Singapore Expats Forum

Regarding S-Pass Appeal

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 2:40 pm

ranil_19 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:And only when the pass is approved do they send the new FIN # with the approval letter ..


Sure? Then how one can do the online checking for a fresh application if the FIN is not given prior to the result? Means always need someone with FIN to check with?
And only when its approved, means you can not have your FIN even if its rejected? Thats how I get the logic from you

Thanks anyway..


anil_19, have you tried to check your application status at EP online yet? How did you do it? Did you agent do it for you? If not, are you sure you went to the correct site? You have to be registered as the employers user or Agency user in order to access the EP Online site and can only access the site with a valid SingPass.

OR, did you go to the no-login site known as the EP Online Validity checker! :roll: That site is for use by Landlords to ensure a potential renter is holding a valid EP or S pass. It has absolutely nothing to do with the application status of an EP or S pass.

Foreign Talent?

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 3:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ranil_19 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:And only when the pass is approved do they send the new FIN # with the approval letter ..


Sure? Then how one can do the online checking for a fresh application if the FIN is not given prior to the result? Means always need someone with FIN to check with?
And only when its approved, means you can not have your FIN even if its rejected? Thats how I get the logic from you

Thanks anyway..


anil_19, have you tried to check your application status at EP online yet? How did you do it? Did you agent do it for you? If not, are you sure you went to the correct site? You have to be registered as the employers user or Agency user in order to access the EP Online site and can only access the site with a valid SingPass.

OR, did you go to the no-login site known as the EP Online Validity checker! :roll: That site is for use by Landlords to ensure a potential renter is holding a valid EP or S pass. It has absolutely nothing to do with the application status of an EP or S pass.

Foreign Talent?


Hi Sir SMS,

I did used the link below.

https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... tAction.do

I tried to log in using my OLD FIN for the requestors particular, but still
for the Foreigners particulars that came out, still the old date and rejected.
SO maybe in short, no status yet or, its just that Its really a different log in that must be used. I dont know..I think I am one of having almost no luck despite of my experience already. BUt still breathing though and hoping I will get that light soon at the end of the tunnel before I will go home..

Thanks always guys for the ideas.
Last edited by ranil_19 on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 3:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:anil_19, have you tried to check your application status at EP online ..............


Chief .. RANIL_19 - not ANIL_19 (pedantic .. ha ha .. ):D :D

Foreign Talent?


Well, we can have hope right ??? :D

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 3:51 pm

ranil_19 wrote:Thanks always guys for the ideas.


You sound so despondant - I hope you dont' admit yourself into IMH .. :???: :???:

By the way, what exactly is your background ??? I read your postings and couldn't figure it out ..

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:02 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ranil_19 wrote:Thanks always guys for the ideas.


You sound so despondant - I hope you dont' admit yourself into IMH .. :???: :???:

By the way, what exactly is your background ??? I read your postings and couldn't figure it out ..


I do hope you read them all.
It was about rejection from Spass to Epass.
First for Spass, it got rejected for the quota.
Same company,upgraded to Epass.Rejected again.

Company 2, very good offer and way above the limit of 2500 for epass.
But then got rejected again. Upon thinking deeper, I made self checking online. Discovered then that my family name was wrongly keyed in.
WIth that, the company 2 appeal since January 31. Only yesterday, they got some words from MOM that amendment of the wrong family name had just been made..

My first post earier then was where you had answered as i see a little out of what i wanted to know. It was about the possiblity of calling MOM to ask my NEW FIN since my application now is considered a fresh since it had been amended as per advise from them. I just want to make an hourly self checking online as to the status. Without my NEW FIN, of course I can not do that. I tried to check via the OLD FIN for the Requestors Particulars, but information that will come out, still the old one. .Maybe just wait for another couple of weeks?wow..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:49 pm

Just as I thought. The site you are going to is the site for Landlord to just confirm if an Employment pass is valid and not expired or counterfeit. That is not the site to check applications. You have to have the company or the agency to check that and it also requires a Singapass as well. Don't you bother to read before you click on links? Bet you surf into a lot of pron sites that way! :o

Employment Pass/S Pass Validity Check via Employment Pass Online (EP Online)

Check Employment Pass, S Pass or related pass validity online (e.g. for prospective tenant).


Sorry about the spelling, but maybe I was thinking that way due to your silly questions over and over and over. The word anal comes to mind. Inadvertent typo - fingers and brain operate on different circuits. :wink:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 5:02 pm

ranil_19 wrote:I do hope you read them all.


..... maybe I didn't spell it in simple words ..

I want to know YOUR BACKGROUND - i.e. what is your Trade / work / line of work / exposure ..

There's an eeny meeny chance I can try to look at it .. if I see some openings hanging here and there ..

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 8:02 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ranil_19 wrote:I do hope you read them all.


..... maybe I didn't spell it in simple words ..

I want to know YOUR BACKGROUND - i.e. what is your Trade / work / line of work / exposure ..

There's an eeny meeny chance I can try to look at it .. if I see some openings hanging here and there ..


