Singapore Expats

Finnair recruitment at jobsdb.com.sg

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Wifeofaballer

Re: Finnair recruitment at jobsdb.com.sg

Post by Wifeofaballer » Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:29 am

Thanks for the reply bondigirl. I would love to try but my problem now is i cant get thru osm aviation website to drop my resume. Anyway, are you stilk flying with finnair? How was the training like?

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Mon, 01 Jun 2015 3:41 pm

take back my words!
Last edited by bongirl on Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wifeofaballer

Post by Wifeofaballer » Tue, 02 Jun 2015 12:33 pm

How's the training like? And being base in sg, you fly between sg and helsinki only or they fly you out to different regions also? I hope you could share more of your experience as finnair cabin crew. Thank you!

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Wed, 03 Jun 2015 12:39 pm

Training will be depends. And yes u fly between finland helsinki and Singapore route only. But there are time if shortage of hk crew u will be flying there as pax den working in hkg. Of course hotel provided. For now, in hkg they have enough. For Singapore, after they recruit 10 it is more then enough too. As i am not their spokes person i cant share much company info as cited in contract. Anyway if u are lucky enough to get shortlisted, i am sure those hr team will share more with you. No hurry when not even shortlisted right? ;)
Last edited by bongirl on Wed, 27 Apr 2016 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wifeofaballer

Post by Wifeofaballer » Wed, 03 Jun 2015 12:51 pm

Thank you for sharing your background. Waiting for a call from OSM Aviation. Keeping my hopes high to receive call from them. God bless!

Finnair2015

Post by Finnair2015 » Wed, 03 Jun 2015 3:55 pm

Hi Bondgirl, do u know if theres any age limit for finnair? Thanks..

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Mon, 08 Jun 2015 2:00 pm

Finnair2015,

As long as not above 30 for new crew 40 for experience crew.

Finnair2015

Post by Finnair2015 » Mon, 08 Jun 2015 4:13 pm

Ooops ok, guess i have no chance coz i just passed 30.. :( thanks bongirl for ur reply! :)

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Tue, 09 Jun 2015 3:04 am

dont despair... they might pick anyone they like ... who knows ... they will sent pic to finnair for selection :) BUT BUT BUT i heard there are 1000+ applications .. heard from my hr team. And now they are shortlisting!!!

Nicky75

Post by Nicky75 » Thu, 11 Jun 2015 3:34 pm

I jus got an email from Finnair about the upcoming interview. Wonder how many SG based crew on a flight usually.

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Re: THINK THRICE many for joining OSM FINNAIR

Post by bongirl » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 6:06 am

Seriously guys, I am going to rant about this osm-finnair. It is not directly hire under finnair. Thus benefits is crap. Japan and korea are hire under finnair directly thus their benefit is good as their country doesn't allow third party hiring, Finnair is a good company BUT not with OSM. First, I would very much say the benefit in osm finnair given to the singapore based crew are alot worse then any budget airline. There is no interline tickets for purchase even we are under oneworld group(so you have to buy budget airline for your own leisure, nope, NO staff purchase tickets). Even for the own airline travelling tickets(yes, you can buy finnair only destination tickets but have to change from helsinki-12hrs then transfer again.), we are under the 3rd options to be offered the tickets. Let say, Finnair direct crew and business class tickets, we will only given the third choice to be eligible onboard. If full load flight where there is finnair direct crew and business class we are given the least and last priority(3rd choice). Unlike other airline where direct hiring, it is only priority to pax first then crew. Second, The pay is atrocious. Full service airline given budget pay if not, WORSE. per diem is only SGD$3. basic is $1750(before CPF) minus CPF 1400+, transport allowance $30(before cpf, for both ways, it is not even enough), laundry allowance only SGD$20(before CPF, SGD16(after CPF) for dry washing?? where on earth in singapore does that???) if let says you have 3 flights per month you only take home $2100+/- NETT(NOT EXCEEDING 2.2K FOR 3 FLIGHTS) after CPF for a full flight long haul service. If you breakdown the hours 12 hours flight, comparing with budget, even budget more then us, benefit wise too better then us. On a laughing stock osm-finnair doesnt give compassionate leave(anyway called and ask with MOM, it is depending on the employer to decide to give or not). Also, we have only 21 AL per year+(inclu PH, even budget airline has 24 AL w/PH). For applying leave system is lets says you work 4 days off 3 days, initially osm-finnair were saying if we want to apply our leaves, lets say you are applying for 6 days leaves you cannot offset with your offday you HAVE to apply the whole 6 days(they exclaim finnish/european law, but finnish crew has 30 AL we only had 21). CRAP! But now, they decided we can offset 2 DAYS from our leave and rest apply as leave still eaten up by 1 day, as European law stated we must have 3 days off ...oh well ... HONGKONG crew salary are higher then Singapore based. When asked, they mentioned it is due to exchanged rate? What is this? We dont think it is the Exchange rate it is due to HKG has more people protest and reported to media. Their union is stronger!! I seriously Hope singapore union can step in to save us crew from osm-finnair singapore based. We are treated differently or worse like those cheap labor(which we are). There is medical benefit covered by a certain insurance co. BUT NO DENTAL benefits!! For fellow aspiring crew , THINK THRICE many, before joining osm-finnair. I have pretty much sum everything. As a crew we are looking for travelling as a job. Even we are under one world we cant even buy tickets from interline. Jetstar international has more better benefit. They can purchase from their interline tickets. Also last but not least, they have given us an unsafe hotel to stay. The staff there was rude, scolding crew, towel with residue hair on it. unknown people knocking on the door. It is the worse and unsafe hotel we are staying. Worse if you are requesting for things, when no one in the room the staff can go in without consent and left it on the desk. So unsafe! Do note, Finnair bangkok, china, korea, japan are staying in the hilton hotel in helsinki. For singapore and HKG crew which is under osm-finnair staying at a pathetic unsafe hotel.

Also to update, dont ' hear say' you will have much time in singapore yes u only work/away 4 days a week. After touch it will be very tire Now, they are saying we are only given 8 gurantee off only. So you do the maths! Mostly, we do 20 days flight like let says 16 days(1-4, 8-11, 15-19, 23-26, 30-3(overlapping the following month) for nearing a month they will purposely put u on the last day to overlap the month. That how cunning the planners are. Seriously off days are not alot also!!!!!! Dont think it has many off days. Last time management from adecco was good! Now, went down the hill.
Last edited by bongirl on Wed, 30 Sep 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:49 pm

Nicky75 wrote:I jus got an email from Finnair about the upcoming interview. Wonder how many SG based crew on a flight usually.

Whole set of 9 are singapore crew. no longer mix with finnish. Thus the environment are very zappy and gossipy.

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Tue, 31 May 2016 4:42 pm

This thread sure is quiet and not lively as before.
Anyone has applied for this current opening and got shorlisted??

Lemon123

Re:

Post by Lemon123 » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 5:49 pm

girlzz wrote:This thread sure is quiet and not lively as before.
Anyone has applied for this current opening and got shorlisted??

Hi! Did you apply?? Have you received the invitation yet? Thanks!

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 5:53 pm

I applied. But no news. Waiting....
U?