Singapore on the brain

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Sad Panda

Post by Sad Panda » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:57 am

@SMS

That and coke does a wonderful job at tenderizing meat on the cheep.
"The problem with quotes online is that you never really know if they are real." ~ Abe Lincon

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 7:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:When I was on my diet 3 years ago, we couldn't use oil to cook with (other than a wipe/spray) of EVOO). As we also couldn't use any sugar obviously, and some had a sweet tooth, we were allowed to consume up to l litre/day of certain diet soft drinks (depending on what type of artificial sweetener was used). Coke Zero was on the programme as was Sprite Zero (if you could find it - I never did). We had numerous recipes using the coke to cook with instead of using oil, as some like to cook with sugar in their sauces, and that works a treat apparently. I used Balsamic Vinegar to cook with as I like the tartness rather than sweetness. But, yeah, cooking with coke is probably a fusion due to our presence over there during the 10,000 day war.
You had recipes for cooking with Coke Zero! :o

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 7:55 pm

Yep! And due to my misbehavin' since August mid-autumn festival, Home leave, Thanksgiving, Xmas & CNY, I've gained a few kilo that I shouldn't have so w.e.f. tomorrow morning I will be undergoing a tuneup for about 2 months to get back to prime weight again.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 9:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yep! And due to my misbehavin' since August mid-autumn festival, Home leave, Thanksgiving, Xmas & CNY, I've gained a few kilo that I shouldn't have so w.e.f. tomorrow morning I will be undergoing a tuneup for about 2 months to get back to prime weight again.
Well I'd never have thunk it! :)

Good luck on the diet. I should go on one too. Too much beer and sausages :?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 9:26 pm

Sad Panda wrote:@SMS

That and coke does a wonderful job at tenderizing meat on the cheep.
it's the phosphoric acid.