Singapore Expats

PR renewal advise please?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
everfor

PR renewal advise please?

Post by everfor » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 5:35 pm

Hello there,

i am holding singapore pr and it expiry this mid of year. For work assingment i left the country 2009 and next year i am come back.

Will PR renew on my case? In my situtation, the Renewal of Re-entry Permit apply will help ? please advise i don't want to loose the singapore permanent status...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 5:55 pm

Are you here in the first three year of your 5 year PR ?

Did you pay SG tax or overseas

Did you go overseas under SG company assignment or otherwise ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

everfor

Post by everfor » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 6:13 pm

Thank for your reply. In singapore i stayed overthere for 5 years, in that 2.5 years in ep and next 2.5years in PR. it's not singapore company assingment and i am paying the uk taxes in locally not singapore.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 3:25 am

everfor wrote:Thank for your reply. In singapore i stayed overthere for 5 years, in that 2.5 years in ep and next 2.5years in PR. it's not singapore company assingment and i am paying the uk taxes in locally not singapore.
Let me get this correct. Your PR was approved and you went away immediately for work in UK. You have not paid any tax in SG the moment you acquire your PR.??

Then my friend, you are walking on this ice. Chances of getting renewed for you is very low. Read

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=152

Additional Documents Required for SPRs under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme
If you are an employee

* A letter (issued not more than one month ago) from the employer addressed to the Controller of Immigration, stating the date of employment, position held and monthly salary
* Statement from the CPF Board showing the CPF Contribution History for the last 12 months
* Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years.

If you are self-employed (e.g. company director, sole proprietor, business partner)

* Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years
* And ONE of the three documents listed below:
o Practising Certificate (applicable to applicants whose occupations require such certificates to proceed with their respective professional practices in Singapore, e.g. doctors, lawyers, etc)
o Vocational Licence
o Business Registration Certificate (showing the names of all the Directors and partners) from the Instant Information Service, Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!