Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for guitarists or other musicians to jam with

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
JJL

Looking for guitarists or other musicians to jam with

Postby JJL » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:31 pm

I'm a Chinese guy from New Zealand, in my late 30s, I've been playing acoustic and electric guitar on and off since my teens. I don't have any experience performing, and haven't jammed much before in the past but now looking for people to jam with, enjoy some music together with, and see how things go from there.

My guitar musical interests are B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, early Clapton, Led Zep, the Stones, etc.

But I listen to a wide range of music including soul, jazz and pop, so I'm open to playing different styles too. Please get in touch if you'd like to try something out. Cheers.

deGrenoble
Regular
Regular

Re: Looking for guitarists or other musicians to jam with

Postby deGrenoble » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:38 pm

JJL wrote:I'm a Chinese guy from New Zealand, in my late 30s, I've been playing acoustic and electric guitar on and off since my teens. I don't have any experience performing, and haven't jammed much before in the past but now looking for people to jam with, enjoy some music together with, and see how things go from there.

My guitar musical interests are B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, early Clapton, Led Zep, the Stones, etc.

But I listen to a wide range of music including soul, jazz and pop, so I'm open to playing different styles too. Please get in touch if you'd like to try something out. Cheers.

I don't play musical instrument, but used to sing and enjoy singing.. any chance you need a singer?
:wink:

JJL

Postby JJL » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 2:33 pm

deGrenoble

A singer would be good. We could try something out. If you don't mind though, can you tell me a bit more about yourself and what sort of music you like.

Also would you have a place where we could play. My place is a bit too small to host anything.

I'll probably be buying a proper amp sometime soon, but it would be nice if you had some speakers I could plug into for the time being too.

agorski

Postby agorski » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 8:23 pm

Hey, I'm a pretty novice guitarist, but that doesn't stop me from going to Actors bar in Boat Quay once in a while. They have a live band consisting of other patrons who all just kind of jam together in turn.

I usually just sing, but sometimes I jam on guitar too. if i've had enough to drink i sometimes try the drums too. LOL. However, it is safest when i stick to the tamborines or bongos. Check it out. Its a good time.

JJL

Postby JJL » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks a lot agorski, I will check it out sometime.

Gerry99

Re: Looking for guitarists or other musicians to jam with

Postby Gerry99 » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 2:09 pm

JJL wrote:I'm a Chinese guy from New Zealand, in my late 30s, I've been playing acoustic and electric guitar on and off since my teens. I don't have any experience performing, and haven't jammed much before in the past but now looking for people to jam with, enjoy some music together with, and see how things go from there.

Hi my name is Gerry from UK looking to jam or create a band I am a singer I also play some guitar I am a young 50 year old . My interests are stevie wonder, zep.wishbone ash,cream, zz,top slade ,T rex and soul .I could go on but my dinner is on the table. I have been singing semi pro for some years now and would like to get going again if interested give me a call

JJL

Postby JJL » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:53 pm

Hi Gerry, nice to hear from you. Nice to see you like Stevie Wonder too. He's possibly my favourite artist.

I don't know how to find your phone number and the site won't let me send you a private message, but please email me here:

jahmin9@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

JJL

Postby JJL » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 9:05 pm

I've recently recorded a video of me playing a Clapton piece. If anyone is interested in having a look, email me at the address I mention above and I'll send you a copy of the file.

I may put a link to it up here later on but for the time being just let me know by email.