Singapore Expats

Emirates Airline interview for March 2011-anyone going?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lushhhh

Post by lushhhh » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 10:24 pm

For our group, he didn't ask about our languages and they only selected 2 chinese. I'm trying to brush up my Cantonese and try again. There's a Global Assessment Day in March right?

khunbowen

Post by khunbowen » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 10:48 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
lushhhh wrote:
x|aOmEi wrote:Yups yups. I went too. I'm in e 2nd group , :) Didnt make it too. My group onli 2 went in.. :) Hmmm. Try again:)
I was in the same group!

FluffCloud: I agree that the interview was really relaxing! I didn't get past 1st round but I actually enjoyed the process a lot! The staff present were awesome. I did state I could speak Mandarin with ability to understand Cantonese, Teochew (I'm not fluent in speaking). Did you state your languages on your resume?
Hey hey, nope i didn't. I only raise my hand when the interviewer asked who can speak Mandarin or Cantonese. But for my group, they selected all the chinese girls. So it seems like they were shortlisting people based on the requirement only for this round.
Nvm la.. Try again in March. you have nothing to lose. Maybe some precious time.
Number 1 Kon Thai Extremist.

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:06 pm

lushhhh wrote:For our group, he didn't ask about our languages and they only selected 2 chinese. I'm trying to brush up my Cantonese and try again. There's a Global Assessment Day in March right?
Don't feel bad about it! Why not try SIA first since the recruitment is coming up? Just not your luck this time, nothing to do with your ability! :D

khunbowen

Post by khunbowen » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:28 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
lushhhh wrote:For our group, he didn't ask about our languages and they only selected 2 chinese. I'm trying to brush up my Cantonese and try again. There's a Global Assessment Day in March right?
Don't feel bad about it! Why not try SIA first since the recruitment is coming up? Just not your luck this time, nothing to do with your ability! :D
I see the queue I sian already leh...
Number 1 Kon Thai Extremist.

edis0n

Re: Emirates Walk-in 26/Feb

Post by edis0n » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 1:17 am

FluffCloud wrote:
edis0n wrote:great info, too bad i didnt go as i saw the nx sq interview date. to me now its sq or never.
Why not? Emirates is doing well and that pay wise is almost the same as SQ. If your dream is to be a cabin crew, don't limit your chances! Every recruitment from any airline would be an opportunity! :D
And yesterday for guys, there isnt any interview. Just submit your resume and they will look at your photo. If they like it or think you got potential, you're in for next round.
cuz based in dubai and .. i dont know its just in me. kinda weird if im working for other airlines. haha. nonetheless, whens the deadline to submit the cv n photo since im a male? then what happened to those guys that went? submit form and went home?

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:07 am

edis0n wrote:
FluffCloud wrote:
edis0n wrote:great info, too bad i didnt go as i saw the nx sq interview date. to me now its sq or never.
Why not? Emirates is doing well and that pay wise is almost the same as SQ. If your dream is to be a cabin crew, don't limit your chances! Every recruitment from any airline would be an opportunity! :D
And yesterday for guys, there isnt any interview. Just submit your resume and they will look at your photo. If they like it or think you got potential, you're in for next round.
cuz based in dubai and .. i dont know its just in me. kinda weird if im working for other airlines. haha. nonetheless, whens the deadline to submit the cv n photo since im a male? then what happened to those guys that went? submit form and went home?
They have to submit cv and photo on that day and if they are selected for next round, the agency will give them a call on the same day itself. I saw the guys loitering around the hotel area waiting for call. :o

If your heart is set for SQ then go for it. Good luck for the next interview!! :)

weeweewee

Post by weeweewee » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 3:08 pm

khunbowen wrote:
FluffCloud wrote:
lushhhh wrote: I was in the same group!

FluffCloud: I agree that the interview was really relaxing! I didn't get past 1st round but I actually enjoyed the process a lot! The staff present were awesome. I did state I could speak Mandarin with ability to understand Cantonese, Teochew (I'm not fluent in speaking). Did you state your languages on your resume?
Hey hey, nope i didn't. I only raise my hand when the interviewer asked who can speak Mandarin or Cantonese. But for my group, they selected all the chinese girls. So it seems like they were shortlisting people based on the requirement only for this round.
Nvm la.. Try again in March. you have nothing to lose. Maybe some precious time.
the march interview is for the shorlisted candidates on 26th feb.

