Anyone moving from California to Singapore?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
dianned

Anyone moving from California to Singapore?

Post by dianned » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:25 pm

I'd love to meet some fellow Californians, are any of you coming to live in Singapore soon? I've been here since July and live near the American Club. Look forward to hearing from you! Dianne
dianne

rachaele

New at this

Post by rachaele » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 1:07 am

Hi, I apologize. I am new at this and am not able to PM you. I am not from California, but wondered if I could have your help since I will be moving from the U.S. My husband just received an offer to move to Singapore with a salary of S$10,000 per month.

The offer is less than what we collectively make in the U.S. I will not be working right away, so we would like to know if that will be enough to support us comfortably. We are a young couple with no kids. What are your thoughts?

rachaele

Post by rachaele » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 1:49 am

After doing some digging, it appears we will be pretty set. I thought I would correct myself and say I that I figured it out before all the negativity comes in from other posters.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 2

Re: New at this

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 3:02 am

rachaele wrote: My husband just received an offer to move to Singapore with a salary of S$10,000 per month.

The offer is less than what we collectively make in the U.S. I will not be working right away, so we would like to know if that will be enough to support us comfortably. We are a young couple with no kids. What are your thoughts?
You might want to search for some thread on the search button on the top right hand corner under the profile link

Here is one of them

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... t=expenses

If you live frugally and not near the city , you should be alright.

Choosing a HDB housing over condo will save you more
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

rakhstar

From California as well

Post by rakhstar » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Diane,

I'd love to meet some Californians as well! My husband and I moved here a couple of years ago from Northern Cal, the bay area. Where did you move from?

We are in Robertson Quay.

Take care,
RJ