Singapore Expats Forum

When a DP is cancelled

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
missis
Chatter
Chatter

When a DP is cancelled

Postby missis » Sun, 16 Jan 2011 9:25 pm

I'm expecting my DP to be cancelled at the end of the month but will be staying on for two weeks on a temporary pass. I have a maid - will her FDW pass be cancelled straight away or can she also stay on until we leave?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: When a DP is cancelled

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 1:01 am

missis wrote:I'm expecting my DP to be cancelled at the end of the month but will be staying on for two weeks on a temporary pass. I have a maid - will her FDW pass be cancelled straight away or can she also stay on until we leave?

you need to cancel hers and get a SVP for her - by the way, many moon ago, when I was fired, and had to cancel my maid's permit she threw a lot of trantrum quoting the MOM law that says you need to give her 30 day notice etc. etc.

Just take note of that .. :D :D

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Postby missis » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 6:47 am

Thanks! Just for the record she will join us in our new country :D
I just wanted to be sure she had some time here (not working) to pack up, see family etc etc. She will stay with her aunt during this time.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:40 am

missis wrote:Thanks! Just for the record she will join us in our new country :D
I just wanted to be sure she had some time here (not working) to pack up, see family etc etc. She will stay with her aunt during this time.

Well, SVP is for 7 days to 14 days, upon cancellation : and during cancellation, do it yourself, and request the MOM officer to issue a 14 day SVP - or they tend to chop the 7 day stamp. Since she is going to 'follow' you - it should be fine ..

Good luck :)

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Postby missis » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:30 am

Thank you!

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Update

Postby missis » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 2:52 pm

I finally got through to Manpower and was told that the maid has up to one month to stay once my DP is cancelled. But if I leave within that month I have to cancel her work permit before I go - and then she has to leave straight away.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Update

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 3:51 pm

missis wrote:I finally got through to Manpower and was told that the maid has up to one month to stay once my DP is cancelled. But if I leave within that month I have to cancel her work permit before I go - and then she has to leave straight away.

There you go - nothing like hearing from the horse's mouth :D

Well, yah, you got to repatriate her before you leave - that's the law ..
Last edited by ecureilx on Mon, 17 Jan 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Update

Postby missis » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 3:58 pm

ecureilx wrote:
missis wrote:I finally got through to Manpower and was told that the maid has up to one month to stay once my DP is cancelled. But if I leave within that month I have to cancel her work permit before I go - and then she has to leave straight away.

There you go - nothing from hearing from the horse's mouth :D

Well, yah, you got to repatriate her before you leave - that's the law ..

Yeah, re the horse's mouth - I was just having difficulty getting through during the week and just really wanted to know! Thanks for your advice though.