Singapore Expats Forum

New mum friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

New mum friends

Postby katie04 » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 4:49 pm

We recently moved back to Singapore after returning to the UK to have our baby, who is now 3 months old. Is anyone else a new mum , and looking to make friends?

new mum friends

Postby 5377rb » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:52 am

Hi there

I will be relocating to singapore from canada on the 13th of march with a 2 yr old and a 4mth old in toe. I will be looking for other mums to get together with when i get there as well. Iv seen a few groups on facebook spicifically for this type of thing. One of them is called mums and bubs. they host outings for mums with little ones. Im not their yet so havent checked it out but it looks promising.

Postby Britmummy2011 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 3:24 pm

Hi both,

Just wondered if you guys join any of these groups you were discussing a few months ago?

I moved to SG from the UK in Jan '11, and just stopped work to have my baby, who is now 2 weeks old.

I'm interested in meeting other mums of young babies, but didn't know if these kind of groups are a good way of going about it? I was worried it might be a bit impersonal to go to a large gathering...? Also some of them charge membership fees - is it worth it?