WHERE TO LIVE...

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
GIANK

WHERE TO LIVE...

Post by GIANK » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 3:54 pm

HI TO EVERYBODY!
GOING TO MOVE TO SINGAPORE IN 2 MONTHS AND STAYING PROBABLY 3 YEARS.
MY COMPANY IS LOCATED IN PAYA UBI IND. PARK.
WHERE DO U SUGGEST ME TO FIND A PLACE TO LIVE?
I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND FROM 700 TO 1400 SGD.
I WILL SHARE THE FLAT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND.
DO U KNOW ANY GOOD (PRICE/QUALITY) PLACE NEAR DHOBY GHAUT?
I'M GOING TO ASK 5000 SGD AS FOR ALLOWANCE. DO YOU THINK IS IT ENAUGH?
THANKS G

Singapore Property Search

Post by Guest » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 4:55 pm

Why do you want to stay near DHOBY GHAUT? That area is very expensive.

GIANK

Post by GIANK » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 5:11 pm

JUST BECAUSE I'VE SEEN ADVERTISEMENT FOR QUITE NICE APARTMENTS IN THAT AREA AND THE PRICE LOOKS NOT TOO BAD (1300/1400).
WHAT CAN U SUGGEST?

Post by Guest » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 5:25 pm

ok with that price around that area. Do you know the name of the apartment?

small letters

Post by small letters » Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:16 am

GIANK, plse write in small letters...easier on the eyes.

Usually at DG, they are apts without facilities or minimal facilities. That should be fine if you just want a nice place to live and near town and MRT.

Where you work, by right staying in the paya lebar(correct spelling??) area is better but if you like a place to feel more comfortable with higher presence of foreigners, certainly DG can give that better. Certainly the apt in PL should be cheaper and bigger in space while for similarly price DG apt, it may be smaller.

So really it depends on what you want in your lifestyle.
Also, if you get 5000 and willing to spend 1300/1400 in rental, that is fine cos your disposable income becomes much lesser. Of course if your gf also working then should be fine.

Living in DG also means that the daily expenses is higher if you buy things in that area. So you need to be very good in managing your expenditure if your gf is not working.

Hope this helps.

GIANK

Post by GIANK » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 3:17 pm

small letters wrote:GIANK, plse write in small letters...easier on the eyes.

Usually at DG, they are apts without facilities or minimal facilities. That should be fine if you just want a nice place to live and near town and MRT.

Where you work, by right staying in the paya lebar(correct spelling??) area is better but if you like a place to feel more comfortable with higher presence of foreigners, certainly DG can give that better. Certainly the apt in PL should be cheaper and bigger in space while for similarly price DG apt, it may be smaller.

So really it depends on what you want in your lifestyle.
Also, if you get 5000 and willing to spend 1300/1400 in rental, that is fine cos your disposable income becomes much lesser. Of course if your gf also working then should be fine.

Living in DG also means that the daily expenses is higher if you buy things in that area. So you need to be very good in managing your expenditure if your gf is not working.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot "small letters"!
Of course living next to my the office would be much more easyer, but as you say, I would like to live somewhere next to the city centre.
As for your personal recomendation, where would you think to live?
Anywhere in the center where you have lots of facilitieses and prices are averege?
I need a place with 2 bedrooms, next to mrt, swimming pool...As for others things, I really don't care...I'm young and I can adaptate easy.
Thanks for your helpfull informations!
Giank.