Singapore Expats

Fitness First review

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Ladyleo

Post by Ladyleo » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:01 pm

johanvds wrote:Try The Gym at Orchard - no hard sell, nice new equipment and not crowded at all. Costs $125.10 per month. It's run by Mr Singapore Adrian Tan. Located in Liat Towers just next to Orchard MRT.
Thanks for the infor..I will check with someone I know there but why the membership are cheaper than FF???

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Post by shameenali » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:04 pm

Ladyleo wrote:
johanvds wrote:Try The Gym at Orchard - no hard sell, nice new equipment and not crowded at all. Costs $125.10 per month. It's run by Mr Singapore Adrian Tan. Located in Liat Towers just next to Orchard MRT.
Thanks for the infor..I will check with someone I know there but why the membership are cheaper than FF???
Coz FF is a premium gym babe. LOL Diff in $ aint all that much in the end though...:)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:19 pm

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ladyleo

Post by Ladyleo » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:46 pm

shameenali wrote:
Ladyleo wrote:
Coz FF is a premium gym babe. LOL Diff in $ aint all that much in the end though...:)
Yup,I'm aware that FF is Premium gym.

While The Gym at Orchard designed to provide a discreet, friendly and exclusive environment for clients who prefer to train in an environment which is far less crowded than the large chain gyms.

I do agree the diff in $$$ not an issue but wonder the service they provide.

Anyway, I'm looking for a Yoga class too beside going for gym. :D

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Post by shameenali » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:13 am

Ladyleo wrote:
shameenali wrote:
Ladyleo wrote: Thanks for the infor..I will check with someone I know there but why the membership are cheaper than FF???

While The Gym at Orchard designed to provide a discreet, friendly and exclusive environment for clients who prefer to train in an environment which is far less crowded than the large chain gyms.

I suggest you go through the following link: http://www.fitnessfirst.com.sg/sg/group ... x_main.asp

Pretty much lists out all the group exercises available so should help you when it comes to deciding.
Cheers babe!

Ladyleo

Post by Ladyleo » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:06 am

shameenali wrote:
Ladyleo wrote:
shameenali wrote: Coz FF is a premium gym babe. LOL Diff in $ aint all that much in the end though...:)

I suggest you go through the following link: http://www.fitnessfirst.com.sg/sg/group ... x_main.asp

Pretty much lists out all the group exercises available so should help you when it comes to deciding.
Cheers babe!
Once again..thanks! :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:58 am

Why does shameenali almost sound like an employee? :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Post by shameenali » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why does shameenali almost sound like an employee? :-k
I just love ur imagination.... :roll:

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:32 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 7:20 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

leonila_pramitha

Post by leonila_pramitha » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:52 am

singtel_starhub wrote:Fitness First is a huge scam. Please do not sign up for recurring billing. The way they dealt with me is shocking. I had to leave Singapore immediately for some reason. When Fitness First was celled to cancel the appointment, they said I had to setup an appointment and go in there physically to sign the form. I had no time and I requested them to cancel it verbally. I even changed my credit card (got a new number). After a few months, I was shocked to see that I was continued to be billed by Ftiness First. They were billing me using my old invalid credit card and the bill appeared on my new credit card. This is how outrageous this is. I think the government should do something against these scheming companies who getaway saying its according to the rules.
I TOTALLY AGREE!! They try so hard to make us join the membership, but then they give NO service at all afterwards. They just keep on eating my money. Yuckss! Sorry for saying this but really disappointed with FF in Singapore.

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Post by madaboutplastic » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 9:14 pm

hey question for people already with fitness first.

i was thinking to join for their group x classes. but the lunch crowd at raffles place is alot and they tell me i have to go there 20 mins ahead of each class to register.

when i said i cant do that. the sales consultant said i could just sms him and he will help me book.... actually all other outlet consultants tell me this crap too... how do u guys book for your classes? through phone booking or walk in or smsing your sales person?

stueyhall

Post by stueyhall » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 9:07 am

Just joined California Fitness as a platinum member. Been to a few spin classes and you just ring up <12hours before the class starts and book a bike. then just walk in a minute before it starts and you're away no stress.

Works pretty well. Not sure about the other classes but.

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Post by madaboutplastic » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:06 pm

i joined california fitness raffles place recently.

spinning class on friday afternoon abit lousy except there was a hunk there. the asian female instructor keep walking in and out of the class... not motivational... and when she returns back in.. only make some noise.. then expect people to peddle away to the music.. sigh..

Annoy

Post by Annoy » Tue, 26 Jun 2012 2:20 pm

I would like to let those who is a first timer who wants to sign up for gym on their payment methods. Nvr sign up for recurring bills with autopay nor auto renew unless you are very sure that you wont forget to inform the gym when u want to cancel and u need to sign the release form before they consider you terminate.

Recently i am involved in this 'scam' at a gym in orchard, i agree with leonila_pramitha( after they sell you the membership there, but then they give NO service at all afterwards. They just keep on eating my money.) I signed up for their membership in yr 2010 and in the contract i remember 12 mths and i cldnt cancel within this period of time also. But recently due to some prob ddting payment from my credit card, they called and ask me for payment then i realise i had been paying additional for 1 yr. i asked for a waiver for the balance 2 mths and they rejected saying its stated auto renew in the contract and ask mi to pay for the balance 2 mths but the prob is i had been paying for nothng for the past 1 yr. And i told them i thought they shld at lest called and inform that ur one yr is up do u wan to contd, but the sales say they dont.

So ppl out there, please think carefully when signing up for gym membership and read they clauses carefully else you shall say bye bye to ur money.