Singapore Expats

teaching Chinese in MOE?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
hanshanwanshi

teaching Chinese in MOE?

Post by hanshanwanshi » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:01 am

hi, everybody. I am Chinese who came from China to be together with my wife. she is a Singapore Citizen. I want to start a career as a teacher for Chinese in MOE(Ministry of Education), because I do have experiences with that. I also own a certificate of psychological consultation awarded by the Chinese authority. However, my wife says that working in MOE is awful. who can share me something about MOE, like the working environment, the stress, the salary and professional development. Especially welcome those who used to work for MOE to give suggestions for me. Thank you very much.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 22 Jan 2011 4:41 pm

Before you want to be a teacher in whatever role , you need to be certified by enrolling in Teachers College at MOE go to www.moe.gov.sg
Even you hold a certificate in Chinese language that does not mean your certification are recognized here. If you are PR thru spouse sponsorship then you need to be enrol to be a teacher trainee first. If you are on LTSVP then you need to change your pass to a student pass.
BTW SG is predominantly Chinese , so there is nothing special about your certification from China unless I am mistaken or if you hold a PHD in Chinese Literature or something similar.
MOE like all other agencies in SG is a pressure chamber to perform and deliver with minimum fuss and toeing the line. I have teachers in my family, pay is meagre but that is not the point as they love teaching.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

hanshanwanshi

thank you

Post by hanshanwanshi » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:50 am

thank you very much :)

yulaoshi

Post by yulaoshi » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 6:59 pm

Did you apply already? If yes, how did you apply?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:09 pm

Did you bother to read Mad Scientist's reply? And you want to teach? :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hanshanwanshi

Post by hanshanwanshi » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 9:33 am

not yet. I change my mind. I think you can go to their websites and download the application form.