Singapore Expats Forum

Buying a Scooter/Moped in Singapore to 'drive casual'?

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.

Sponsored by:
AVIS Car Rental
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby curiousgeorge » Sun, 06 Feb 2011 8:31 am


I think the issue is expats who go back home and take a BIG bike test, then expect to come to Singapore and convert are the ones who are disappointed.

In Singapore you must go through three tests for 2B (<200cc), 2A (<400cc) and 2 (any bike). You are looking for a licence to ride a 2B bike...take test in UK, ride here for 12 months and happy they give you 2B licence and if by some miracle you get a Class 2 then all the better.

Once you have converted to Class 2B, you still have to take 2A and 2 licences here if you want to ride bigger bikes.

User avatar
Posts: 9164
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Sun, 06 Feb 2011 9:28 am

What is much more relaxed process than the 2B class course and the tests. The only problem you have to wait for one year before enrolling to the next level course so probably it would take you ~1.5y to get full 2 class licence.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post
  • Moped/scooter conversion UK/Sing
    by steveyallop » Mon, 26 Nov 2012 6:50 pm » in Cars & Motorcycles
    by Strong Eagle View the latest post
    Fri, 30 Nov 2012 9:56 am
  • Transition between Left Hand Drive to Right Hand Drive
    by Dave954 » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:56 am » in Cars & Motorcycles
    by the lynx View the latest post
    Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:18 am
  • Scooter for commute
    by iamdan » Wed, 02 Dec 2015 1:38 pm » in Cars & Motorcycles
    by PNGMK View the latest post
    Tue, 26 Jan 2016 2:44 pm
  • Norwegian Drivers License to drive in Singapore?
    by Energiepac » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:42 pm » in Cars & Motorcycles
    by dxb625 View the latest post
    Fri, 11 Oct 2013 8:27 pm
  • Car rental in JB to drive in to Singapore
    by nutnut » Wed, 27 Aug 2014 4:59 pm » in Cars & Motorcycles
    by taxico View the latest post
    Thu, 28 Aug 2014 3:12 pm

Return to “Cars & Motorcycles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest