Singapore Expats Forum

S pass medical examination question (urgent)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pongpongxx

S pass medical examination question (urgent)

Postby pongpongxx » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:39 pm

Can i know that whether the pregnancy test is required in medical examination for S pass female applicant?

What disease to be detected for the urine test? Or they will directly take pregnancy result from our urine sample?

Need to know it urgently. Thank you.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 01 Feb 2011 3:20 am

There is no pregnancy test for S Pass Holders . Only FDW and WP is required to my knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinalysis
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 01 Feb 2011 11:22 am

Mad Scientist wrote:There is no pregnancy test for S Pass Holders . Only FDW and WP is required to my knowledge.

Correct:

ICA include HIV/TB screening as part of the medical - but note that such test taken 'back home' may not be accepted - do it in Singapore ...

As a matter of fact, not to sound silly, but if you got the IPA, the IPA will state what tests are needed ..

pongpongxx

Postby pongpongxx » Tue, 01 Feb 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks very much for quick replies..! :)

As I know, S pass applicant is required to do X-ray, Urine test and blood test. Since urine can show pregnancy result by testing HCG levels in urine. This is why i am concerned about whether they will check HCG levels.

Then, can i know that the urine is tested for what? (From what i found from internet, urine is test for sugar/acetone/albumin. But i just want to confirm it with you guys)

Thank you very much again..!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 3:40 am

pongpongxx wrote:Thanks very much for quick replies..! :)

As I know, S pass applicant is required to do X-ray, Urine test and blood test. Since urine can show pregnancy result by testing HCG levels in urine. This is why i am concerned about whether they will check HCG levels.

Then, can i know that the urine is tested for what? (From what i found from internet, urine is test for sugar/acetone/albumin. But i just want to confirm it with you guys)

Thank you very much again..!

The urine test is to detect traces of contraband drugs and high dosage of chemicals like usage of inhalant. The sugar will be broken down to protein , from there on a range of test can be conducted. However primarily for pregnancy , HIV, Venereal Diseases and Drugs. If you are pregnant and is on S Pass do not worry about it
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:45 am

Mad Scientist wrote:If you are pregnant and is on S Pass do not worry about it

Just a silly thought :) Why is the TS so worried about being detected as pregnant ??

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:16 am

I've been wondering about that as well, but figured, what the 'ell, somebody will ask sooner or later as it's so obvious.

Took you long enough! :P

pongpongxx

Postby pongpongxx » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:53 am

Before having medical examination, I will going to abortion soon cause of baby is no more heartbeat, and i know that HCG (hormone that appear in the urine/blood of pregnant women) still remain in body for few weeks after abortion.

Since I am still single and just break up with bf cause of baby problem, i don't wish my HCG/pregnancy result show in medical report of my S pass application. I know that S pass holder can pregnant, but i am not sure whether S pass applicant need to be required for pregnancy test or not.

And, I really don't wish anyone of my company will know about i ever have baby before. U know, as a girl who has not marry yet, she won't hope anyone know about this bad news. I just hope to keep it secretly.

That's why i so much want to know whether S pass application need to be tested pregnancy or not? Or wonder whether they will test pregnancy through our urine or not?

Thank you for any information!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 2:47 pm

pongpongxx wrote:Before having medical examination, I will going to abortion soon cause of baby is no more heartbeat, and i know that HCG (hormone that appear in the urine/blood of pregnant women) still remain in body for few weeks after abortion.

:???: :???: How is that ?? :eek:

Since I am still single and just break up with bf cause of baby problem, i don't wish my HCG/pregnancy result show in medical report of my S pass application. I know that S pass holder can pregnant, but i am not sure whether S pass applicant need to be required for pregnancy test or not.

As said - your IPA will specify what test you need or not ..

And, I really don't wish anyone of my company will know about i ever have baby before. U know, as a girl who has not marry yet, she won't hope anyone know about this bad news. I just hope to keep it secretly

And you didnt' know sex = pregnancy ???? Except the few who are trying to succeed, majority are trying to avoid the pregnancy part ..

That's why i so much want to know whether S pass application need to be tested pregnancy or not? Or wonder whether they will test pregnancy through our urine or not?

Thank you for any information!!

Catch no ball - repeat ???? :( :(