Singapore Expats

Minor Annoyances

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
KopiO

Post by KopiO » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:24 am

Usually anyone know that tries to cut infront of me or wants to play "Walking chicken" with me will usually be collected by my gargantuan shoulders.

rofl lucky i dont start to raise my elbows.

Oh yea when driving. people who drive in the middle of the lanes :mad:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:25 pm

KopiO wrote: Oh yea when driving. people who drive in the middle of the lanes :mad:
You must be Asian then. Most get mad about those who drive between the lanes and not in the middle of the lanes where they belong. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

KopiO

Post by KopiO » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 4:15 pm

lol oh noes!

i meant to say middle between 2 lanes lol..

ooh on my way home people turning without indicating lol

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 4:18 pm

KopiO wrote:lol oh noes!

i meant to say middle between 2 lanes lol..

ooh on my way home people turning without indicating lol
which is ironic because drivers here always take the longest time when turning left or when merging into traffic and seem to have no trouble almost running people over when people are crossing streets even when said pedestrians have the right of way.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:05 pm

Sadly my "near death" ;) experiences have involved lady expat drivers in SUV-type vehicles. Probably one of those constantly frustrated wives whose husband is happy to get away from her and sit in an office for 12 hrs a day, while she sits at home watching Oprah, meets up with her friends for coffee and gossip every day, and drives around like a raving lunatic. And of course most of the time she honestly believes that her stay here in Singapore is somehow God's punishment.

Local driving habits aren't much better, and there's a complete disregard for the law too. Jumping red lights in full view of a police car is normal. An in general a green pedestrian light does not guarantee a safe crossing in Singapore.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:42 pm

aster wrote:Sadly my "near death" ;) experiences have involved lady expat drivers in SUV-type vehicles. Probably one of those constantly frustrated wives whose husband is happy to get away from her and sit in an office for 12 hrs a day, while she sits at home watching Oprah, meets up with her friends for coffee and gossip every day, and drives around like a raving lunatic. And of course most of the time she honestly believes that her stay here in Singapore is somehow God's punishment.

Local driving habits aren't much better, and there's a complete disregard for the law too. Jumping red lights in full view of a police car is normal. An in general a green pedestrian light does not guarantee a safe crossing in Singapore.
Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:17 am

BillyB wrote:Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!
Oh, absolutely! No time to take care of the kid(s), let the nanny handle that along with taking the dogs out for a walk (preferable combing the two so that her wages can somehow be justified). :)

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:46 am

aster wrote:
BillyB wrote:Ha ha!! You also forgot to add - dumps her newborn with a maid because that's what all her friends do and life is so stressful doing all of the above!!
Oh, absolutely! No time to take care of the kid(s), let the nanny handle that along with taking the dogs out for a walk (preferable combing the two so that her wages can somehow be justified). :)
Love it. Aster, clearly our Euro altercation was a minor blip. Lets arrange a few beers this coming weekend.....

KopiO

Post by KopiO » Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:50 am

lol good call..

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:05 am

BillyB wrote:
aster wrote:
Love it. Aster, clearly our Euro altercation was a minor blip. Lets arrange a few beers this coming weekend.....
Sure thing BB, I say we check out that Beetfest unless you have other recommendations for some good pints. :)