Singapore Expats Forum

Minor Annoyances

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

KopiO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Singaz maaate

Postby KopiO » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:24 am

Usually anyone know that tries to cut infront of me or wants to play "Walking chicken" with me will usually be collected by my gargantuan shoulders.

rofl lucky i dont start to raise my elbows.

Oh yea when driving. people who drive in the middle of the lanes :mad:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:25 pm

KopiO wrote:Oh yea when driving. people who drive in the middle of the lanes :mad:


You must be Asian then. Most get mad about those who drive between the lanes and not in the middle of the lanes where they belong. :P

KopiO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Singaz maaate

Postby KopiO » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 4:15 pm

lol oh noes!

i meant to say middle between 2 lanes lol..

ooh on my way home people turning without indicating lol

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 4:18 pm

KopiO wrote:lol oh noes!

i meant to say middle between 2 lanes lol..

ooh on my way home people turning without indicating lol


which is ironic because drivers here always take the longest time when turning left or when merging into traffic and seem to have no trouble almost running people over when people are crossing streets even when said pedestrians have the right of way.

User avatar
aster
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri, 15 Jan 2010

Postby aster » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:05 pm

Sadly my "near death" ;) experiences have involved lady expat drivers in SUV-type vehicles. Probably one of those constantly frustrated wives whose husband is happy to get away from her and sit in an office for 12 hrs a day, while she sits at home watching Oprah, meets up with her friends for coffee and gossip every day, and drives around like a raving lunatic. And of course most of the time she honestly believes that her stay here in Singapore is somehow God's punishment.

Local driving habits aren't much better, and there's a complete disregard for the law too. Jumping red lights in full view of a police car is normal. An in general a green pedestrian light does not guarantee a safe crossing in Singapore.

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:42 pm

aster wrote:Sadly my "near death" ;) experiences have involved lady expat drivers in SUV-type vehicles. Probably one of those constantly frustrated wives whose husband is happy to get away from her and sit in an office for 12 hrs a day, while she sits at home watching Oprah, meets up with her friends for coffee and gossip every day, and drives around like a raving lunatic. And of course most of the time she honestly believes that her stay here in Singapore is somehow God's punishment.

Local driving habits aren't much better, and there's a complete disregard for the law too. Jumping red lights in full view of a police car is normal. An in general a green pedestrian light does not guarantee a safe crossing in Singapore.


Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!

User avatar
aster
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri, 15 Jan 2010

Postby aster » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:17 am

BillyB wrote:Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!


Oh, absolutely! No time to take care of the kid(s), let the nanny handle that along with taking the dogs out for a walk (preferable combing the two so that her wages can somehow be justified). :)

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:46 am

aster wrote:
BillyB wrote:Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!


Oh, absolutely! No time to take care of the kid(s), let the nanny handle that along with taking the dogs out for a walk (preferable combing the two so that her wages can somehow be justified). :)


Love it. Aster, clearly our Euro altercation was a minor blip. Lets arrange a few beers this coming weekend.....

KopiO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Location: Singaz maaate

Postby KopiO » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:50 am

lol good call..

User avatar
aster
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri, 15 Jan 2010

Postby aster » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:05 am

BillyB wrote:
aster wrote:
BillyB wrote:Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!


Oh, absolutely! No time to take care of the kid(s), let the nanny handle that along with taking the dogs out for a walk (preferable combing the two so that her wages can somehow be justified). :)


Love it. Aster, clearly our Euro altercation was a minor blip. Lets arrange a few beers this coming weekend.....


Sure thing BB, I say we check out that Beetfest unless you have other recommendations for some good pints. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests