Singapore Expats Forum

searching for kimono and yukata

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

bogss
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 20 Jan 2011

searching for kimono and yukata

Postby bogss » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 8:52 pm

hi,I'm planning tu buy a kimono o a yukata - do you know any shop selling this kind of stuff?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: searching for kimono and yukata

Postby ksl » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:17 am

bogss wrote:hi,I'm planning tu buy a kimono o a yukata - do you know any shop selling this kind of stuff?
Opposite China Town MRT you will see a Chinese Store 6 floors. You can get good quality ones in there! Its on the corner by the traffic lights.

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005
Location: Bedford Falls

Re: searching for kimono and yukata

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 2:52 pm

ksl wrote:Opposite China Town MRT you will see a Chinese Store 6 floors. You can get good quality ones in there! Its on the corner by the traffic lights.


A kimono and yukata from Yue Hwa the Chinesedepartment store ?!? Call me crazy but a store dedicated to Chinese made goods would probably not be the place to buy Japanese clothing.

However, this might help:

ftopic57300.html&sid=2a6f154d7df10a6636185f9b7fb59bec?t=57300

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: searching for kimono and yukata

Postby ksl » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 5:19 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
ksl wrote:Opposite China Town MRT you will see a Chinese Store 6 floors. You can get good quality ones in there! Its on the corner by the traffic lights.


A kimono and yukata from Yue Hwa the Chinesedepartment store ?!? Call me crazy but a store dedicated to Chinese made goods would probably not be the place to buy Japanese clothing.

However, this might help:

ftopic57300.html&sid=2a6f154d7df10a6636185f9b7fb59bec?t=57300
I see your point, fingers working without the brain. SMS no comment thank you very much! :P :???: Oi this is Singapore not Japan

jackdi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 24 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby jackdi » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 7:56 pm

Try to check out some cosplay shops like Otaku House.
...or at China Square.

Or better yet, check it out online. in eBay.com.sg
:D
a Jack of All Trade


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests