Singapore Expats Forum

Information about Iran

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Miho

Information about Iran

Postby Miho » Sat, 05 Feb 2011 6:07 pm

Hello!

I am thinking to go to Iran.

Is there any person from Iran? I want to know how to book hotel or train or domestic air.

there is no iran hotel in agoda.com or asiatravel.com. :(

Miho

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 06 Feb 2011 5:52 pm

Have you tried a travel agency that deals with Iranian Itinerary ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 8:56 am

Do note that Iran is a sanctioned by US, which means if you try to go to US with an Iran chop in your passport, it might lead to some questions and maybe some private time with the homeland security.

If you are holding an America-affiliated (i.e. Citibank) credit cards &/or ATMs, it will definitely not work there. I suspect credit cards &/or ATMs issued by HSBC/Standard Chartered may not work in Iran as well. Most people bring cash when they visit Iran, of course, cash, in itself is a risk.

You should google "Travel Iran" and I am sure there are many Iranian travel agencies who will arrange for your accommodation, train & domestic flights. Do note that you should not pay in USD because the funds will definitely be freezed. You can opt to pay in Euro or other currencies.

Miho

thanks

Postby Miho » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:38 pm

Hi Girl_Next_Door

thanks for good information. Its amazin that HSBC also doesnot work!!
Its Hongkong Shanghai bank.. not USA..

I bring cash. its risky but definitely works!

its easy to ask Iranian Agency to book the hotel and train or everything.
But its not my style. I want to manage my trip. and I cant pay such a big agency fee.

I just want to know the site which i can book the hotel by internet.
I checked somt major hotel booking site and failed to book. :(
same as train or bus. ..

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 8:02 am

Hi Miho

I am not 100% sure if HSBC cards work in Iran, so you should call them to check. I know HSBC has been slapped big time recently by the regulators on lax anti-money laundering practices, so they may go way above and beyond to pacify the regulators.

I would suggest for you to try posting in tripadvisor forum, on the iran forum section to seek advice. You might get more help in that direction.

bariq1
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bariq1 » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 5:50 pm

Miho,

Virtual tourist website is your best friend.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Mi ... G-C-1.html

there are so many hotels available, though i didnt search on how to book them....

so good luck and enjoy the beauty of persian architecture, its lovely as i saw it on some documentary.