are all real happenings:
-Milk-powder scandal
-a fire during a meeting in a school, cadres asked children to wait and they get evacuated first, the poster hang there is "to build a harmonic forest" indicating the propaganda of CCP "build a harmonic society"
- pulling down people's houses without their permit or even if they cannot reach an agreement about the selling/buying prices. Because local cadres want to make big profit from land (selling to property developrs etc.), or projects like three Gorges Dam. FYI, selling lands made a big part of GDP in China. Violating property law (Sachenrecht), this happened all over China
- woman holds a canister of gasoline to protect her house, that did not hold the steps of those forceful removal teams, between being homeless and death, she chose the latter, she burned herself
- traffic accident happend, a girl died, another injured, son of some cadre said shamlessly: my dad is xxx. (he thought he will not be sued)
- again forceful removal, an old man was crashed to death because he was the last one who did not agree with the cadres on the compensated price
- at the end, uprising

The last word in the cartoon, where there is oppression, there is resistance (in Chinese, a good rabbit even can bite!)
Last edited by Eau2011 on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:27 pm

tyianchang wrote: Do you want to see China in the throes of protests like those taking place in Libya or Bahrain?
I wouldn't.[/color]
Surprisingly pro- Communist Party of China for someone who isn't even Chinese*. 'Let them live in tyranny, whilst I eat cake over in Jolly England'.

How much do the Chinese pay you to write this stuff? Presumably you are paid by the word lol.

* Though working as a teacher who supported Greenham Common you're going to be a commie anyway aren't you? p.s. you stated Greenham Common was about nuclear power, it wasn't, it was about nuclear weapons. Doh!

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:28 pm

JayCee wrote:
tyianchang wrote:[ admire China as a country that plans ahead and takes stock of what's going on. No one, not even me, would want the one child policy. But the alternative is a vicious cycle of poverty, unwanted children and starvation. .
Ok I don't have time to answer everything right now as it's nearly beer o'clock, but I had to pick this little gem out.

The one child policy with it's rigid, and often barbaric, implementation has caused precisely this, millions and millions of unwanted baby girls. Google "dying rooms" and you will know what I mean. This is a direct consequence of the Chinese government "planning ahead" and will have major repercussions for China in the future, the main one of concern being a rise in crime as millions of men are unable to find a wife and show their discontent.

Why do you think Mao had the cultural revolution? The feudal culture of Chin would never change otherwise. The plan was there but the people messed it up by their feudalistic preference for boys. Where Google's concerned , I sift through carefully and there are other sources too. The Dying Rooms is a Channnel Four shocker and we had had comments given after that. Thanks for your concern ; but say why do I get this feeling of nathan 21 in you?

So maybe the CCP don't quite have a handle on everything after all huh?
Can you on your own life or family's even? We're talking about billlions here; you do have a sense of proportion, don't you???
Have a nice drink.
tyianchang

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:41 pm

tyianchang wrote: You can't deny there's improvement in most people's standard of living. Have you seen of China as the Sick man of Asia in the late 18th - early 20th centuries? I can imagine only dragon energy can get it to its present status today.
What is your vision mission of a way forward for China???[/color]
I think nobody in this forum denied what China did in economy, if you read all posts carefully!

But is it not every government's task (obligation!!!) in every country that every citizen has enough to eat and a better life? You think that CCP did a favour to Chinese people or what? I'm really speechless...

If they insist to hold the power in their hands, and could not even put the economy on the right track, I guess there would have been already enough uprisings und situation would be out of control completely.

What is my vision mission of a way forward for China?

I think I have written thousands of times, you just did not see. There is a good saying: wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil. literally translated: who can read, does have advantage (or read first, then ask)
Last edited by Eau2011 on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:49 pm

Eau2011 wrote:a cartoon dedicating to the year of rabbit. It's forbidden in China.

"Little rabbits, be good", not suitable for viewers under 18 years old (violence).

Rabbits=citizens,
Tigers=CCP cadres

-Milk-powder scandal
-a fire during a meeting in a school, cadres asked children to wait and they get evacuated first, the poster hang there is "to build a harmonic forest" indicating the propaganda of CCP "build a harmonic society"
- pulling down people's houses without their permit or even if they cannot reach an agreement about the selling/buying prices. Because local cadres want to make big profit from land (selling to property developrs etc.), or projects like three Gorges Dam. FYI, selling lands made a big part of GDP in China. Violating property law (Sachenrecht), this happened all over China
- woman holds a canister of gasoline to protect her house, that did not hold the steps of those forceful removal teams, between being homeless and death, she chose the latter, she burned herself
- traffic accident happend, a girl died, another injured, son of some cadre said shamlessly: my dad is xxx. (he thought he will not be sued)
- again forceful removal, an old man was crashed to death because he was the last one who did not agree with the cadres on the compesated price
- at the end, uprising

