Singapore Expats Forum

Employment pass cancelled, how to get back my LSVP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

wichita

Postby wichita » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:56 pm

Hi
I am on a long term visit pass right now and I am about to take up a job on an EP. I was wondering, if I leave the job or the company lays me off, how can I get my long term visit pass back? do I automatically get a 30 days short term visa on cancellation of my EP and I have to reapply for my long term visit pass or can I apply for my long term visit pass during my notice period before my EP is cancelled?
CB

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:10 am

Once your EP is canceled, you will get a bog standard short term SVP. This cannot be renewed. You will have to leave the country for at least 5 days (some say you need to return to your home of origin but I cannot find anything to confirm that). Unless it has changed, you cannot extend the SVP received at the cancellation of the work pass.

wichita

Postby wichita » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:24 am

so i cannot extend my svp even if my LSVP is pending? because as soon as i loose my EP and get my 30 days svp i would apply for my LSVP
CB

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Employment pass cancelled, how to get back my LSVP

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 4:15 am

wichita wrote:so i cannot extend my svp even if my LSVP is pending? because as soon as i loose my EP and get my 30 days svp i would apply for my LSVP

No, you can't.

To answer SMS queries on "to return after 5 days or return to the point of origin" ; has been used regularly nowadays. No standard pattern or reason on which way it will go.
Some were told to leave and return to Singapore after 5 days.Others were told to go back to their home country esp. China and Indonesia and return after 5 days. Malaysian on SVP can only come back after 30 days on some occasion. This is what I gather and not sure which is the correct procedure.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!