Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass(Q1) Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Employment Pass(Q1) Rejected

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 4:43 pm

Hello guys,

Just wanted to have an answer to my problem as well.
I know that I am not the only 1 expereincing this confusion .

This is my case:

First company hired me and apply for an S-PASS. It was rejected for the reason of QUOTA.
What they made then, was to upgrade it to E-PASS,result, REJECTED again
for not knowing the reason at this time.


Second,another company hired me. This time, directly at EPASS(Q1).
In just 15 minutes, it was REJECTED again. And we dont know what the reason was.
Upon arriving home, I tried to check online though I already know it was rejected, only to find out that my family name was wrongly keyed in.
. Upon further checking, it was the fault of the first company and that, the HR of the second company told
that it will always be like that. Means, FOREIGNERS particluars data is aumotically generated
So what we made, we tried to appeal and its just on the 3rd day today.

I just wanna know guys what are the chances of my epas being approved.
I do have 6 years and 4 months of expereince. A Bachelors degree holder from the Philippines.

As of today, I even got some calls from other companies for an interview right after the CNY. I have 3 schedules though but I think it will be useless as I do have pending appeal.
I am in Singapore for a Social Visit Pass where my first 30 days will be expiring on the 13th of February. I planned to apply for extension while waiting for the appeal result.

Hope you guys have some ideas as to the chances of my epass.
Thank you very much.

Regards
rd
Last edited by ranil_19 on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 8:50 pm

Until you make a trip to MOM to get you name corrected, it's not going to happen. You need to see somebody in person in order to affect the change. Be sure to have all your original certificates and documents with you to substantiate you name change.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean, even if you manage to change your name, that you are home free. The first company effectively may have screwed you by submitting you for an S pass and then appealing by submitting for an EP. The MOM proabably suspects some under the table payback to the employer by the employee as they have seen too many of those kinds of cases where the employee will do most anything to get a job here.

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 9:57 pm

Thank you for the very informative response.

So with that, it means MOM will entertain with these queries at their office even if appeal is on progress.
Further, even if the appeal is pending, still I can visit them without any possible complications?

I just cant believed what the first company affected me that much. And no way with Gods eyes that I will do that under the table thing. I cant afford financially and by my conscience.

Again, thank you and I planned to visit MOM this Monday Feb 7.

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Until you make a trip to MOM to get you name corrected, it's not going to happen. You need to see somebody in person in order to affect the change. Be sure to have all your original certificates and documents with you to substantiate you name change.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean, even if you manage to change your name, that you are home free. The first company effectively may have screwed you by submitting you for an S pass and then appealing by submitting for an EP. The MOM proabably suspects some under the table payback to the employer by the employee as they have seen too many of those kinds of cases where the employee will do most anything to get a job here.


Got a follow up question Sir. The second company is really offering me way above the minimum for the Q1 pass. And does it means that, sort of my name is kinda blackmailed already by the MOM? At this time, i have my agent who process it and not directly the HR from the company. Should my agent be with me upon visiting MOM or it can be only me.

Please advice me further.

Thank you very much.

Regard
rd
Last edited by ranil_19 on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:06 pm

I would strongly suggest you take your agent with you.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Employment Pass(Q1) Rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Feb 2011 2:02 am

ranil_19 wrote:Hello guys,

Just wanted to have an answer to my problem as well.
I know that I am not the only 1 expereincing this confusion .

This is my case:

First company hired me and apply for an S-PASS. It was rejected for the reason of QUOTA.
What they made then, was to upgrade it to E-PASS,result, REJECTED again
for not knowing the reason at this time.


Second,another company hired me. This time, directly at EPASS(Q1).
In just 15 minutes, it was REJECTED again. And we dont know what the reason was.
Upon arriving home, I tried to check online though I already know it was rejected, only to find out that my family name was wrongly keyed in.
From DELA PENA to DENA PENA. Upon further checking, it was the fault of the first company and that, the HR of the second company told
that it will always be like that. Means, FOREIGNERS particluars data is aumotically generated and that, it always be DENA instead of DELA.
So what we made, we tried to appeal and its just on the 3rd day today.

I just wanna know guys what are the chances of my epas being approved.
I do have 6 years and 4 months of expereince. A Bachelors degree holder from the Philippines.

As of today, I even got some calls from other companies for an interview right after the CNY. I have 3 schedules though but I think it will be useless as I do have pending appeal.
I am in Singapore for a Social Visit Pass where my first 30 days will be expiring on the 13th of February. I planned to apply for extension while waiting for the appeal result.

Hope you guys have some ideas as to the chances of my epass.
Thank you very much.

Regards
Ranil


You already had a offer from two companies and you say that your second company offer is way above the minimum salary for Q1. and also when the appeal of the second company is going on why do you want to consider the 3 schedules of other companies after CNY?

To be fair, when you have been offered by Company 2 and when you have accepted it, as a professional should you work for it atleast for some time ?

Also as SMS has said, the problem in name alone might not be the reason for your EP being rejected.

There are a set of criteria which you must fulfill apart from salary.

Good Luck !

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Re: Employment Pass(Q1) Rejected

Postby ranil_19 » Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:06 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
ranil_19 wrote:Hello guys,

Just wanted to have an answer to my problem as well.
I know that I am not the only 1 expereincing this confusion .

This is my case:

First company hired me and apply for an S-PASS. It was rejected for the reason of QUOTA.
What they made then, was to upgrade it to E-PASS,result, REJECTED again
for not knowing the reason at this time.


