the seaview, east coast

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
mindlessmum

the seaview, east coast

Post by mindlessmum » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 6:30 pm

So, I have arrived, kids 3 and 2yrs in tow and another due in 4-6 weeks.

My husband narrowed down a couple of areas for us to look at places to live.

The seaview condo in the east being one of them. Does anyone either live there or nearby and have any comments?

I realise that there is quiet a bit of construction going on around there, but it seems everywhere has construction. Also it helps bring the rental price down a bit.

What is/would it be like as a place to live with 3 young kids around there?

I am sure you get sick of these where to live posts, I have done a fair bit of searching in the archives and they have been great.

We are currently living in Chinatown, and while it is fantastic that hubby can walk to work and sometimes escape back here for lunch, the footpaths around here aren't exactly stroller friendly and I figure once I have to walking and baby in the stroller I won't be tackling the footpaths that are narrow and busy.

Any comments re kindergartens/preschools in and around the sea view and what it may be like is appreciated.

Singapore Property Search

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: the seaview, east coast

Post by JayCee » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:22 am

mindlessmum wrote:So, I have arrived, kids 3 and 2yrs in tow and another due in 4-6 weeks.

My husband narrowed down a couple of areas for us to look at places to live.

The seaview condo in the east being one of them. Does anyone either live there or nearby and have any comments?

I realise that there is quiet a bit of construction going on around there, but it seems everywhere has construction. Also it helps bring the rental price down a bit.

What is/would it be like as a place to live with 3 young kids around there?

I am sure you get sick of these where to live posts, I have done a fair bit of searching in the archives and they have been great.

We are currently living in Chinatown, and while it is fantastic that hubby can walk to work and sometimes escape back here for lunch, the footpaths around here aren't exactly stroller friendly and I figure once I have to walking and baby in the stroller I won't be tackling the footpaths that are narrow and busy.

Any comments re kindergartens/preschools in and around the sea view and what it may be like is appreciated.
Lived there for 2 years and moved out last summer, moved in when it was brand new and still half empty. The condo itself is a lovely place but it is a bit pricey for what you get, you might want to take a look at the Esta or One Amber over the road too, they aren't quite as nice as Seaview but they are just as new (if living in a new place is important to you) and should be a bit cheaper.

The swimming pools are probably the best in Singapore and the gym is good too, but depends if you would use them I guess, I hardly used the pool in 2 years. With 3 kids I think you'd get hours of fun out of them.

The location is perfect IMO, you are 5 mins walk from parkway parade mall and marine parade town in one direction, in another direction you are 10 mins walk from tanjong katong road which has a lot of restaurants, and in another direction you are 5 minutes from east coast road which again has lots of places to eat and where I believe they are renovating the old katong mall. You are of course 10 mins walk from East coast park, and there is a subway to it on Amber road.

Transport is good, you have to take buses but there are a couple of direct ones to CBD, a couple of direct ones to orchard road, and numerous others to places like little india, chinatown, clark quay etc... You can also jump on a number of buses which will have you at payar lebar station in 10 mins where you can get on the green or circle line.

Regarding the construction noise, last summer when I was moving out was the time they were starting to ramp up the construction on the shore development that they're building next door. It was starting to get noisy and would often go on until 10-11 at night, sometimes midnight. They didn't seem to work on sundays but all day saturday you would hear it. I would imagine it's probably worse now as construction takes off

mindlessmum

Post by mindlessmum » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks for that JayCee,
we certainly will be giving any pool a work out.
I had a quick look at One Amber online but all the units available are pricer than the ones we looked at the seaview.
Your input has been helpful.

Newness doesn't seem to matter too much, although some of the older places we looked at were only asking $200 less than comparable at the seaview.