Singapore Expats

Diet Pills

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
elisa777

Diet Pills

Post by elisa777 » Mon, 27 Dec 2010 4:40 pm

i have just been informed by my pharmecist and gp that reductil has been withdrawn long ago,i had been taking it since sept 09.now i dont know what to do as my gp said the only alternative is orlistat, which i took before and it didn,t work for me.just feel i have been abandoned just when things are working for me i,m in the uk so i cant just get diet pills off the gp, they have to be passed before gp can precribe them.anyone know of any other good working diet pils and where i can get them

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Dec 2010 8:59 pm

Why don't you try owning your problem and just eat properly and exercise? Diet pills are not, and never have been, the solution to the problem. In fact, they are part of the problem.

It's about time to face reality.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 27 Dec 2010 9:11 pm

Eat less, fat cow.

Simple.

Muslima70
Regular
Regular

Re: Diet Pills

Post by Muslima70 » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 9:17 am

elisa777 wrote:i have just been informed by my pharmecist and gp that reductil has been withdrawn long ago,i had been taking it since sept 09.now i dont know what to do as my gp said the only alternative is orlistat, which i took before and it didn,t work for me.just feel i have been abandoned just when things are working for me i,m in the uk so i cant just get diet pills off the gp, they have to be passed before gp can precribe them.anyone know of any other good working diet pils and where i can get them
if you really feel you need diet pills, i think you can see what the doctors like local gps can prescribe you...

Or you can try health stores like nature's farm or gnc to see what health supplements you can get to help manage your weight...

I have a friend who takes weight management supplements from health stores and she has a good figure...but i i have not idea if it works cos i have not tried them myself ...some other friends told me they use herbs and herbal teas & it works for them.

In traditional indonesian medicine, tumeric and other herbs are good for weight managements, because they help balance the male/female hormones and is good for acne too. Indonesian traditional medicine called jamu is good, but like all supplements best for you to have some expert advice if possible b4 taking. Sorry I am no expert. But I do know imbalanced hormones can lead to weight problems...so you might want to try natural herbs for a change...

Many of asian tradictional medicines in singapore from Chinese, Indian, Malay/Indonesian and Thai...so you have many options.

But even with traditional asian medicines , the professional practioner will still tell you diet control and some exercise.

I hope you will find a soultion that works for you. Do take care and best of health to you :)
Salam(peace be with you)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 9:48 am

I guess I'll have to rephrase from a previous post here...

...I have a magic pill. All you have to do is run to my house everyday to get a pill for me and then run back home. You need to take the pill for a month and it will make you lose weight. It works wonders!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:33 am

nakatago wrote:I guess I'll have to rephrase from a previous post here...

...I have a magic pill. All you have to do is run to my house everyday to get a pill for me and then run back home. You need to take the pill for a month and it will make you lose weight. It works wonders!
It's actually a multi-purpose pill as it also doubles as a birth control pill. Once you run home with it, all you have to do it place it between your knees and hold it there with your knees. Works fine, so I've been told, and it has no side effects. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Liamini

Post by Liamini » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:54 pm

Diet pills damage metabolism in long run.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:29 pm

Liamini......

you still need one more post before your PM function will work. It's pretty obvious by your useless posts, that that is what you are trying to do.

:roll:

sweetsally

Post by sweetsally » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 4:44 pm

Even the most effective diet pills are only meant to be taken for a short period of time, usually six months or less

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Diet ??

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 6:31 pm

Slim 10 anybody ?? :D :D)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 8:52 pm

:shock:

sophiasmith941

weight loss tips..

Post by sophiasmith941 » Tue, 31 May 2011 8:53 pm

Hi..
You can reduce weight in natural way also..Do exercise/yoga everyday..Drink more water..Avoid junk food..

snowysummer

Post by snowysummer » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:58 am

after all the reports on the side effects of diet pills, i dare not really try it anymore even though i badly wanted to lose those stubborn fats. tried dieting and exercising but doesnt seem to work for me. haven't tried going to slimming centres but my friends have been recommending me to go for marie france, saying that it's good. anyone got good recommendation to lose weight? please share! :)

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular

Post by tinkerbell88 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 6:19 pm

Dear Snowysummr,
do visit the weight loss thread. A group of us has been engaged in his discourse over the last few days, so mnay interesting tips! From so many veiwpoints. A healthy diet and exercise is still the mainstay, if not , you should visit a personal trainer, a dr and a nutritionist. :D
Please do not wastte your precious $$$$$ on slimming centres, there are modest results but it ain't sustainable, and you're better off spending it on a Birkin Bag.
tinkerbell88

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 8:12 pm

True!