Singapore Expats

Got job offer in Singapore - Need some info

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
movetosing2011

Post by movetosing2011 » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 8:53 am

Mad Scientist
Thanks for your "kind" help. I guess if this is what I am going to see in Singapore then better I reconsider my decision abt relocating there.

No hard feelings but really it's rude to be so judgmental abt someone without knowing the background.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 9:09 am

movetosing2011 wrote:Mad Scientist
Thanks for your "kind" help. I guess if this is what I am going to see in Singapore then better I reconsider my decision abt relocating there.

No hard feelings but really it's rude to be so judgmental abt someone without knowing the background.
Do not worry I will not loose sleep over this. None taken too.

Yes I do not know you but in this forum many forumers knows me and what I contributed.

Man... it is hard to please everybody here especially if you do it for free. Sometimes I wonder what the hell am I doing here giving advise to faceless persons in the internet.

BTW do not come over to SG as they are alot of Hungry Mean Looking People especially during Ghost Festival

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:24 pm

How different is it in the US or India? Do you get spoon feeding all the time ? I would say Singapore Expats forum is one of the best information source for anybody planning to move here and there isn't any other forum for any other country that has such a comprehensive knowledge base.I really doubt whether you are serious about the job offer, if you dont have the time to do the research or you are a plain moron :x

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 3:54 pm

@revhappy, does the above mean you learnt your lesson? :P

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 5:24 pm

Your problem. Your problem is that you have appeared here and demanded people run around to help you. You even say that you are too busy to help yourself.

Your kind of question probably gets asked once a week, and people who have done some groundwork get ample help clarifying the details.

Who do you think you are for heaven's sake? I'd suggest dropping the 'in your face' arrogance if you come here, as it will not fit in with the local culture at all well.

sagiluck

Post by sagiluck » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 9:46 am

no hard feeling but

#1 being a guest, you got to respect the local rules as basic courtesy (remember no one force you to be here )
#2 it will be better if you are less ego when asking for help
#3 a few posts in a forum can affect such major decision ?

6.8K ? you can life comfortably here provided you are renting a place in a public housing.

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:24 pm

My arse needs wiping (not whipping), anyone help?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:54 pm

Don't expect a queue :wink:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 2:03 pm

longstebe wrote:My arse needs wiping (not whipping), anyone help?
If you are busy with something else and have no time for it then 've heard there is this fella coming to SG who should have lotsa understanding to your problem and may just be around to help.

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 2:58 pm

I like starting off with normal bog roll then finish off with some wet wipes with Aloe Vera. Do ya think he's still interested?

E-CBS

Post by E-CBS » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:31 pm

If the topic starter is a good reader I'm sure he is getting the message... your feedback made me smile anyway!

For what it's worth - I am going for a 2nd round of interviewing for a job in singapore and have over the last weeks been reading a lot on this forum.
I fully agree there is lots of information here which can be found within minutes. I'm very happy I found this forum and it has certainly helped me a lot..

sundaymorningstaple's signature alone gives a lot of information

Thinking about and preparing for moving to another country for a person who doesn't even have time to search for basic stuff..... why even bother?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:43 pm

Ye Gods...

Welcome 'sane person'!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:47 am

E-CBS,

Welcome to the board. Or should I say, welcome to making yourself visible here. :cool:

sms

NB: Glad my signature is useful. Looking at the hits on that page in my website tells me it's rather popular as well. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 12 Feb 2011 1:29 am

Oh it's links issit. Can you tell us what they say?

8-) :wink: