Looking for Anti-Vaccine organization in SG

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Post Reply
antoniodalbore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 5:01 am

Looking for Anti-Vaccine organization in SG

Post by antoniodalbore » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 5:05 am

Hi All,

Anyone can recommended an anti-vaccine support group of organization in Singapore.
We will relocate soon to Singapore with our one year old daughter and will like to understand how other expats approach the healthcare over there.

Thanks,

Antonio

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 7:38 am
Location: Bedford Falls

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 6:31 am


User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3493
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 6:31 am
Location: TIMBUKTU

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 7:53 am

MHB is correct there is no anti vaccines support group in SG. Most vaccine for children are mandatory for child if they are on school going age.

Closest will be in OZ and NZ
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

woozel
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Singapore

Vaccines

Post by woozel » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:27 am

Hi

I have chosen not to vaccinate my son (now 6 months old), so would be happy to meet up if you wanted to?

I have been here two years (from Aus), and can share experiences / thoughts on this.

I will PM you and send you my email (think you won't be able to PM if you don't have a certain number of posts).

W

User avatar
Calmday
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:46 pm
Location: Jurong

Post by Calmday » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 3:08 pm

Wow!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8342
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 3:50 pm

It should be interesting to know why these people chose NOT to vaccinate their children...

...I mean, really?!?

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed, 20 May 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Nath21 » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 8:13 pm

nakatago wrote:It should be interesting to know why these people chose NOT to vaccinate their children...

...I mean, really?!?
Check out the google there are heaps of reasons. The biggest lie perpetrated by the anti vaccine lobby is that its linked to autism and that autistic kids didnt occur before 1930 vaccination program began which is a lie. Also autism is diagnosed at the same time kids are due for major jabs so ignorant parents link it to this. The key advocate of autism to the MMR jab in the uk was recently jailed for taking bribes from anit-vaccination lobby. He can no longer be a doctor in the UK and US. His "research" underpinned the whole autism and MMR jab link.

Major diseases are returning in the west and nurses are having to be retrained in disease not seen for years as parents start to DR Google and be "informed". Whooping cough is a classic.

Personally I dont think its fair that these kids mix with others but what can you do. Parents concern is valid but is it fair to be part of a society and put other at risk? thats the big debate.

Main arguments: vaccinations are linked to major companies profits, make up of vaccinations sound bad so they must be, disease data is influenced by major corporations who have a direct interest, vaccines cots too much, these diseases were caused by poor sanitation which has been fixed now, disease dangers are exaggerated, governments are funded by major health companies. Its a a major conspiracy.

There was a fair US documentary program I saw recently which didnt judge but explained both sides of the argument and was on Starhub I cant remember what channel though.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8342
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 8:19 pm

Nath21 wrote:
nakatago wrote:It should be interesting to know why these people chose NOT to vaccinate their children...

...I mean, really?!?
Check out the google there are heaps of reasons. The biggest lie perpetrated by the anti vaccine lobby is that its linked to autism and that autistic kids didnt occur before 1930 vaccination program began which is a lie. Also autism is diagnosed at the same time kids are due for major jabs so ignorant parents link it to this. The key advocate of autism to the MMR jab in the uk was recently jailed for taking bribes from anit-vaccination lobby. He can no longer be a doctor in the UK and US. His "research" underpinned the whole autism and MMR jab link.

Major diseases are returning in the west and nurses are having to be retrained in disease not seen for years as parents start to DR Google and be "informed". Whooping cough is a classic.

Personally I dont think its fair that these kids mix with others but what can you do. Parents concern is valid but is it fair to be part of a society and put other at risk? thats the big debate.

Main arguments: vaccinations are linked to major companies profits, make up of vaccinations sound bad so they must be, disease data is influenced by major corporations who have a direct interest, vaccines cots too much, these diseases were caused by poor sanitation which has been fixed now, disease dangers are exaggerated, governments are funded by major health companies. Its a a major conspiracy.

There was a fair US documentary program I saw recently which didnt judge but explained both sides of the argument and was on Starhub I cant remember what channel though.
I already know about the stuff you saying but I guess I was asking a rhetorical question.

User avatar
aster
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:15 pm

Post by aster » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 9:54 pm

I would definitely not take that new flu vaccine which turned out to be one great scam that had many a country fooled, but as for the rest it's an entirely different story. I mean you really should do the basics, especially when it comes to kids.

jmvagabond
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Vaccines

Post by jmvagabond » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:36 pm

[quote="woozel"]Hi

I have chosen not to vaccinate my son (now 6 months old), so would be happy to meet up if you wanted to?

I have been here two years (from Aus), and can share experiences / thoughts on this.

I will PM you and send you my email (think you won't be able to PM if you don't have a certain number of posts).

W[/quote]

Hi W,

I am looking for people to open-discuss the subject of vaccination. Did you finally met with Antonio, as he was looking for anti-vaccination community?

Looking forward to hear from you. You can also PM your email... I can't, still too new to this site.

Cheers,

rasms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 8:11 pm

Post by rasms » Fri, 17 Aug 2012 8:28 pm

Antonio/Woozel,
Just wondering if you are able to help me out here... we're considering moving to Singapore from Australia with our two children. I would love to know how you worked around the immunisation.

I can't PM you as I've just joined this forum - not enough posts. Are you able to PM me though?

Thanks.

Galactophagist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Galactophagist » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 9:31 am

There has been no clinical evidence linking vaccinations to a diagnosis of autism. The connection is nothing but hearsay and apocryphal. Vaccinate your children!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 9:42 am

Galactophagist wrote:There has been no clinical evidence linking vaccinations to a diagnosis of autism. The connection is nothing but hearsay and apocryphal. Vaccinate your children!
And if one were to be genuinely concerned about linking vaccination to autism, s/he should have known by then that autism is genetic (pre-birth condition) and vaccination is can only be introduced at birth at earliest.

Logic.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9757
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 3:04 pm

[content removed to avoid socially harmful misunderstandings]
Last edited by x9200 on Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galactophagist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Galactophagist » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 9:26 am

A loss or regression of language ability after initial development occurs in SOME children later diagnoses with Autism, not all. It is one of the diagnostic criteria, but there are many others, as well. Again, there is no clinically proven connection between childhood vaccinations and ASD. Not vaccinating children puts them and the community at greater risk.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Parenting, Family & Schools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests