Singapore Expats

Short Term Visit Pass

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
moscowites

Short Term Visit Pass

Post by moscowites » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 5:40 pm

Hi all!

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Lunar New Year!

Ok, here's the issue. I have a girlfriend who's a PRC National. She has been studying in Singapore for the past 6 years. She held a Student Pass which expired on the 25th January this year. She has intentions to further her studies and her next course starts sometime in March. Currently, she's on a short term visit pass as her school is unable to extend her student pass as they claim it is too long a time of transition from January to March.

We intend to go back to China on the later days of the Lunar festive period and come back to Singapore on the 1st of March however, I'm afraid that she won't be able to enter Singapore as I'm unsure of whether immigrations would grant her a new visa as she is currently on a short term visit pass now.

Please advise on this situation.
Thank you!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Short Term Visit Pass

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 3:48 am

moscowites wrote: Currently, she's on a short term visit pass as her school is unable to extend her student pass as they claim it is too long a time of transition from January to March.

We intend to go back to China on the later days of the Lunar festive period and come back to Singapore on the 1st of March however, I'm afraid that she won't be able to enter Singapore as I'm unsure of whether immigrations would grant her a new visa as she is currently on a short term visit pass now.

Please advise on this situation.
Thank you!
She will be definitely granted SVP. The question is whether it is 30 or 90 days. If you are local or PR, you can sponsor her it need be or else she needs to get her student pass sorted asap once here
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

moscowites

Post by moscowites » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 4:26 pm

Hey Mad Scientist,

In regards to what you commented, is it possible that I apply the visa for my girlfriend before we depart for China? Like, have it printed out and get it ready before we leave Singapore and take it with us.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 4:57 pm

moscowites wrote:Hey Mad Scientist,

In regards to what you commented, is it possible that I apply the visa for my girlfriend before we depart for China? Like, have it printed out and get it ready before we leave Singapore and take it with us.
No can't do. No harm in asking ICA though, I maybe wrong here
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!