The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
snanduri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:09 am
Location: Andhra Pradesh

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC)

Post by snanduri » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:33 am

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the Selected "Institutions List" and the "Qualifications List" for EPEC visa-Singapore. Basically I am commerce Graduate (BCOM-Honors) from Osmania University- year’s .After that I have done Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management from Osmania University-1 year full time program. I have 7 years of overall experience as Business Analyst/Test Lead/Life Underwriter into Core Life Insurance Domain. I am currently working with leading IT Company as Senior Business Analyst/Test Lead. Can experts provide your valuable comments on, will I be eligible for EPEC visa with respect to "Institutions List”

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39551
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 6:51 am

Was your institution listed and/or the course of study at said institution? If so, you should be okay, if not, forgeddit. (in most cases although it doesn't hurt to apply so you get an official rejection letter.)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

snanduri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:09 am
Location: Andhra Pradesh

The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC)

Post by snanduri » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Was your institution listed and/or the course of study at said institution? If so, you should be okay, if not, forgeddit. (in most cases although it doesn't hurt to apply so you get an official rejection letter.)
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I do not know whether my institution and/or the course of study listed is listed with Singapore. But Osmania University where I studied this course is a UGC (University Grant Commission) approved University and Accredited with A Grade by NAAC (National assessment and accreditation Council's certification in India. Can you please suggest where I can find the list of Institutions”

deity_me
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 3:05 pm

Post by deity_me » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:53 am

I believe there is a self assessment section on the MOM site.
This should list the Universities they are accepting although there is a disclaimer that it might not be the official list.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39551
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: The Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:18 pm

snanduri wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Was your institution listed and/or the course of study at said institution? If so, you should be okay, if not, forgeddit. (in most cases although it doesn't hurt to apply so you get an official rejection letter.)
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I do not know whether my institution and/or the course of study listed is listed with Singapore. But Osmania University where I studied this course is a UGC (University Grant Commission) approved University and Accredited with A Grade by NAAC (National assessment and accreditation Council's certification in India. Can you please suggest where I can find the list of Institutions”
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

snanduri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:09 am
Location: Andhra Pradesh

Institution and/or the course of study listed is listed with

Post by snanduri » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 2:56 pm

deity_me wrote:I believe there is a self assessment section on the MOM site.
This should list the Universities they are accepting although there is a disclaimer that it might not be the official list.
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I got the institutions list available in MOM. I think aspirants from India who want to go further with this visa can always refer to the below link in MOM for institutions accreditation.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... tions.aspx

Many Thanks
Snanduri

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests