Singapore Expats Forum

Lastminute NY’s getaway to Bali – Looking for travel buddies

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
User avatar
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore (formerly Southampton, UK)

Lastminute NY’s getaway to Bali – Looking for travel buddies

Postby Joeyfishcat » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 2:20 pm

Going to Bali for r&r, sightseeing and bringing in the new year with a bit of partying :D .
I arrive in Denpasar on Wednesday 29th December, return to Sing on 2nd January.
If you are interested in coming along, pm me asap! I notice availability of flights during this period is becoming increasingly limited.
Alternatively, if you’re already going to Bali for the New Year and want to meet-up while there, pm me also!
Perhaps we can meet-up beforehand in Sing?
Cheers,
Jo
(33/F/British)
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Re: Lastminute NY’s getaway to Bali – Looking for travel bud

Postby ngad0003 » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 2:53 pm

Joeyfishcat wrote:Going to Bali for r&r, sightseeing and bringing in the new year with a bit of partying :D .
I arrive in Denpasar on Wednesday 29th December, return to Sing on 2nd January.
If you are interested in coming along, pm me asap! I notice availability of flights during this period is becoming increasingly limited.
Alternatively, if you’re already going to Bali for the New Year and want to meet-up while there, pm me also!
Perhaps we can meet-up beforehand in Sing?
Cheers,
Jo
(33/F/British)


last minute air ticket to Bali will be quite expensive :(

if only you had informed earlier... I am Indonesian and ever been to Bali in May 2010.

going to renew my passport next week, I think I can not make it unless Jet Star can give me standard price :lol:

User avatar
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore (formerly Southampton, UK)

Postby Joeyfishcat » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 4:48 pm

Hello Lee,
Thanks for your reply.
Jetstar do still have a standard fare available going out on that week (Wednesday only), but you would need to stay there a few days past the New Year to get a cheap return!
Depends how much time you have to spare....
:)
Jo
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

User avatar
glamoure_rouge81
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby glamoure_rouge81 » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 5:41 pm

Joeyfishcat wrote:Hello Lee,
Thanks for your reply.
Jetstar do still have a standard fare available going out on that week (Wednesday only), but you would need to stay there a few days past the New Year to get a cheap return!
Depends how much time you have to spare....
:)
Jo


Hello thr, i'm 29/f from Sg and looking to widen my social circle. Interesting idea to hit Bali for NY. I got an uncle thr who cud show us ard etc. I'm keen on the idea but donno if flights r still available. Nd to check cos i gotta go back to work on 3rd Jan.

billi_sg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 16 Aug 2010
Location: Singapore

hi

Postby billi_sg » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 7:27 pm

hi can tell me more... been awhile since i last went to Bali. And no plans at the moment for New Year.

User avatar
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore (formerly Southampton, UK)

Postby Joeyfishcat » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 3:45 pm

@billi_sg
More info about yourself?
FYI - I'm staying in Seminyak for 4 nts.
If you want to go - better book vv soon - there aren't many flights left and accommodation there's becoming limited!
I guess the plan is to meet up with anyone - either beforehand in SG (not much time left tho!) OR meet-up in Seminyak after arrival.
PM me, if you prefer.
Thanks!
Jo
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

User avatar
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore (formerly Southampton, UK)

Postby Joeyfishcat » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 4:41 pm

@glamoure_rouge81
Ok - great if you can come along! :D
Yes - agree - check NOW for flights! I've had to pay the premium fare with Jetstar to return on 2nd Jan, as I'm back to work on 3rd Jan too.
I tried Air Asia, but tickets on 2nd were all sold out. There may be other airlines... My colleague said he flew to Malaysia first, then to Bali and it worked out a whole lot cheaper than going direct from Singapore.
Only other suggestion is to return on NY's day - if you're feeling up to travelling - then sleep it all off at home on Sunday! :P
I think both Air Asia and Jetstar have reasonably-priced tickets still available (albeit limited).
BTW - meeting for coffee at Coffee Bean this Wednesday 22nd Dec @ 6:30pm onwards, if you want to meet-up to chat and discuss...?
Cheers!
Jo
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

User avatar
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore (formerly Southampton, UK)

Postby Joeyfishcat » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 4:45 pm

Oops! ...That would be Coffee Bean @ Vivo City (#02-03/04) :lol:
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

avocadoQ
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 30 Nov 2010
Location: singapore

can i join?

Postby avocadoQ » Tue, 21 Dec 2010 4:24 pm

Hi Jo,

Is the trip set? Can i join?
Everything will be fine.

User avatar
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore (formerly Southampton, UK)

Postby Joeyfishcat » Tue, 21 Dec 2010 5:49 pm

Hello avocadoQ,
I've already booked for myself (see above dates).
If you are interested in going, you'll need to act fast.
Let me know if you manage to arrange flights/accommodation!
Thanks,
Jo
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

englishguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 20 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby englishguy » Tue, 21 Dec 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Jo, I can't do new year but am looking for someone to make some trips with in new year. I might try pop down tomorrow if that's ok? m/35

User avatar
glamoure_rouge81
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby glamoure_rouge81 » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:47 am

Joeyfishcat wrote:@glamoure_rouge81
Ok - great if you can come along! :D
Yes - agree - check NOW for flights! I've had to pay the premium fare with Jetstar to return on 2nd Jan, as I'm back to work on 3rd Jan too.
I tried Air Asia, but tickets on 2nd were all sold out. There may be other airlines... My colleague said he flew to Malaysia first, then to Bali and it worked out a whole lot cheaper than going direct from Singapore.
Only other suggestion is to return on NY's day - if you're feeling up to travelling - then sleep it all off at home on Sunday! :P
I think both Air Asia and Jetstar have reasonably-priced tickets still available (albeit limited).
BTW - meeting for coffee at Coffee Bean this Wednesday 22nd Dec @ 6:30pm onwards, if you want to meet-up to chat and discuss...?
Cheers!
Jo


Hey Jo,
So sorry I won't be able to join in this time due to last min work commitments. Keep me in the loop in case u got plans for the Chinese New Year period.

Thanks, and Regards,
Neems.

byn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 02 Mar 2009

Postby byn » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:53 am

will be nice to join any future trips. i will join coffee this evening if i can leave office early enough. cheers :)

jc2000m
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2009

Angkor Wat trip

Postby jc2000m » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 8:51 pm

anyone interested in an Angkor Wat trip @ begining of march

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Re: Angkor Wat trip

Postby ngad0003 » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 5:42 pm

jc2000m wrote:anyone interested in an Angkor Wat trip @ begining of march


How about Japan trip mid of 2011


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “30's Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests