Singapore Expats Forum

PR application .. couple or individual better ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yuanhui

PR application .. couple or individual better ?

Postby yuanhui » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 2:20 pm

Hello ...

I came to Singapore on Feb 2010 while my husband came on Oct 2009.
We are thinking to apply for PR before CNY.
Wondering it is better to apply as married couple ( in one application ) or apply as individual ( in 2 applications )...

Need your kind advise ...

Thanks alot

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: PR application .. couple or individual better ?

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 3:23 pm

yuanhui wrote:Hello ...

I came to Singapore on Feb 2010 while my husband came on Oct 2009.
We are thinking to apply for PR before CNY.
Wondering it is better to apply as married couple ( in one application ) or apply as individual ( in 2 applications )...

Need your kind advise ...

Thanks alot

Application as a family (same application) is always better than an individual application. Also with just one year of stay in Singapore, your chances are not great as per my 2 cents.

You could have searched and this has been discussed many times. Would have saved from opening a new thread.

Anyway Good Luck !

yuanhui

Postby yuanhui » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks alot for your advise.

Sorry my bad ...
I did read from the available posts but getting more confuse ...
Some said it is better to apply as individual because if applied as couple, when the main applicate got rejected ... the spouse will be rejected as well ...
but if applied as individual it is like 50% 50% chances ..

Some said it is better to apply as couple as it means that both of us are thinking to settle down and give birth in singapore.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 3:36 pm

Most posts also say it's not even worth applying until you've both been residing in Singapore for at least 2 years. I wouldn't waste your first PR application until you can at least meet this criteria.

yuanhui

Postby yuanhui » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 3:54 pm

yeah ... cause if got rejected ... it is better to wait for another 2 years to reapply ...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 4:58 pm

yuanhui wrote:yeah ... cause if got rejected ... it is better to wait for another 2 years to reapply ...

I had a long chat with one of my mates that is appointed GE officials.
Chances of GE will be somewhere July to Oct 2011.
Not going to happen during or after CNY . pantang
Nor will it happen during school holidays as most parents will have plans for overseas trips.
After NDP and PM speech> feels good factor and all the goodies as Santa Clause come early .
PR situation is somewhat critical from 300k to 400 K application since 2006 , last year was only 69K.
Last year birth rate is 31K. Half of it are foreigners. The Malay population has dwindle to approx 600K from approx 750K. The Indians are faring no better. The Chinese only think of money money money..
Wait till GE then decide I would consider
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

yuanhui

Postby yuanhui » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 5:57 pm

thanks alot .... :D ...
reli a lot of factors to consider before applying .. too risky ..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 6:24 pm

yuanhui wrote:thanks alot .... :D ...

BTW, if you are LEGALLY MARRIED, when one of the spouse to ICA, they will ask you to submit your spouse's info, and if you and your spouse are submitting separately - especially when you are married legally, it will raise a few eye brows ..

Go to ICA, and download the form and read the form and you will know what I am talking about ..

it has something to do with your stay here, but not the only thing - if you are getting paid 1 million $ a month, you can submit PR within a week and it will be approved :D Seen that here ..

(PS: Present tense / past tense - have you applied and been rejected or assume it will be rejected)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 6:45 am

yuanhui wrote:thanks alot .... :D ...

Yes alot of factors. To name a few

1. What kind of pass is hubby on right now ? Only P1 pass stand a good chance being approved.
2. Other passess will involved with position in the current company, employment history, salary packages and income tax
3. You are on DP I believe. If you are able to secure a job a job under LOC DP or secure EP on your own.
4. Voluntary work
5. Application must be with hubby
6. If you are able to procreate then this will tilt to your advantage

These are some that I can think of.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:26 am

Mad Scientist wrote:1. What kind of pass is hubby on right now ? Only P1 pass stand a good chance being approved.

I Know Belgian, on P1, earning 15,000 per month - was not approved :D :D

6. If you are able to procreate then this will tilt to your advantage

Care to explain that part :D :D

Cheers

PS: above was in jest ..

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:29 am

I Know Belgian, on P1, earning 15,000 per month - was not approved :D :D

P1 alone is not a criteria. As MS said length of stay in SG and many more factors contribute to the application to be approved

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:42 am

singaporeflyer wrote:I Know Belgian, on P1, earning 15,000 per month - was not approved :D :D

P1 alone is not a criteria. As MS said length of stay in SG and many more factors contribute to the application to be approved

:???: :???: Maybe me need to add more smileys :roll: :roll:

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:BTW, if you are LEGALLY MARRIED, when one of the spouse to ICA, they will ask you to submit your spouse's info, and if you and your spouse are submitting separately - especially when you are married legally, it will raise a few eye brows ..

Why?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:I Know Belgian, on P1, earning 15,000 per month - was not approved :D :D

Care to explain that part :D :D

Cheers

PS: above was in jest ..

I do not find any humour in your post. In fact , if you are local, you are one of those that failed to understand when to take things seriously.

Your smiley/s is purely nonsensical at best. It is no wonder that PAP will always rule SG since it has nurtured and doctrinate people like you !!

It is not worth my brain juice to continue this discussion with you.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:37 pm

MS, I think you will find that he's a long time cynical PR just like me! This island tends to do that to us when the gahment starts taking things away from us. :wink: