Singapore Expats

Finnair recruitment at jobsdb.com.sg

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lyyx

Re:

Post by lyyx » Tue, 19 Dec 2017 10:36 pm

cuzz wrote:Anyone received their emails?
Did they send the emails out already?

cuzz

Re: Re:

Post by cuzz » Wed, 20 Dec 2017 1:08 am

lyyx wrote:

I don’t know but I didn’t received any. Hoping someone did received them, at least I know that they have started sending out emails.

Sfee

Post by Sfee » Wed, 20 Dec 2017 8:28 pm

cuzz wrote:
lyyx wrote:

I don’t know but I didn’t received any. Hoping someone did received them, at least I know that they have started sending out emails.
Well, i was wondering too if they had already process and sort out those suitable candidates. I tried sending an email to ‘[email protected]’ asking them if they already started to send out emails but there were no response from them at all, it’s been almost two months since i applied and almost everyday i keep checking my email waiting for an answer.

cuzz

Post by cuzz » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 1:23 am

Me too, I did emailed them about my job application status but no replies. I think, just maybe we didn’t made it since it has been a couple of weeks already ever since the dateline submission. I’m just saying :roll:

Amphitrite

Re: Finnair recruitment at jobsdb.com.sg

Post by Amphitrite » Wed, 27 Dec 2017 5:26 am

Same here, :( kept looking out for mails from them

Winry

Post by Winry » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:23 am

Can anyone share more about the training and how it is like flying for Finnair?

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 11:17 am

U got through all the round? How was the interview? I failed the swim test ](*,)

Winry

Post by Winry » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 1:20 pm

Zzz wrote:U got through all the round? How was the interview? I failed the swim test ](*,)
No, I missed the application period. I am sorry to hear that, is it because you don't know how to swim?

Wanted to try to research more now. How is flying for Finnair comparable to flying for SIA? From what I read online, is it true that the flight ticket to Helsinki has to be paid by the trainee and that there will be no pay during the training period?

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:02 pm

Well I can swim however since I didn’t swim for awhile in deep water therefore I couldn’t complete 1 lap, only managed to clear about 40-45m before I’m running out of breath :cool:

Basically only fly to 1 destination unlike sq. And if u have flying experiences, higher chance of getting in finnair as the candidates whom I met during the interview, 9/10 of them have flying experiences, some even have more than 10 years of exp and I was quite intimated by them.

I’m not sure about the part paying for your own ticket. Training is 5 weeks in Helsinki, either u have basic pay or none at all during training, maybe u can check with the others.
Last edited by Zzz on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winry

Post by Winry » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:08 pm

Zzz wrote:Well I can swim however since I didn’t swim for awhile in deep water therefore I couldn’t complete 1 lap, only managed to clear about 40-45m before I’m running out of breath :cool:

I’m not sure about the part paying for your own ticket, maybe try check with others.
Oh no, just a little more.. :( I thought i read somewhere that you can take your time to swim the 50m..

I wonder when in the next intake open for application.

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:21 pm

Ya just a few more meters away :cry: Yup u can take your own sweet time as there is no time limit and even if u cant complete it, they allow u to try again so long your feet won’t be touching the ground. U can’t backstroke or float and no lifejacket is provided. The pool is at its deepest 1.8m.

I’m not sure when is their next opening, normally they recruit once yearly. Im waiting for the next opening as well.

Winry

Post by Winry » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:37 pm

Zzz wrote:Ya just a few more meters away :cry: Yup u can take your own sweet time as there is no time limit and even if u cant complete it, they allow u to try again so long your feet won’t be touching the ground. U can’t backstroke or float and no lifejacket is provided. The pool is at its deepest 1.8m.

I’m not sure when is their next opening, normally they recruit once yearly. Im waiting for the next opening as well.
Train up your stamina and I am sure you will pass next round!

Once?? Oh no.. It's gonna be a long wait since the application period is over not too long ago.. ](*,)

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:46 pm

Last year they had opening twice in a year, and the year before once. Not sure about this year though.
And yes I agreed with u that we need to wait for a couple more months for their next opening #-o

Winry

Post by Winry » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:54 pm

Are you going to/ have you tried for other airlines?

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 3:05 pm

Right now I’m trying for other airlines. U?