Singapore Expats Forum

Meditation?

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Inception
Regular
Regular

Meditation?

Postby Inception » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 1:23 am

facing a time in life where nothing is going accordingly. Neither health nor the work. Stress is building up every day the only solution I am getting around is to do meditation.

Anyone here who is in to meditation? Can we form a group to perform meditation 2-3 times a week, I just know the word meditation nothing else. I am sure it will benefit everyone

Anyone around?

Kitten Heel
Regular
Regular

Postby Kitten Heel » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:42 am

I'm not an expert in meditation, but I had attend a few workshops. I had attend a couple of Eckart Tolle support group and I thought they were alright. I think they have gathering every month, and would love to get back into it. Let me know.

Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular

Postby Joeyfishcat » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 1:59 pm

Yes - I'm interested!
But other than a bit of light reading about it on the internet (and a few novice tries at home), I don't really know how to meditate properly.
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 2:15 pm

The Harder I try, the Harder it gets :cry:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 2:46 pm

prkravi wrote:The Harder I try, the Harder it gets :cry:

You took the wrong tablet! You ain't supposed to take the blue ones until you get much older! :o

A bottle of Glenlivet works wonders tho..... :wink:

Inception
Regular
Regular

Postby Inception » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 2:54 pm

thanks guys for the response.

Well I am also trying to read up on the net, tried few times by myself but it does not work. I was watching this DVD "The Ultimate Meditation Guide" well based on it once u get to know how to meditate it can do wonders for you. Minimum 30 mins of meditation for those who are 30 years old.

how to begin?

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 3:00 pm

I practice a particular type of meditation that is best done in a group setting, but requires a commitment of at least 5 days to achieve the full effect. There is a group here in Singapore that organizes these 5 day retreats, 2-3 times per year, the next one being in May. If you PM me I could arrange a preview evening if there are at least a few people interested. Otherwise I can put you in touch with the master.

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 4:01 pm

:wink: No SMS, haven't had the need for the Blue Tabs yet....we are talking about the mind thingy here.

Inception
Regular
Regular

Postby Inception » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 4:45 pm

poodlek wrote:I practice a particular type of meditation that is best done in a group setting, but requires a commitment of at least 5 days to achieve the full effect. There is a group here in Singapore that organizes these 5 day retreats, 2-3 times per year, the next one being in May. If you PM me I could arrange a preview evening if there are at least a few people interested. Otherwise I can put you in touch with the master.

thanks for ur input, I am sure there are other who would also love to join and learn. I am very much interested lets see who else join

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Postby poodlek » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 4:58 pm

Inception wrote:
poodlek wrote:I practice a particular type of meditation that is best done in a group setting, but requires a commitment of at least 5 days to achieve the full effect. There is a group here in Singapore that organizes these 5 day retreats, 2-3 times per year, the next one being in May. If you PM me I could arrange a preview evening if there are at least a few people interested. Otherwise I can put you in touch with the master.

thanks for ur input, I am sure there are other who would also love to join and learn. I am very much interested lets see who else join

I can certainly attest to this practice's life-changing effect. I have never met anyone who has regretted trying it. Looking forward to hearing from you :-)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 5:23 pm

prkravi wrote::wink: No SMS, haven't had the need for the Blue Tabs yet....we are talking about the mind thingy here.

For most of us it's all in the mind, we just have to think about it! :P

Of course, looking a Singapore's latest fertility rate, they obviously need something! :o

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 6:03 pm

For most of us it's all in the mind, we just have to think about it!

Well, well, Looks like its one of those perked up days of yours for sure! :cool:

Of course, looking a Singapore's latest fertility rate, they obviously need something!

Blue tabs won't help as long as the Rubber and the need for Apple Gadgets (like someone pointed out in another thread) are not eliminated.

But you know what, I get this feeling that everyone else on this thread is thinking that we are a couple of brats hijacking their thread...or is it only in my Mind? :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 8:02 pm

OOOOOooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm O:)

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 9:26 pm

There you go!!! :twisted:

sing_newbie

Postby sing_newbie » Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:04 am

hi,

I am interested in joining a meditation group. I've never done it before but have always wanted to try it. so please let me know if you guys find out about a class or anything.

thanks