Singapore Expats Forum

Temple-making money

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 1:28 am

all i said was man definitely had a hand in it. i made no claim of the quality or the extent as that is still subject to further investigation.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 2:04 am

nakatago wrote:all i said was man definitely had a hand in it. i made no claim of the quality or the extent as that is still subject to further investigation.


But that is not definitely proven, and it can't be. Despite politicians claiming that it is.

Anyway this is the reason for the opening line '<smile> Oh dear, here we go' in my sleep-inducer above. It was not aimed at you in any way Nak, just these types of discussions often get into flame wars hehehe.

Surprised no one has invoked Godwin's Law yet

:D

Cheers buddy.... peace be upon you!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 2:43 am

I still have a card I haven't brought out yet...

...but I won't because I grow weary of this...











...Nazi.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 2:49 am

:lol:

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 8:34 am

Last edited by QRM on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:50 am

QRM wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4

LOL time to by my Hummer.


Carlin's right...and maybe by the time you stop laughing...people we'd realize that our species is f****d. I remember some Republican saying that since God promised will "not destroy" the earth, we shouldn't worry about the cataclysm. Riiiiight, the earth will be fine...humankind will just be extinct.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 2:27 pm

Hehehe.... very good link, thx! :)

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 4:26 pm

I'm with nakatago re having a hand in it but that much is completely out of anyone's hands, and with Carlin, just finished his autobiography last week, what a coincidence.

Actually come to think of it, that link is a good example of how other parts of the world effectively use 'swear words'.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:24 pm

Brah wrote:I'm with nakatago re having a hand in it but that much is completely out of anyone's hands



And why do you believe that, because politicians have persuaded you? And is that coupled with the human psyche's apparent need for a bit of self-flagellation?

Put the two together and what do you get:
Politician - You been a very very naughty boy
You - Yes, yes I have you're right
Politician - I'm going to have to punish you
You - Nnnnn, nnnn, yes I deserve it. Here take my money
Politician - Splendid, so we're both happy now.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 6:20 pm

And here is how the media control what we are able to believe...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ssons.html

Since most of the world's media is institutionally left-wing, I think you can take it that this cultural approach has commonality with most western outlets.

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 7:59 am

JR8 wrote:
nakatago wrote:all i said was man definitely had a hand in it. i made no claim of the quality or the extent as that is still subject to further investigation.


But that is not definitely proven, and it can't be. Despite politicians claiming that it is.

Can scientists definitely prove that man had absolutely no hand in it? And if they can't, as you'll have to agree, then how can you say for sure that Nak's statement is not true?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 8:11 am

Are you able to prove that aliens invading were the reason for me over-cooking an egg this evening?

If you want to be in the programme, get with it first.

Otherwise it is going to be The Two Batties I suspect.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 8:13 am

The reason I came here in the first place, before copping s**t from some Chinese granny...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -away.html

A fool and his money....

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 8:45 am

JR8, stop insisting that all of us who have a contrary belief from yours is due to politicians, politics or any media hype. For all we know, yours could be.

We get it; you don't like politicians.

PS

I no longer debate climate change because, well, I got $#!+ to do.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 3:51 pm

I thought the two articles quite appropriate for where the discussion had reached.

The BBC are notorious for their liberal bias (you'd need to watch UK-BBC to see that), so how an 'impartial' taxpayer funded broadcaster institutionalises a set of beliefs is revealing.

The second, re: how an otherwise worldly and intelligent man gives away all his wealth to a false religion.

Sorry to have ruffled your fur! :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests