Singapore Expats Forum

English Teaching

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

CarolAnn

English Teaching

Postby CarolAnn » Thu, 11 Nov 2004 4:03 pm

Hi,

I am living in Singapore at the moment and am looking into english teaching, i have seen that i can do a TEFL/TESOL course in Thailand without a degree (i only have GCSE's).
But i am unsure as to whether i will be employed in Singapore without a degree once i have completed the course??

Eileen Harriet

Getting ESL Teaching Jobs in Singapore

Postby Eileen Harriet » Sat, 20 Nov 2004 5:22 pm

It will be easier to get a ESL teaching jobs in Singapore if you're a English Native, even without a degree. I know of a school who is looking for such teacher. Call me at 6 2200175 if you're keen.

EnglishTeacher

English Teaching as a Foreign Language

Postby EnglishTeacher » Fri, 03 Dec 2004 2:32 am

I've recently passed he CELTA course and was interested in working in Singapore. Are there any schools that are likely to be willing to employ someone without experience but with plenty of enthusiasm? If so, email me to david_squires7@yahoo.co.uk

Debbie123

English Teaching

Postby Debbie123 » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 3:25 pm

I have just passed my Diploma in TESOL and am now seeking a part time teaching job. Does anyone know where I can start as most adverts seem to want experience. I have heaps of enthusiam and a desire to teach but I need someone to give me a chance - let me know if you can help me.

Re: English Teaching

Postby Guest » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 7:51 pm

Debbie123 wrote:I have just passed my Diploma in TESOL and am now seeking a part time teaching job. Does anyone know where I can start as most adverts seem to want experience. I have heaps of enthusiam and a desire to teach but I need someone to give me a chance - let me know if you can help me.

Why not go private! one can easy see there is a big need for improvement, especially speaking