think the next walk in might be in may or june, just guessing. :)

edis0n

Post by edis0n » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 3:28 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
edis0n wrote:
FluffCloud wrote: Why not? Emirates is doing well and that pay wise is almost the same as SQ. If your dream is to be a cabin crew, don't limit your chances! Every recruitment from any airline would be an opportunity! :D
They have to submit cv and photo on that day and if they are selected for next round, the agency will give them a call on the same day itself. I saw the guys loitering around the hotel area waiting for call. :o

If your heart is set for SQ then go for it. Good luck for the next interview!! :)
thanks. pretty much yea. only sq . for me now hahaha.

milly

Post by milly » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 9:37 pm

FluffCloud wrote:Hi all,

I went for the interview yesterday. Have passed the pre screening by the agency and now waiting for the next interview which will be conducted by the emirates people.

I noticed there arent much information you can find on the web so i will try to post whatever i know from the interview here to help you guys for your next interview.

So yesterday i went at 11.30am. Wasnt keen in the interview actually because i dont know how to get to the hotel. But looking at the photos which i've already taken, i just dont want to waste the money and went to try out.

When i arrived at the interview place, it's not as crowded as SIA interview or rather no crowd at all(just a few people here and there) Submitted my resume and photo, then do the reach test and went inside the room to sit.
When i was inside, i observed the people around. There were quite a few from Phillipines, Korea and China. Everyone seems to be with a friend and i'm all alone so i started talking to people around me. I found out that many are ex-crew and a few were from SIA(really gorgeous girls). Everyone there dressed very professionally, most of them wore a jacket.

Soon after, we were grouped in groups of 15(I cant remember which group i'm in). Went in the interview room, there were 2 interviewers from the agency. One of them is the CEO of the agency and they are really nice and funny people! They said some jokes which makes us laughed and be less nervous(i was nervous la, not sure about the rest) So the 15 of us were sitted in a circle, and the interviewers will walk around. We were asked to discuss a topic on 'If you have a chance, would you choose to be Man or Woman in your next life' Everyone talked so much!! Especially those ex-crews, they are so good at talking! When we were discussing, the interviewers will walk around and observe you and i dont think they really concentrate on your discussion unless you said something funny or mispronounce certain words loudly. Do note that before you speak, it would be better to first introduce yourself as in just your name. I did not do that but the rest of the 14 girls did. So i think it would be more polite. I enjoyed myself so much at this discussion because the atmosphere wasnt as tense as SIA interview.

So after we came up with a conclusion, we were asked to wait outside for the results. I didn't expect myself to be selected as i didnt talked much but well, i think for yesterday as long as you can speak chinese/cantonese you will have a chance to get selected in the pre-screening. We were given a form to fill in and wait for a briefing later in that day.

During the briefing, the agency people will show us some videos and brief us on what to prepare for next interview. I heard there will be a 6 months ban if you have failed at any previous emirates interview. And for those we are not 21 yet, hehe like myself, as long as you are less than 6 months away from your 21st birthday, it's ok to go for the interview. :) Emirates is very particular about teeth and English not skin complexion. As in, you dont have to have acne/pimple clear skin, just be able to conceal and look professional.

After the briefing, i think anyone will be super keen to join the airline because they will really take good care of their crew. Oh ya, but please be reminded that you will be based in Dubai and the contract is 3 years. So think twice.

Ok, these are all that i know as for now. Feel free to ask me about this pre-screen interview, i will try to answer if i can.

Current/Ex-crew of Emirates:
Would like to ask if there's a dental examination when you pass the interview? What is it on?
Hi Fluffcloud,
i was at the pre briefing that day too! I think my chances are pretty slim since they are really particular abt white and straight teeth. gosh! :(

weeweewee

Post by weeweewee » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:05 pm

milly wrote:
FluffCloud wrote:Hi all,

I went for the interview yesterday. Have passed the pre screening by the agency and now waiting for the next interview which will be conducted by the emirates people.

I noticed there arent much information you can find on the web so i will try to post whatever i know from the interview here to help you guys for your next interview.

So yesterday i went at 11.30am. Wasnt keen in the interview actually because i dont know how to get to the hotel. But looking at the photos which i've already taken, i just dont want to waste the money and went to try out.

When i arrived at the interview place, it's not as crowded as SIA interview or rather no crowd at all(just a few people here and there) Submitted my resume and photo, then do the reach test and went inside the room to sit.
When i was inside, i observed the people around. There were quite a few from Phillipines, Korea and China. Everyone seems to be with a friend and i'm all alone so i started talking to people around me. I found out that many are ex-crew and a few were from SIA(really gorgeous girls). Everyone there dressed very professionally, most of them wore a jacket.

Soon after, we were grouped in groups of 15(I cant remember which group i'm in). Went in the interview room, there were 2 interviewers from the agency. One of them is the CEO of the agency and they are really nice and funny people! They said some jokes which makes us laughed and be less nervous(i was nervous la, not sure about the rest) So the 15 of us were sitted in a circle, and the interviewers will walk around. We were asked to discuss a topic on 'If you have a chance, would you choose to be Man or Woman in your next life' Everyone talked so much!! Especially those ex-crews, they are so good at talking! When we were discussing, the interviewers will walk around and observe you and i dont think they really concentrate on your discussion unless you said something funny or mispronounce certain words loudly. Do note that before you speak, it would be better to first introduce yourself as in just your name. I did not do that but the rest of the 14 girls did. So i think it would be more polite. I enjoyed myself so much at this discussion because the atmosphere wasnt as tense as SIA interview.

So after we came up with a conclusion, we were asked to wait outside for the results. I didn't expect myself to be selected as i didnt talked much but well, i think for yesterday as long as you can speak chinese/cantonese you will have a chance to get selected in the pre-screening. We were given a form to fill in and wait for a briefing later in that day.

During the briefing, the agency people will show us some videos and brief us on what to prepare for next interview. I heard there will be a 6 months ban if you have failed at any previous emirates interview. And for those we are not 21 yet, hehe like myself, as long as you are less than 6 months away from your 21st birthday, it's ok to go for the interview. :) Emirates is very particular about teeth and English not skin complexion. As in, you dont have to have acne/pimple clear skin, just be able to conceal and look professional.

After the briefing, i think anyone will be super keen to join the airline because they will really take good care of their crew. Oh ya, but please be reminded that you will be based in Dubai and the contract is 3 years. So think twice.

Ok, these are all that i know as for now. Feel free to ask me about this pre-screen interview, i will try to answer if i can.

Current/Ex-crew of Emirates:
Would like to ask if there's a dental examination when you pass the interview? What is it on?
Hi Fluffcloud,
i was at the pre briefing that day too! I think my chances are pretty slim since they are really particular abt white and straight teeth. gosh! :(
don't worry, i think straight will be fine. got an ex-colleague who got in and flying for a year now (me not close to her), she is a smoker and her teeth aren't white. its tainted yellow. but she has a nice smile though. :)

if u are really worried, maybe can go to the dentist and whiten ur teeth. :)

bluey05

Post by bluey05 » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 9:40 am

Hi, what is the pay for emirates like?

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:16 am

milly wrote:Hi Fluffcloud,
Hi Milly!
haha, same! my teeth is quite yellowish and horrible(ok sounds disgusting but ya..) it's like so much things to do within 2 weeks. I don't think i'm going to whiten my teeth nor spend so much money on makeup or interview clothing. Have you start preparing for the next interview?

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:17 am

bluey05 wrote:Hi, what is the pay for emirates like?
If i'm not wrong, it's 4-5k per month.

milly

Post by milly » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:46 pm

FluffCloud wrote:
milly wrote:Hi Fluffcloud,
Hi Milly!
haha, same! my teeth is quite yellowish and horrible(ok sounds disgusting but ya..) it's like so much things to do within 2 weeks. I don't think i'm going to whiten my teeth nor spend so much money on makeup or interview clothing. Have you start preparing for the next interview?
me too!!! hahaha. I've absolutely no idea where to start preparing from. I guess i'll go with the flow tt day? gonna depend on my fate and luck tt day alr. i was so surprised to get into the 2nd round bcuz i wasn't even actively participating in the grp discussion! =X
did you managed to make any friends tt day at the pre briefing? :D

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 2:29 pm

milly wrote: me too!!! hahaha. I've absolutely no idea where to start preparing from. I guess i'll go with the flow tt day? gonna depend on my fate and luck tt day alr. i was so surprised to get into the 2nd round bcuz i wasn't even actively participating in the grp discussion! =X
did you managed to make any friends tt day at the pre briefing? :D
I can't seems to find solid information from the internet. I will just go with my luck too.
Honestly, i didnt talked much during the group discussion too. I said something very bimbotic because i was too nervous to think properly! hahaha.
Shall we chat on MSN? Since we will be going for another round of group discussion, i think would be good to know each other first. Haha!
I get to know the girls from my group only, didnt have a chance to interact with the rest yet.
Omg, i'm so excited about the next interview though i'm not confident of passing but ahhhh, just try...