Second,another company hired me. This time, directly at EPASS(Q1).
In just 15 minutes, it was REJECTED again. And we dont know what the reason was.
Upon arriving home, I tried to check online though I already know it was rejected, only to find out that my family name was wrongly keyed in.
From DELA PENA to DENA PENA. Upon further checking, it was the fault of the first company and that, the HR of the second company told
that it will always be like that. Means, FOREIGNERS particluars data is aumotically generated and that, it always be DENA instead of DELA.
So what we made, we tried to appeal and its just on the 3rd day today.

I just wanna know guys what are the chances of my epas being approved.
I do have 6 years and 4 months of expereince. A Bachelors degree holder from the Philippines.

As of today, I even got some calls from other companies for an interview right after the CNY. I have 3 schedules though but I think it will be useless as I do have pending appeal.
I am in Singapore for a Social Visit Pass where my first 30 days will be expiring on the 13th of February. I planned to apply for extension while waiting for the appeal result.

Hope you guys have some ideas as to the chances of my epass.
Thank you very much.

Regards
Ranil


You already had a offer from two companies and you say that your second company offer is way above the minimum salary for Q1. and also when the appeal of the second company is going on why do you want to consider the 3 schedules of other companies after CNY?

To be fair, when you have been offered by Company 2 and when you have accepted it, as a professional should you work for it atleast for some time ?

Also as SMS has said, the problem in name alone might not be the reason for your EP being rejected.

There are a set of criteria which you must fulfill apart from salary.

Good Luck !



Hi Sir,

Actually and to be honest, I did not confirm yet the emailed appointment as scheduled a week after the CNY. The other company called and scheduled and said, they will also emai further the exact dates in which, means they just sort of knowing whether I am still free or not.
And on the other side, I am also asking some ideas with my situation, what are the chances of the appeal.
And as I got some advises, that I must visit MOM with my agent to correct my name even if I have a pending appeal, then I have to do it right after the holiday as it might contribute a positive result for the appeal.

Anyway thank you very much for all valuable informations.
I really appreciate it.

Best Regards
rd
Last edited by ranil_19 on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Feb 2011 1:32 pm

singaporeflyer,

I guess you are starting to realize why the ground here is having such a backlash against your countrymen now, don't you. :-|

You are also starting to feel your teeth grinding on occasion as well, yeah!

Hope you are enjoying the long weekend. :P

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Fri, 04 Feb 2011 2:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:singaporeflyer,

I guess you are starting to realize why the ground here is having such a backlash against your countrymen now, don't you. :-|

You are also starting to feel your teeth grinding on occasion as well, yeah!

Hope you are enjoying the long weekend. :P


Mr SMS,

I did partly offend with Mr flyers response but better shut my mouth up.
All I can read of his every replies to other questions out there has a bit of something.
But I appreciate all the guys doing the best and share to the people who are in
need of answers and advices. But for others trying to be knowledgable when they can not, or doing it againts of their own will, then maybe stop doing it.

Just one thing, its even possible to cancel the appeal when one find another with good offer and can try to have a new/fresh application.
Coz on my case, I can not afford to stay longer anymore due to financial reason. But first on my mind, is to correct the WRONG family name I had on the FOREIGNERS particulars on MOMs system.

ALso further confused, MOM did not give the reason to my agent that the reason for rejection was about the wrong name, I just found it by myself. So I think they still have other reason other than the wrong name.
Sort of a recap, my school is MOM listed. Bachelors degree holder and 6 years and 4 months of expereince and position applied is the same as experienced.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:01 pm

ranil_19 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:singaporeflyer,

I guess you are starting to realize why the ground here is having such a backlash against your countrymen now, don't you. :-|

You are also starting to feel your teeth grinding on occasion as well, yeah!

Hope you are enjoying the long weekend. :P


Mr SMS,

I did partly offend with Mr flyers response but better shut my mouth up.
All I can read of his every replies to other questions out there has a bit of something.
But I appreciate all the guys doing the best and share to the people who are in
need of answers and advices. But for others trying to be knowledgable when they can not, or doing it againts of their own will, then maybe stop doing it.

Just one thing, its even possible to cancel the appeal when one find another with good offer and can try to have a new/fresh application.
Coz on my case, I can not afford to stay longer anymore due to financial reason. But first on my mind, is to correct the WRONG family name I had on the FOREIGNERS particulars on MOMs system.

ALso further confused, MOM did not give the reason to my agent that the reason for rejection was about the wrong name, I just found it by myself. So I think they still have other reason other than the wrong name.
Sort of a recap, my school is MOM listed. Bachelors degree holder and 6 years and 4 months of expereince and position applied is the same as experienced.


Hi Ranil,
I did not write to hurt you in anyway. Sorry if u felt that I hurt you. I understand your situation, but I felt that it was not good to look for jobs when you are on your Second EP application within a short time (Please think of the employer who has appealed for you). In the above statement you have accepted that they will email you the dates of interview. The new company will be ready to email you the dates of the inteview only when you are interested in it right? So, you were interested in the 3rd company still when your appeal was going on? Is this fair to the second employer?

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Mr Flyer,

Today is tuesday already and I just humbly emailed both company yesterday, and the second today, that I can not be there for such reason.
My point in the beginning was, what if, in worst case,my appeal will still be rejected and that the company 3 is willing to wait for the 2 weeks result and then if ever i am available again(upon rejection of the appeal), then they can process again a fresh/new pass. I think the point is on the employer side once they will know my current status that I do have pending appeal.. ANd I dont have any plan to hide the truth that I am on an appeal. I think for formality, and by any means, being present in the interview is a matter of being professional as you indeed submit your application to them and they consider you as shortlisted. There are still a lot ways ahead to humbly explain them that you accepted an offer from another company or wherever other than on pending appeal. So letteraly, its not just about being unfair right away to the company 2 who made the appeal.

Anyway, thank you very much for all advises and ideas.
Lets continue it that way...

Will update you guys the result in due time.

REgards
rd


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gkpandian1 and 1 guest