Singapore Expats Forum

Regarding S-Pass Appeal

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 12 Feb 2011 6:47 pm

maguire33 wrote:i'm just here to share...
my friend's work pass was first rejected on 17/01/2010. the employer tried to appeal on 21/01/2010. after three weeks, he got the result: approved. but the date never changed.

my advice:
1) 1 - 1.5 weeks after the appeal date, call MOM if they already updated their system about the appeal. if yes, please wait. if NOT, call again the following week. why? you have to make sure that MOM receives the appeal because there are cases, and believe me there are, wherein they don't receive any appeal especially when the appeal was submitted manually (not thru iSubmit).
2) usually, on the third week, there will be a result (as i quote an MOM officer). Three weeks by the way means three calendar weeks, not three business weeks.
3) if there's no result after three weeks, don't freak out, it's normal because it says on the MOM website that processing of appeal should take AT LEAST THREE WEEKS DEPENDING ON THE COMPLEXITY OF THE CASE.
4) taking more than three weeks however is quite a pain, i know. i have heard of it and it gets really frustrating. but you cannot do anything about it. MOM processes a bunch of applications on a day to day basis. at least fill your consciousness with these positive thoughts. and hope for the best.
5) If your application gets approved eventually, it will appear on the EPOnline thing you have been monitoring every hour. The date will not change. If however, it is rejected, the date will change. The date will reflect the date that the appeal was received by MOM.

Hope I don't get whacked by the Seniors in this forum. I'm just trying to share... as life is about sharing.

:-k =D> =D>
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 4:37 pm

maguire33 wrote:i'm just here to share...
my friend's work pass was first rejected on 17/01/2010. the employer tried to appeal on 21/01/2010. after three weeks, he got the result: approved. but the date never changed.

my advice:
1) 1 - 1.5 weeks after the appeal date, call MOM if they already updated their system about the appeal. if yes, please wait. if NOT, call again the following week. why? you have to make sure that MOM receives the appeal because there are cases, and believe me there are, wherein they don't receive any appeal especially when the appeal was submitted manually (not thru iSubmit).
2) usually, on the third week, there will be a result (as i quote an MOM officer). Three weeks by the way means three calendar weeks, not three business weeks.
3) if there's no result after three weeks, don't freak out, it's normal because it says on the MOM website that processing of appeal should take AT LEAST THREE WEEKS DEPENDING ON THE COMPLEXITY OF THE CASE.
4) taking more than three weeks however is quite a pain, i know. i have heard of it and it gets really frustrating. but you cannot do anything about it. MOM processes a bunch of applications on a day to day basis. at least fill your consciousness with these positive thoughts. and hope for the best.
5) If your application gets approved eventually, it will appear on the EPOnline thing you have been monitoring every hour. The date will not change. If however, it is rejected, the date will change. The date will reflect the date that the appeal was received by MOM.

Hope I don't get whacked by the Seniors in this forum. I'm just trying to share... as life is about sharing.

Wow...it makes me thinks more positively that my appeal will be approved as well..and with the idea and suggestion like to call MOM for system update and so on..

THank you and will post my update as well.
This coming week, Feb 14 will be the start of my appeals 3rd week.
Keeping my fingers cross guys...

phidont

Postby phidont » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 3:20 pm

For my case, I called MOM on 31st Jan 2010 to asked about the outcome of my appeal, they said its been rejected on that day. However until today 14 Feb 2011 my employer has not received any letter from MOM. My employer said we could not confirm until we received a letter sent by post from MOM.

Besides that, I checked the status of my application through EPonline by myself today. The day showed on the website is just only the day of submission 21/12/2010

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:27 am

phidont wrote:For my case, I called MOM on 31st Jan 2010 to asked about the outcome of my appeal, they said its been rejected on that day. However until today 14 Feb 2011 my employer has not received any letter from MOM. My employer said we could not confirm until we received a letter sent by post from MOM.

Besides that, I checked the status of my application through EPonline by myself today. The day showed on the website is just only the day of submission 21/12/2010

Got a question brother,
Submission date you mean above which is 21/12/2010, is the appeal date or the first date you had applied?If it is the appeal date, then it confirmed or same case as posted above by maguire33.

As i see it,if the date is already the appeal date, then it can truly be rejected considering there had been a change and an update. It sad to know. This is not a good sign for me as well.

P.S: I think your from Philippines brother? I am also a Filipino.

phidont

Postby phidont » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 2:16 pm

NO, 21/12/2010 is the first time we apply. My employer said the date of appeal submission is 12/01/2011. The date appeared on MOM website still remain as 21/12.
Did you call MOM and ask ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 2:36 pm

phidont wrote:NO, 21/12/2010 is the first time we apply. My employer said the date of appeal submission is 12/01/2011. The date appeared on MOM website still remain as 21/12.

I thought I mentioned that despite your appeal, the first date of submission appears as the date of submission, and the date of appeal doesn't appear - and that's from what I have seen for the last 7 or 8 years .. :???: :???:

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 2:51 pm

ecureilx wrote:
phidont wrote:NO, 21/12/2010 is the first time we apply. My employer said the date of appeal submission is 12/01/2011. The date appeared on MOM website still remain as 21/12.

I thought I mentioned that despite your appeal, the first date of submission appears as the date of submission, and the date of appeal doesn't appear - and that's from what I have seen for the last 7 or 8 years .. :???: :???:

Does it mean then that MOM has different approach on each cases?
As i read post above from maguire33, that if the appeal is approved,date of first application and not the appeal shows on the system. If rejected, thats the time the appeal date appear on the system.

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 2:55 pm

I have been trying to call MOM how many times already.
But I cant not talk to anyone of them. It says, my FIN is invalid.
I plan to call them again as this week, is on the 3rd week already
and might have some info though on the system, still the first application
date and not the appeal date and status, still rejected.

phidont

Postby phidont » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 2:55 pm

ecureilx: I called MOM and asked, they said my appeal has been rejected on 31st. However my employer has not received any letter from MOM so far. Its already been more than two week from the day of rejection. My employer said unless they receive the letter, otherwise they cannot verify that my appeal has been rejected again

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 3:03 pm

phidont wrote:For my case, I called MOM on 31st Jan 2010 to asked about the outcome of my appeal, they said its been rejected on that day. However until today 14 Feb 2011 my employer has not received any letter from MOM. My employer said we could not confirm until we received a letter sent by post from MOM.

Were you able to talk to one of MOM officers or just hearing the online inquiry checking status system?

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 3:09 pm

phidont wrote:ecureilx: I called MOM and asked, they said my appeal has been rejected on 31st. However my employer has not received any letter from MOM so far. Its already been more than two week from the day of rejection. My employer said unless they receive the letter, otherwise they cannot verify that my appeal has been rejected again

As a newbie as well, I kinda confused on your case. You called the MOM and told that it had been rejected. But system even it gets rejected did not update(im referring to the appeal date which MUST show on the system when appeal is rejected). And second, your employer were not informed.
I maybe say, you still have the reason to cross your fingers. Goodluck to both of us :)

phidont

Postby phidont » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 3:23 pm

1(english)-->1( employment pass)-->0( talk to officer)-->1(personal enquiries)-->2(FIN)-->2( starting with G)

Try to call MOM again and follow my instruction. You will get to talk with an officer.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 3:44 pm

Not necessarily. The FIN number could start with either G or F.

ranil_19

Postby ranil_19 » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 4:27 pm

phidont wrote:1(english)-->1( employment pass)-->0( talk to officer)-->1(personal enquiries)-->2(FIN)-->2( starting with G)

Try to call MOM again and follow my instruction. You will get to talk with an officer.

What makes my call to my MOM unsuccesful was just simply the HEX sign.
I used asterisk..instead its should be the number sign. Will do the call again tomorrow as this time, is a bit late.

Thank you anyway for the help.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 4:46 pm

phidont wrote:ecureilx: I called MOM and asked, they said my appeal has been rejected on 31st. However my employer has not received any letter from MOM so far. Its already been more than two week from the day of rejection. My employer said unless they receive the letter, otherwise they cannot verify that my appeal has been rejected again

If your employer needs you dearly, instead of whiling around, they will drag you down to MOM and talk to the duty officer and verify the status and submit an appeal or advice you accordingly.

my 2 cents suggestion ...