Singapore Expats

Cricket world cup screening anyone?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Nordic star

Cricket world cup screening anyone?

Post by Nordic star » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 8:06 pm

Hi fellas,

Anyone here knows a good place in singapore that will be showing the cricket world cup? I noticed tt most of the bars in boat quay usually screen football... I know that football is popular with alot of people but if anyone knows a great watering hole to watch the ICC world cup pls let me know. Thanks in advance.
by anishjenit » Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:35 pm
The Cavern, Dunlop Street, Jalan Besar
Go to full post
Life is never ordinary...

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 9:47 pm

Good question, I need to check Singapore Pools to see if they'll be taking any bets.

What channel will it be on anyway? I'd be interested in watching some of the games so we might catch up for a beer once we find a good place that will be screening the event.

technobatta

Post by technobatta » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:24 am

ESPN has the rights. HOwever, having ESPN on ur cable subscription wont be enough. For the last WC, Starhub sold a special package priced at $50 or something......

I usually go for online streaming. U can find dozens of them if u search at the time of a match

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 1:13 pm

Starhub doesn't have ESPN so I assume no Cricket World Cup for subscribers...

technobatta

Post by technobatta » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 4:18 pm

lol seems like we cant watch it on tv.

Anyway like i said having espn doesnt matter. last time starhub sold a special package just for the wc. it was on a special 'world cup channel'. if i remember right they only started offering the package when the tournament was half way thru...i guess they wait for many ppl to call them and enquire, before making a decision.

no wc on cable means the bars wont show it (as if they wud show if they had it. haha :P)

if anyone wants to organise a gathering to watch an internet streaming then i am in....

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:01 pm

So Singtel won't show it via ESPNStar?

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 5:32 am

Singtel will be showing all the games on Star cricket.........

Watching cricket on streaming is painful, although the white ball might make it easier!!

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:41 am

Surely there will be loads of bars that will get us our picture, streamed or not. Just wait till the first meaningful game and take a walk around.

I have Starhub at home and I really can't say I'm happy not having EPL, F1, etc. But as it's a Serviced Apartment there's not much I can do about it...

Nordic star

Ive found it!!!!!

Post by Nordic star » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:05 pm

I managed to find a place. Its not a big bar but I found this while I was looking for some gd indian food in lil india and i saw this bar tt had a sign board outside saying they screen cricket matches. Didnt get a chance to step inside but Im gonna be sure to check it out on monday. Will update more after monday!! cheers guys.
Life is never ordinary...

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 12:29 am

There's an Indian food stall at CQ across from Shiraz called India Express or something like that and I saw some cricket on, same at the Bungy Bar. I'm pretty sure lots of places will be screening the event - even at CQ I'm sure there will be several places with coverage.

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Mon, 21 Feb 2011 1:40 pm

Walked through BQ earlier today and you can easily find the cricket there. Harry's will be showing it (likewise at the Robertson Quay outlet) as will the ex-ManU bar which is now called Charlie's. I'm pretty sure several others will show it too but just haven't put posters up about this.

diurach

Post by diurach » Mon, 21 Feb 2011 3:57 pm

Prince of Wales in Boat Quay is, but not the one in Little India...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:50 am

There are paid streaming sites that offer the entire world cup with good quality. Costs around 50 SGD for the whole series.

Ronio.Ron

Post by Ronio.Ron » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:32 am

can find it for free with good HD version on the Internet.
no need to pay for any of them

google it...
Cheers/Rgds,
Ron

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:21 pm

KBS wrote:Kangaroo Bar Singapore showing all Cricket World Cup games live and loud $25 beer Jugs.
email [email protected] for further details.
442 Orchard Road
#B1-11 Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade
...just outback of Muddy Murphy's Irish Pub next to Subway
I dropped in today actually as I was at Tanglin earlier.

How on Earth would anyone find the place if they weren't specifically looking for it? :o