Singapore Expats Forum

Difficulty in posting an ad :?

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
beezymum
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 11 Jan 2011

Difficulty in posting an ad :?

Postby beezymum » Wed, 12 Jan 2011 9:30 am

Hi all,

I'm a new member and have been trying to post an ad for my item for sale many, many times but it didn't worked. After waiting for it to upload, it didn't show anything on the screen not even one of those typical message eg. "failed/succeed" simply nothing. I'm confuse and wondering why. Please help!

Cheers,

beezymum :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:52 am

Where are you trying to post the ad? http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/

The ad will not show up until it is vetted by Admin. This usually takes a couple of hours or half a day. It's only a three step process.

1. Select the type of ad
2. Select the Classification Listing
3. Fill in the Details & upload photos from your PC (be aware of the file size limitations) Then hit the Submit button - after a few moments a message will come up notifying you that the ad was uploaded and is pending approval. Then you will be taken to your ad but it will have a notification on the right side that says "Pending Approval"

Sunwiz2011
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Location: Singapore

Why is my ad always get rejected?

Postby Sunwiz2011 » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:59 pm

No matter how many times I try, I always receive the email that my ads got rejected? Is it even possible to post ad on the classified section? Or do we have to pay for it? The email did not specifically say what type of error I made. Just general statements:


I'm sorry, but the ad you submitted to Singapore Expats Classifieds, titled
"XXXXX", has been deleted. Some reasons for ad deletions include:

- Repeated Ads (spam) (I did not spam as I do not have any ads posted right now)
- Ads that were in a wrong category (I chose the correct category)
- Ads that were partially uploaded/incomplete (How do you define what is partial what is completed?)
- Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself) (The image ghas no problem?)
- Ads that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines (This is very ambiguous....)
- Ads which were not paid for after submission. (Do I have to pay?)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Why is my ad always get rejected?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:15 pm

Sunwiz2011 wrote:No matter how many times I try, I always receive the email that my ads got rejected? Is it even possible to post ad on the classified section? Or do we have to pay for it? The email did not specifically say what type of error I made. Just general statements:


I'm sorry, but the ad you submitted to Singapore Expats Classifieds, titled
"XXXXX", has been deleted. Some reasons for ad deletions include:

- Repeated Ads (spam) (I did not spam as I do not have any ads posted right now)
- Ads that were in a wrong category (I chose the correct category)
- Ads that were partially uploaded/incomplete (How do you define what is partial what is completed?)
- Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself) (The image ghas no problem?)
- Ads that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines (This is very ambiguous....)

It might be ambiguous, but it might have something to do with what you are selling. If you are selling escort services, pretty sure is would be refused. :-)

- Ads which were not paid for after submission. (Do I have to pay?)

Yes, some of the ads you need to pay for. Not all are free.

If you have questions you should send an email to admin@singaporeexpats.com for clarification.


moderator

Sunwiz2011
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Sunwiz2011 » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:14 pm

Is selling new/used furniture not allowed?

I have emailed admin@singaporeexpats.com 3 times within a month with no reply at all.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 1:23 am

Have you advertised there before? If so, did you have a run-in with them?

User avatar
joop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Central, Singapore
Contact:

Postby joop » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 3:00 am

Sunwiz2011 wrote:Is selling new/used furniture not allowed?

I have emailed admin@singaporeexpats.com 3 times within a month with no reply at all.


It goes to show you never check your emails.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property
Image

Sunwiz2011
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Sunwiz2011 » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 4:53 pm

I do not understand what you mean that I have not checked my emails? My email are pushed into my mobile very one hour, so its not possible that I will miss the email. The only email I received are my ads got deleted and the standard reason which I dont understand. I even called the office and the lady said she will investigate and get back to me. But until now, no news.

User avatar
joop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Central, Singapore
Contact:

Email

Postby joop » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 4:58 pm

Sunwiz2011 wrote:I do not understand what you mean that I have not checked my emails? My email are pushed into my mobile very one hour, so its not possible that I will miss the email. The only email I received are my ads got deleted and the standard reason which I dont understand. I even called the office and the lady said she will investigate and get back to me. But until now, no news.


Resent again to: ssunwiz@gmail.com

Please check.
Singapore Expats



Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Image


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Announcement, Help & FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests