Singapore Expats Forum

Backache & Still Neck

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Backache & Still Neck

Postby speakingagain » Sat, 15 Jan 2011 4:48 pm

Does anyone know of a cure for backache?

I work from home and spend more than 8 hours a day on the PC. This has been going on since 2007.

Recently I realized that my neck has become outstretched and my shoulders are caving inwards. I do exercises but can't really help much coz I think the spine has sort of become crooked!

I used to visit a physio once a month but I got so fed up with him coz he talks too much. He does some adjustments and the relief appears temporary. Is there any better solutions out there? I have changed a variety of chairs and make adjustments to my working station now and then but no real improvement.

Don't ask me to go see a chiro because they are too expensive.

Home Business Owner

Postby stephaniematchett » Sun, 16 Jan 2011 11:04 pm

I am osteopath and I could give you few tricks if you'd like. But first I would need you to answer few questions:
-what exercise do you do? and how many hours a week?
- Do you take breaks in the 8 hours? how often? and for how long?
- Are you seated on the edge of your chair or against the back of the chair?
- Are you elbows touching your desk as you type?
- Is your screen in front of you at eye level?
- what's the level of stress?
- what's your diet like?

Backache & Still Neck

Postby london_lady » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 5:50 am

Hi, Seems like quite a recurring problem. Have you tried homeopathy?

Postby lavendar » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:11 pm

My teacher taught me this method and every students in the class practice this at home everyday.

Its call LA-Jin therapy that is practiced by many chinese physicians to help patient reduce pains from anywhere in your body.

You can follow the diagram in this above webpage, put one of your leg up and the other down where laying on a sofa or bed. Stay in that position for 5 mins and feel the stretch behind your hip. Do it once a day and the pain will reduce.