Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 1:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As you are Chinese, you obviously have a leg up. And considering that Malaysian Chinese and Singaporean Chinese are the same for all intents & purposes, the only thing that might hold you back is the lack of a degree. But, with the Chinese having the lowest fertility rate of all the races here, I'm pretty sure you would be a shoe-in. :-|
Actually the fertility rate as been seen to be no different between PR's Though PR's may also include a majority of Chinese, the evidence is that other races are not producing either, which i find quite interesting.

I think maybe the cost of raising a child is a burden in this Country, if you want a decent education, you have to pay the extra costs involved with tuition otherwise the schools have difficulty providing a good solid education. The actual subsidy for having children is not much help at all in comparison to yearly costs.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 2:15 pm

For my own knowledge, links please.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:For my own knowledge, links please.
I'll see if i can dig them out again, Singapore statistics in the newspaper, not sure if it was the one we shouldn't mention or New paper, but for these type of things its either those too papers or MSN Singapore.

I was also quite surprised, though I feel the article was saying it's because the PR's were more inclined to concentrate on career, not that they couldn't produce, they didn't want too, so age may have a factor too if PR's are below 35 and in competitive employment. I'll have a search for it.

While I'm doing that you may like these government facts to play with, you being good with numbers will probably be more quicker than i searching, for that damn piece on PR's production of babies down, think it will show up in those stats some place if it's true.
http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/themes ... ef2010.pdf

Still not found the one i want but some juice here on fertility.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/01/18 ... trous-low/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Singapore

DINKS is the new term used: Double Income No Kids

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2006/12/sin ... irth-rate/

Interesting one

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 60/1/.html

At this point while searching, I will say that Singaporeexpats forum is used by some media using quotes from our web forum threads. MS is mentioned and Louy is also mentioned with regards to seeking PR status. Looks like the PAP opposition using us as a tool. Isn't there a copy right infringement by this media group. That I will not name It also says MS is an editor....which is untrue, though maybe he has that rank on his nickname ha!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:19 pm

As usual, the country is playing catchup again. The term DINKS has been around over 10 years, having been coined in the US a long time ago.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 1:29 am

ksl wrote:At this point while searching, I will say that Singaporeexpats forum is used by some media using quotes from our web forum threads. MS is mentioned and Louy is also mentioned with regards to seeking PR status. Looks like the PAP opposition using us as a tool. Isn't there a copy right infringement by this media group. That I will not name It also says MS is an editor....which is untrue, though maybe he has that rank on his nickname ha!

KSL, you could please PM those sites that mentioned my nick .

SMS ; I agree with KSL. I do not want this forum to land in hot soup as my only purpose here is to render help for poor souls
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

uc
Regular
Regular

can a Pr sponsor ltsvp spouse for PR?

Postby uc » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 2:49 am

On Longterm for 2yrs now and my spouse is a PR...Can she be able to get me on PR now or after election.

My PR spouse is my wife and a chinese national,currently pregnant,She earns 4000dols and works with MOE as a teacher.Both of us are graduates Bsc and MBA..Pls advise

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: can a Pr sponsor ltsvp spouse for PR?

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 2:54 am

uc wrote:On Longterm for 2yrs now and my spouse is a PR...Can she be able to get me on PR now or after election.

My PR spouse is my wife and a chinese national,currently pregnant,She earns 4000dols and works with MOE as a teacher.Both of us are graduates Bsc and MBA..Pls advise

After election will be best. What is the validity of your LTSVP. My guess is only for 1 yr and has to be renewed yearly. When will your LTSVP expires.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:06 pm

My ltsvp has 7months to go...i'm gonna wait til after election like u suggested.
i have another question pls,my wife intends to reapply for citizenship now she's pregnant,cos she was denied last time(9months ago) maybe cos she had no kid.....Now the fertility rate of chinese's very low,she's thinking that now could be a better time to give it a try one more time.

Pls what do you suggest,after child's delivery or before?pls suggest

Thanks.