I am a Mechanical Engineer, licensed in our country.
6 years of taking up Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Been in Mechanical Design field for 6 years.
All of the 3 companies I worked with were both MNCs.
Mechanical Design basically on product design.
I am will exposed as well to Design and Manufacturing environment
and have 1 year work training in Europe(Poland).
School is MOM listed...

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 8:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just as I thought. The site you are going to is the site for Landlord to just confirm if an Employment pass is valid and not expired or counterfeit. That is not the site to check applications. You have to have the company or the agency to check that and it also requires a Singapass as well. Don't you bother to read before you click on links? Bet you surf into a lot of pron sites that way! :o

Employment Pass/S Pass Validity Check via Employment Pass Online (EP Online)

Check Employment Pass, S Pass or related pass validity online (e.g. for prospective tenant).


Sorry about the spelling, but maybe I was thinking that way due to your silly questions over and over and over. The word anal comes to mind. Inadvertent typo - fingers and brain operate on different circuits. :wink:




:-|

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 8:43 pm

ranil_19 wrote:Mechanical Design basically on product design.
I am will exposed as well to Design and Manufacturing environment
and have 1 year work training in Europe(Poland).


I always wondered, but NOW I know who was responsible for this! :lol:

Image

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 9:57 pm

ranil_19 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
ranil_19 wrote:I do hope you read them all.


..... maybe I didn't spell it in simple words ..

I want to know YOUR BACKGROUND - i.e. what is your Trade / work / line of work / exposure ..

There's an eeny meeny chance I can try to look at it .. if I see some openings hanging here and there ..


I am a Mechanical Engineer, licensed in our country.
6 years of taking up Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Been in Mechanical Design field for 6 years.
All of the 3 companies I worked with were both MNCs.
Mechanical Design basically on product design.
I am will exposed as well to Design and Manufacturing environment
and have 1 year work training in Europe(Poland).
School is MOM listed...


What is our country? Sri Lanka? Your nick is a giveaway :wink:

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:06 pm

I do not wonder why a lot of newbie getting out of the box sometimes.
Getting nonsense response, kiddie approach,making fun from someone are from the moderator and regular member itself

If and for a lot topics had been raised for an N times, then the best and professional way to answer it is to neglect and let them find the answers. Rather than wasting your worthy time.

I respect to all who had been a good to millions and help a lot including me, but on the other side, theres a story to be told that sometimes has to be left and kept unsaid.. :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:13 am

When you come here with only half a data set, you only get half an answer. Did you ever think about that? When you ask the same question 6 times in 3 threads, do you ever stop and think about how much aggravation it is for the readers to keep seeing the same messages over and over all over the forum? Bet not. Otherwise you wouldn't do it. You people, when you get an answer, and it's isn't the answer you want, tend to go off the deep end. When that happens, guess what. The rest of us tend to start shooting from the hip. Why should we care. You don't care that you are making a fool of yourself by asking the same questions over and over. :roll:

sms

Unlike most boards, this board's moderators are regular members unless we are wearing our moderator's cap. The rest of the time we are regular members and post as such. It's easy to tell when we are code switched to moderator uniform. In my case, you are seeing me write my post in blue. However, I also use blue normally when replying to and in an enclosed quotation for clarity of reading, but may also use any other color as well, if there are several people responding within the quoted passage.

Other Mods will use dark red or some other method, but you will know.

moderator

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:43 am

[quote][i][i] You people, when you get an answer, and it's isn't the answer you want, tend to go off the deep end.
[/i][/i][/quote]


Totally disagree.Not in my case. I read your post almost of the same line.
I did value every answer and clarify if I needed as some answers are hanging. As i read further on the FAQ,

[i]Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic[/i]

instead, I noticed that moderators are the one setting OT and approaching newbies like a kid. Been reading for quite some of the post here. Already a lot had been into an arguments to the moderators. Its because of the approach. I dont know wheres the professionalism. .

I have been mentioning I do respect all elders on this site and always complimenting and if and only just asked the ideas, expecting no harsh and violent reactions.

Normally, if you know the answers, keep it as short as possible and as to the point and direct as possible..A lot guys here living post reply that really waiting for the poster to react negatively because of the BITE and insulting approach. But at the end, still the losers. I accept that. I read one poster quoting " YOU WIN"

Thank you and best regards

ranil_19
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 03 Feb 2011

Postby ranil_19 » Fri, 18 Feb 2011 1:09 am

[quote="sundaymorningstaple"]When you ask the same question 6 times in 3 threads, do you ever stop and think about how much aggravation it is for the readers to keep seeing the same messages over and over all over the forum?

If your concerning truly for the readers, dont you know that, as they saw the post and NO ONE REPLIED, who the crazy in hell will go further to read that?
Further, why not the moderators instead delete those f*cking post as they are allowed to do so? Instead, a Subject of the appeal topic will end up of totally nonsense with such long and never ending replies.

I think its just one suggestion that needs to be seen and considered from Mods side.
Second, kick the posters ass who did post it for how many times to keep him/her out of this site rather than replying same line about posting how many times and so on. Its totally a waste of your time. And thats a concern from us readers as well. You are getting out of patience because of that..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests