Singapore Expats Forum

EP-Approval Letter

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
skay

EP-Approval Letter

Postby skay » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:00 pm

A quick qn to those who would know better-

I have an in principle approval for EP from MOM. i am told i can start working with this letter. Is it so for sure, or should I wait till i collect my WP after verif. of documents?

And is the verif procedure a formality? is there anything to be concerned about?

Rgds

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: EP-Approval Letter

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:29 pm

skay wrote:A quick qn to those who would know better-

I have an in principle approval for EP from MOM. i am told i can start working with this letter. Is it so for sure, or should I wait till i collect my WP after verif. of documents?

And is the verif procedure a formality? is there anything to be concerned about?

Rgds

You can start working once you have that letter, but you are advised to collect the EP card as soon as possible. You can find this even in your IPA letter. Read that..

Verification of documents : This would be when you get your Employment Pass in Singapore. Need to take the IPA letter (singed by you and your company), your original educational certificates,passport and Medical examination results(if specified in your IPA letter) to MOM. IF all the documents that are mentioned here are present, your verification and registration for finger print will take a maximum of 1 hour (including the waiting time)

Good Luck !

SF

skay

Re: Hi

Postby skay » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:06 am

Oh okay. Are educational certf. and previous work experience letters reqd.? I was not able to see that in the approval letter, but was guessing it was needed.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 9:47 am

Rgds

Nothing to worry about if you have been honest and don't have homemade education certs and documents!

If you have your IPA then make an appointment and get down to MOM ASAP to stop yourself from panicking!!

And yes, you can start work now you have your IPA.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Hi

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:15 am

skay wrote:Oh okay. Are educational certf. and previous work experience letters reqd.? I was not able to see that in the approval letter, but was guessing it was needed.

Just to be on the safer side, read the IPA once. If I am not wrong, if this is your first time you are getting an EP in Singapore, you MAY have something like this in your IPA

Clear photocopy(ies) of the applicant's tertiary qualification/technical certificates as shown in the EPOnline Declaration Form

Experience letters need to be produced only if they are requested.

Good Luck !

skkamandy

Postby skkamandy » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 2:26 pm

Hi,

May I know if u have found a job first then the EP or
apply the EP first then find a job?

Thank

Rgds
Kam

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 3:07 pm

You cannot apply for an EP with first getting a job offer. :roll:

Ya gotta luv the new foreign talent! NOT.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 3:44 pm

skkamandy wrote:Hi,

May I know if u have found a job first then the EP or
apply the EP first then find a job?

Thank

Rgds

Skkamandy, I wonder where you are from, you seem to be asking the same stupid questions for quite sometime now. I would have imagined by now you would have got lots of information. But, your questions are getting even more stupid by the day. :?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 5:01 pm

I think he's one of yours isn't he? :P

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 6:06 pm

@SMS, revhappy.

I replied to him on another post and I think he did not get the message

Now you did the same thing

Maybe one of you can speak Tamil or Urdu or Hindi so that he can understand

There is a major break of communication here :lol:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 7:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You cannot apply for an EP with first getting a job offer. :roll:

Ya gotta luv the new foreign talent! NOT.

waahaaaa ....

I got tired telling people that unlike certain other countries where you get a Work Pass and then look for a job - Singapore - you need an employer before getting your pass :)

Maybe a US returned or US wannabe who asked the question above yours ..

PS: an aussie mate told me that the option of getting in and then getting a job is why Oz is getting flooded with talent with no job :) I maybe wrong though .. ;)

Vxx

Postby Vxx » Wed, 16 Feb 2011 7:57 pm

Have to say am very impressed with the speed of the EP online service, my firm submitted my application at 6.15 pm last night, got approval letter by 11.30 am this morning, can't really argue with their turnaround times!