Singapore Expats Forum

How can I bring my fiance to SG when we relocate for my NS?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Location: New Zealand

How can I bring my fiance to SG when we relocate for my NS?

Postby DanialHilson » Thu, 13 Jan 2011 6:06 pm

Hi there, I am 20 years of age and was born in Singapore. I have lived in New Zealand my whole life and have deicded to retain my singapore citizenship and serve my ns duties. However my recent fiance who i have been with for 4 years also wants to move over as we want to be together. My parents have just moved to singapore also as my father has a very good job. How can I get my fiance to come ? does she stand a good chance of being able to live? I would appreciate any help.


User avatar
Posts: 35441
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Jan 2011 8:17 pm

As you are not yet married, she will have to come on her own merits. She cannot get a ltsvp as there is no relationship yet. The only thing she can do is try to find a job. If she is in a qualifying uni she might be able to stay here for a while on the holiday work programme, but short of obtaining an employment pass she is going to have a problem staying for the long term.

Under quick links in the center of the page, click the tab, Passes. Have a view of the various there then have a look at the ICA site ... &secid=171

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American and 4 guests