The last word in the cartoon, where there is oppression, there is resistance (in Chinese, a good rabbit even can bite!)
All valid cases for protest. Did anyone in China help?
Did anyone photograph, complain, petition? They need these malpractices to get to the top instead of migrating abroad.
I heard about the woman - her family was compensated but, of course you can't replace a life. They should've stopped her burning herself.
I symypathise completely but why aren't you in China helping out?
Are these extreme cases , arent' there any good cadres and people around.
I've seen Chinese women in charge of multibillion shipping companies and other corporations too - can't they help?
And I've seen very happy and successful people in all walks of life filmed by foreign tvs.
Are you in SG or Germany now? It seems like you've got a cause to square out with the CCP - what are you going to do about it?
tyianchang

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 6:55 pm

Eau2011 wrote:
tyianchang wrote: You can't deny there's improvement in most people's standard of living. Have you seen of China as the Sick man of Asia in the late 18th - early 20th centuries? I can imagine only dragon energy can get it to its present status today.
What is your vision mission of a way forward for China???[/color]
I think nobody in this forum denied what China did in economy, if you read all posts carefully!

But is it not every government's task (obligation!!!) in every country that every citizen has enough to eat and a better life? You think that CCP did a favour to Chinese people or what? I'm really speechless...

If they insist to hold the power in their hands, and could not even put the economy on the right track, I guess there would have been already enough uprisings und situation would be out of control completely.

What is my vision mission of a way forward for China?

I think I have written thousands of times, you just did not see. There is a good saying: wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil. literally translated: who can read, does have advantage (or read first, then ask)
Nah, your imperatives don't go down well with me. You do have an ulterior motive, that's why it's not an open discussion. I'll leave you to smear and garner the support of those who trust your motives.
tyianchang

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 7:01 pm

Eau2011 wrote:a cartoon dedicating to the year of rabbit. It's forbidden in China.

Rabbits=citizens,
Tigers=CCP cadres

-Milk-powder scandal
- again forceful removal, an old man was crashed to death because he was the last one who did not agree with the cadres on the compensated price
- at the end, uprising

Powerful stuff! Thanks for sharing.

It reminds me of the people's anger that was expressed in the UK via punk rock back in the 70's. I miss that spirit of popular rebellion.
Last edited by JR8 on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 7:11 pm

tyianchang wrote: Are you in SG or Germany now? It seems like you've got a cause to square out with the CCP - what are you going to do about it?
I'd be careful of what any of you Chinese nationals say to this writer. It would not surprise me if when asking for personal information she is compiling files on you.

p.s. I'd also ensure as little as possible personally identifiable status info went out... the western expats here are watched by SG, no doubt the Chinese ones are watched by both SG and China...

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 7:29 pm

tyianchang wrote:
All valid cases for protest. Did anyone in China help?
Did anyone photograph, complain, petition? They need these malpractices to get to the top instead of migrating abroad.
I heard about the woman - her family was compensated but, of course you can't replace a life. They should've stopped her burning herself.
I symypathise completely but why aren't you in China helping out?
Yes I do, by paying attention to those iccidents, by donating to earthquake, by helping children so much I can.

Are these extreme cases , arent' there any good cadres and people around.
I've seen Chinese women in charge of multibillion shipping companies and other corporations too - can't they help?
And I've seen very happy and successful people in all walks of life filmed by foreign tvs.
Are you in SG or Germany now? It seems like you've got a cause to square out with the CCP - what are you going to do about it?

Again, if you can't read, I also can't help. If you were not here talking so many things which are absolutely untrue, I would shut up and not even bother to mention CCP. I'm acutally not interested in politics, I would never be any politician. But certainly I know what I agree and what I don't and I CAN'T stand the ignorance and lies in your posts. THAT'S THE REASON. Normal people like me, have a good life, according to you, just need to enjoy it and sing for the party? BTW, it's not CCP's contribution that I have a good life today. I made it myself.

Does all this have anything to do with SG or Germany? I'm not even interested in where you are.

I'm not going to discuss with you anymore, USELESS. Please live in your own dreams! If you just want to see what you like to see, then please.
Last edited by Eau2011 on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Eau2011 » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 8:33 pm

tyianchang wrote: Nah, your imperatives don't go down well with me. You do have an ulterior motive, that's why it's not an open discussion. I'll leave you to smear and garner the support of those who trust your motives.
:lol: :lol:
Motive???? If someone does not agree with you, does not agree with CCP, then he/she must have an ulterior motive?? or you branded him/her anything (bully, aggressive New Yorker etc.). I guess YOU have an ulterior background.

You are scared so much, for what? I'm just a little housewife who enjoys my life in SG. If you are really a secrect policewoman or from Chinese national security or whatsoever, then you really waste your time on me...
:P

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter

How much LOWER?

Post by tyianchang » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 9:41 pm

JR8 wrote:
tyianchang wrote: Are you in SG or Germany now? It seems like you've got a cause to square out with the CCP - what are you going to do about it?
I'd be careful of what any of you Chinese nationals say to this writer. It would not surprise me if when asking for personal information she is compiling files on you.

p.s. I'd also ensure as little as possible personally identifiable status info went out... the western expats here are watched by SG, no doubt the Chinese ones are watched by both SG and China...
You're talking a lot of garbage where I'm concerned. I certainly don't have any files on anyone - how could you even say that? What a waste of time!! So you do have a paranoia.
Well, I'd kept changing my mind about your tenacity but you have none whatsoever as I can now see.
tyianchang