Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application Advice pls

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nobodybutme

PR Application Advice pls

Postby nobodybutme » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 1:16 pm

Hi all,

Need your advise of my chances of getting my PR approved.

My profile :-

1. Malaysian - Chinese ( started work in SG for 1 year) holding EP P1
2. Education : MBA (UK) and PMP certified (US)
3. Working as Project Manager in Telco / IT industries with more than 15 years experience

My wife profile :-

1. Malaysian - Chinese ( started work in SG for 4 months) holding EP P2
2. Education : BA (hons) - (UK) marketing & business studies
3. Working as FOREX dealer in banking indusries

I plan to submit the PR application together as couple (we have no kids yet) by end of this month or early MAR 2011.

Need your advise ....
Last edited by nobodybutme on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: PR Application Advice pls

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 1:20 pm

nobodybutme wrote:Hi all,

Need your advise of my chances of getting my PR approved.

My profile :-

1. Malaysian - Chinese ( started work in SG for 1 year) holding EP P1
2. Education : MBA (UK) and PMP certified (US)
3. Working as Project Manager in Telco / IT industries with more than 15 years experience

My wife profile :-

1. Malaysian - Chinese ( started work in SG for 4 months) holding EP P2
2. Education : BA (hons) marketing & business studies
3. Working as FOREX dealer in banking indusries

I plan to submit the PR application together as couple (we have no kids yet) by end of this month or early MAR 2011.

Need your advise ....

Your chances as a couple is good, but it would be very good once you complete 2 years in SG. Since you are on a P1 pass you can still try. Wait for advises from MS, SMS, Saint ,KSL...

You could have reused some existing thread instead of creating a new one.

Good Luck !

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 2:14 pm

It might go. Two years better, but Malaysian Chinese and 15 years in IT/Telcos AND PMP certified plus MBA? I'd give it a shot but don't get discouraged if it's rejected due to the short term here.

Shoe-in if they have male child! :cool:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 2:56 pm

I think high chance. If you can wait after election will be best
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:16 am

Qualifications and experience is looking good, let's say you have nothing at all to lose, a rejection would only mean waiting a while for the minimum 2 year criteria.....so don't be disappointed, as its taking 6 months to process PR application, with a very high failure rate, due to the political climate and elections. But go for it!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:33 am

The only problem with applying now, other that the political climate at the moment, is the fact that some people do not take rejection calmly, even with the ground has been prepared in advance to warn of such. The threads on this forum are testament to that.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 3:53 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only problem with applying now, other that the political climate at the moment, is the fact that some people do not take rejection calmly,

Because they think you are the DIRECTOR OF ICA & MOM. Somehow or rather these posters find that the minute they posted here and got rejected or approved later on, which equates to something fishy behind the scene

Nice to have your name spelled out this way

SMS
Director of MOM and ICA
REJECTION AND APPROVAL OFFICE

:lol: :P
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 9:00 am

If you and your wife had been in Singapore for at least 2 years and there wasn't an election due probably a very good chance of getting PR approved. I personally wouldn't recommend anyone to apply for PR until they have been here for at least 2 years. The ICA want to see long term commitment to Singapore rather from a PR applicant rather than for economic reasons. I would wait until you've got as many plus points possible, both submitted at least one tax return, been here for 2 years and the election over.

nobodybutme

Postby nobodybutme » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 8:27 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments & advise

I guess that I need to think twice before I submit the application.

:)

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 9:40 pm

I also think you have a very high probability of being approved. But, if you are not in a hurry, let PAP get through the elections and know their position is not threatened. Then apply.

Fact is, you are the ideal immigrant in the minds of the gahmen. And, they are fighting a populist sentiment that think people like you steal jobs. Yes, dumb as a box of rocks, and fact nonetheless.

Cannavaro

Give a try....

Postby Cannavaro » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:34 am

I think the chance is very high considering your qualification and experience.
Good luck!

robleo

Postby robleo » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 1:02 am

My family actually applied for PR on our 9th month and we got our approval after three months. I actually did not want to apply because i also felt it was too early although I had a strong feeling i could be approved. Anyway, we proceeded and we're happy we did earlier.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 3:35 am

robleo wrote:My family actually applied for PR on our 9th month and we got our approval after three months. I actually did not want to apply because i also felt it was too early although I had a strong feeling i could be approved. Anyway, we proceeded and we're happy we did earlier.

robleo , may I know which part of the world are you from and what pass were you on prior to PR. Did you apply yourself with family or your spouse is a SPR or Sger.

nobodybutme

Postby nobodybutme » Sun, 22 May 2011 5:24 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:

I also think you have a very high probability of being approved. But, if you are not in a hurry, let PAP get through the elections and know their position is not threatened. Then apply.

Fact is, you are the ideal immigrant in the minds of the gahmen. And, they are fighting a populist sentiment that think people like you steal jobs. Yes, dumb as a box of rocks, and fact nonetheless.

Hi Strong Eagle,

Why do you think that I am an ideal immigrant in the minds of the gahmen? Any prticular reasons?

Finally, the election is over. I planned to submit my PR application soon. I just wanna be sure that I have a good chance of approval before I submit the application.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Regards,

Nobodybutme.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 22 May 2011 6:27 pm

nobodybutme wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:

Hi Strong Eagle,

Why do you think that I am an ideal immigrant in the minds of the gahmen? Any prticular reasons?

Finally, the election is over. I planned to submit my PR application soon. I just wanna be sure that I have a good chance of approval before I submit the application.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Regards,

Nobodybutme.

You are foreign educated from a reputable country with an advanced degree. You hold a position in a technology field that the SG gahmen considers desirable.

Your wife is foreign educated from a reputable country with an honors degree, and she is into the banking and finance business, probably the bedrock of the Singaporean economy.

Both of you, as a couple would be desirable as PR's, but then you add in one additional element: You are CHINESE... and WOW... just what the gahmen needs... in migrating Chinese to help keep the racial percentages in line. You have the potential to provide future NS men, and maybe even become citizens.