Lest i forget,she has been working with MOE for the past 8yrs and 7yrs on her PR

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 2:32 am

uc wrote:My ltsvp has 7months to go...i'm gonna wait til after election like u suggested.
i have another question pls,my wife intends to reapply for citizenship now she's pregnant,cos she was denied last time(9months ago) maybe cos she had no kid.....Now the fertility rate of chinese's very low,she's thinking that now could be a better time to give it a try one more time.

Thanks.

Lest i forget,she has been working with MOE for the past 8yrs and 7yrs on her PR

You shouldn't worry about your LTVSP if your wife is a PR and you have been resident in Singapore 2 years, just apply online in goodtime it takes 2 weeks online.

Citizenship, you need to wait until elections are finished

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 2:59 am

uc wrote:My ltsvp has 7months to go...i'm gonna wait til after election like u suggested.

Thanks.

I cannot find the link that was passed to me last year by one forumer. I think his nick is lenbroski or lownbroski or something close BUT his link is very beneficial. This link was from ICA itself
If your spouse intends to give birth here, register your child as a Sger NOT PR. Only do this if you are absolutely sure that you want your child to be a Sger. No second thoughts especially if she gives birth to a boy. If you do this, your PR or LTSVP or citizenship will be a shoe in.
Best to check with ICA again and if it is possible , could you please show me the link as I have been scrolling back and forth with no success.
Citizenship application is usually thru invitation. As you have lived here more than the said requirement , wait till your wife has given birth and after election as these will stack in your favour. Once the dust has settled down , go for it

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Feb 2011 7:00 am

That was in special instances and extremely rare. In fact, I don't thinks it's been done for several years now. I remember that post as well, cause I think I was the one who found the link. Will have to see if I can find it again.

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:22 am

A friend mine was rejected ltsvp within 24hours after docs verification.his sponsor's his wife(Staff of MOE,a PR).During teir docs vrification at Ica,he told me that JAN n feb cpf did not show on the cpf sheet cos Moe omitted paying his wife for those two moths,but promised to pay both,includin march salary on the 12th of march 2011.

The Ica counter officer asked his wife how she's bn surviving durin those months of no pay.The apology letter from moe to dat effect was also submitted. Now they r waitin to appeal after the wife must have recieved whole salary{s} in march.Beside the wife is pregnant.

Pls could the aforementioned be reason for their instant rejection,and what could be done.Appealing through MP or safe?

xuxu21

Postby xuxu21 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 6:48 pm

Hi! i want to get your opinion on my PR application.

My husband got his Citizenship on Feb 2009. Currently working. We got married last year April.
I was a student pass holder for 3 yrs. I stopped cause i got married and now currently holding LTP.
We applied PR last Dec and in my 2nd month of waiting.

What are my chances of approval?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 7:17 pm

xuxu21 wrote:Hi! i want to get your opinion on my PR application.

My husband got his Citizenship on Feb 2009. Currently working. We got married last year April.
I was a student pass holder for 3 yrs. I stopped cause i got married and now currently holding LTP.
We applied PR last Dec and in my 2nd month of waiting.

What are my chances of approval?
Your PR chance is very slim indeed at this time, the criteria for marriage is around 2 years I believe.
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 7:30 pm

uc wrote:A friend mine was rejected ltsvp within 24hours after docs verification.his sponsor's his wife(Staff of MOE,a PR).During teir docs vrification at Ica,he told me that JAN n feb cpf did not show on the cpf sheet cos Moe omitted paying his wife for those two moths,but promised to pay both,includin march salary on the 12th of march 2011.

The Ica counter officer asked his wife how she's bn surviving durin those months of no pay.The apology letter from moe to dat effect was also submitted. Now they r waitin to appeal after the wife must have recieved whole salary{s} in march.Beside the wife is pregnant.

Pls could the aforementioned be reason for their instant rejection,and what could be done.Appealing through MP or safe?

You are quite safe, there is a failure of communication between ICA & MOM, once you get the data, you should be fine.
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.