Singapore Expats Forum

NS Liability for new citizen ( PR convert )

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sagiluck

NS Liability for new citizen ( PR convert )

Postby sagiluck » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:15 am

Hi guys

I m has been SPR for 6 years and considering convert to citizen. I've heard conversion below 35 years old are liable for NS but I can't seems to find the information in ICA website.

And the policies has been changing so often :???: I m currently 26 years old, so will I be draft to NS if I successfully obtained citizenship ?

any advise on this ? sorry if this has been discussed before but I did browsed through a few pages without finding.

thanks for reading :oops:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 6:12 pm

Not if you are first Gen PR under the PTS scheme

Even if you are not, you have to register yourself but chances of you going to do NS from zero to 10 ; minus 3

Liable for NS if you are a doctor or a pilot etc..... different skillset application.

Are you one of them ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sagiluck

Postby sagiluck » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:27 am

Mad Scientist wrote:Not if you are first Gen PR under the PTS scheme

Even if you are not, you have to register yourself but chances of you going to do NS from zero to 10 ; minus 3

Liable for NS if you are a doctor or a pilot etc..... different skillset application.

Are you one of them ?

I got the PR via Professionals/Technical Personnel & Skilled Worker scheme. yea I m the first generation.

Nope, not in any professional bodies, just an engineer.

what do you mean by 'NS from zero to 10 ; minus 3' :???:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 2:12 pm

sagiluck wrote:I got the PR via Professionals/Technical Personnel & Skilled Worker scheme. yea I m the first generation.

Nope, not in any professional bodies, just an engineer.

what do you mean by 'NS from zero to 10 ; minus 3' :???:

No pun intended. Once you are a PR you will be registered under NS roll. You do not have to serve NS as you are under PTS scheme.
But during war or great hardship of the nation you may be called upon under Civil Defense. There are some who wanted to serve but still rejected hence my way of saying , No WAY , JOSE !!
Only those that I mentioned will be "invited" to serve but the rewards are great like getting your SG citizenship faster than speedy gonzales !!

Do not worry they will not bother you but your son if married will have to serve.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!